Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I registered on Saturday . Just got an appointment for Thursday 22nd
    Delighted ! Its really moving now

Fantastic news. Appointment given only two days after registration- that's pretty efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭embraer170

Geuze wrote: »
    I find this staggering.

I must lead a very dull life.

I know of two people who acquired coronavirus: one a relation aged about 80 who acquired it in hosp, and the son of a friend.

I must have a small circle of friends compared to other people.

35!!!! I can't get over that.

Depends on what one defines as friends I suppose.

I lead a fairly dull life but if I include friends, extended family (incl. in laws), and colleagues, I am probably around 40+.

From these, I am aware of two deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

For those in cohort 4, I got a call today for an appointment for 30 April. Moderna vaccine.

Delighted for you !

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Champagne Sally

Neighbour 65, registered this morning and got a text at 6pm for city west on Saturday . That’s great going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Neighbour 65, registered this morning and got a text at 6pm for city west on Saturday . That’s great going!!

Very good.

All depends on the center nearest them and how quickly they get through the age groups

• Advertisement

City west seem to be flying , getting texts all evening from people who have appointments for City West .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    City west seem to be flying , getting texts all evening from people who have appointments for City West .

Yeah someone I know registered at weekend has appointment at city west for 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I registered my dad on Friday, he got a txt Saturday morning with an appointment this Wednesday at City west!
    Hopefully they can manage, they had large queues out the place last week. I'm not sure how quick they were getting people in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Loving all this - best wishes to everybody with their appointment.
    (Apparently a reaction to the vaccine is good - it means your immune system has been fired up. So don't worry too much!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

The Government is to wait until there is clarity on the use of the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine before deciding whether to further increase the gap between doses of other Covid-19 vaccines, Ministers have been told.

Ugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but has anyone any advice if they know someone who is 70+ (73) and who has not yet got vaccinated and has been told by their doctor it will be at least 4 weeks until they will get the 1st dose?
    I presume it’s not possible to register online in the 60-69 cohort? Are there any other avenues? She is obviously not looking to Q jump but all her friends and neighbours have been vaccinated including those who are younger. Different GPs it seems

GP is pure useless

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

(Apparently a reaction to the vaccine is good - it means your immune system has been fired up. So don't worry too much!)

Important to emphasise a large amount of people in the clinical trials developed no symptoms after the first or second dose. The vaccines still prevented severe illness. You don't necessarily need to feel a reaction for the vaccine to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I'd recommend ringing HSE Live if the GP is indeed useless as GPs are directing this cohort

LoCall: 1850 24 1850

Phone:01 240 8787

From outside Ireland or the UK: 00 3531 240 8787

Send your query by email to hselive@hse.ie.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Important to emphasise a large amount of people in the clinical trials developed no symptoms after the first or second dose. The vaccines still prevented severe illness. You don't necessarily need to feel a reaction for the vaccine to work.

I didn't say you did! I'm just saying that plenty of people have reported symptoms and that they are nothing to worry about.

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    The Government is to wait until there is clarity on the use of the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine before deciding whether to further increase the gap between doses of other Covid-19 vaccines, Ministers have been told.

Ugh

Makes perfect sense - no point risking not having enough vaccine to give the second shot if we can't use the J&J which is pending the green light.

I didn't say you did! I'm just saying that plenty of people have reported symptoms and that they are nothing to worry about.

Oh yeah I know. I'm just appending your post. I'm not disagreeing with you here. I've just seen people anxious when they felt nothing thinking it might not have worked for them. We don't want people worrying about that either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Tyrone212 wrote: »

Ugh

The reason they are giving is you unnessecarily prolongue the 2nd dose when doses are plentiful in the summer. Not buying it to be honest and there are definitely gains to be regardless, even if you narrow the gap again when into later cohorts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Fergal Bowers on the 9 O Clock news just there saying that the take up in the 65-69 age group online/phone has been a lot less than expected, hopefully it will continue to increase over the coming days for that age cohort even as the registration moves down the age list.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers on the 9 O Clock news just there saying that the take up in the 65-69 age group online/phone has been a lot less than expected, hopefully it will continue to increase over the coming days for that age cohort even as the registration moves down the age list.

Paul Reid on the 6 pm news said it was more than they anticipated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Wolf359f wrote: »
    I registered my dad on Friday, he got a txt Saturday morning with an appointment this Wednesday at City west!
    Hopefully they can manage, they had large queues out the place last week. I'm not sure how quick they were getting people in and out.

I'm up there tomorrow late afternoon.......I'll let you know what it's like.

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote: »

This is surprising. He asked this question at the briefing. They told him they didn't know exactly but the HSE had told them they were pleasant surprised with the engagement so far.
    Wonder what changed in the intervening hours?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Numbers released this evening of only a 60% registration for the 65 to 69 age group.Even allowing for a small percentage in that cohort vaccinated,this
    is as i thought would happen,and of the 60% a small number will not show up for
    their appointment.I am in the 69 age group, registered on Thursday heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

To be fair I don't think the change from being invited for the vaccine to having to actively register has been communicated all that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭josip

One thing we can be sure of, we will never be told what was 'expected'.
    Just leave it suitably vague so that those who want to, can continue to peddle gloom and disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Numbers released this evening of only a 60% registration for the 65 to 69 age group.Even allowing for a small percentage in that cohort vaccinated,this
    is as i thought would happen,and of the 60% a small number will not show up for
    their appointment.I am in the 69 age group, registered on Thursday heard nothing yet.

I'd say it depends on the location you are assigned too and number if slots they have. If I were you and you didn't hear by Wednesday I would call hse live. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cUZy6AMCwuA2zhtRuKK7cqMVgmhdDsGsZrFWJTkw9DY/edit#gid=502588836

Exciting getting to update the cohorts, big numbers coming soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'm up there tomorrow late afternoon.......I'll let you know what it's like.

Cheers!
    Just curious how long it takes. I was gonna drop him up and wait, but he said he'll drive himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭josip

irishlad. wrote: »

Why have only 96,000 out of 256,000 in HCWs gotten their 2nd dose?
    Did many of them get AZ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,996 ✭✭✭✭Stark

irishlad. wrote: »

The cohort size estimates don't look right. Only 1,000 in cohort 6 and 450,000 in cohort 5? Would have imagined the combined total to be around 250,000.

Actually I'm not even sure are they bothering to split cohorts 5/6 anymore?

Edit: just saw the following post with the rejigged cohorts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement