Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

EzWx2w5VUAEdFk1?format=jpg&name=900x900
    EzWx2w3UYAgzCQN?format=jpg&name=900x900

Have the numbers in cohort 1 been removed from cohort 3 as i think the over 70 population is about 490,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Numbers released this evening of only a 60% registration for the 65 to 69 age group.Even allowing for a small percentage in that cohort vaccinated,this
    is as i thought would happen,and of the 60% a small number will not show up for
    their appointment.I am in the 69 age group, registered on Thursday heard nothing yet.

I guess that might be down to location?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Strazdas wrote: »
    I guess that might be down to location?
    Probably, i'm based in the north west,Sligo is my nearest centre and all the posts so far are appointments for mainly Dublin and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Economics101

If "only" 60% of 65-69s have registered, how many more are there in this age-group who are being contacted because of their high-risk condition? That could add quite a lot to the percentage of the 65-69 cohort who are in the process in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

B2021M wrote: »
    Have the numbers in cohort 1 been removed from cohort 3 as i think the over 70 population is about 490,000?

Seems so, I thought it would've been smaller though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

1huge1 wrote: »
    Fergal Bowers on the 9 O Clock news just there saying that the take up in the 65-69 age group online/phone has been a lot less than expected, hopefully it will continue to increase over the coming days for that age cohort even as the registration moves down the age list.

That's not what was said to him at the briefing and the HSE are saying its alot more signed up than they expected so far. All looks to be going very well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

josip wrote: »
    Why have only 96,000 out of 256,000 in HCWs gotten their 2nd dose?
    Did many of them get AZ?

My guess is that initially HCW were primarily given Pfizer/Moderna, but later on, this was switched to AZ. This would explain how it reached 96k reletavely fast (the 2nd dose after 4 weeks) and then plateaued.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

That's not what was said to him at the briefing and the HSE are saying its alot more signed up than they expected so far. All looks to be going very well

Yes I was wondering that myself, which is why it jumped out at me so much,

Its about 5mins into the 9 O Clock news on RTE if anyone is really interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Probably, i'm based in the north west,Sligo is my nearest centre and all the posts so far are appointments for mainly Dublin and Cork.

My 69 y.o. Sis in Sligo registered a week ago. She's heard nothing. Her knitting club reckons Sligo is not being targeted for appointments as much as some other places as their Covid cases are so low. Possible link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭blackcard

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    City west seem to be flying , getting texts all evening from people who have appointments for City West .

Brilliant to hear that. Every jab given is a step towards the end of this nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭blackcard

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    My 69 y.o. Sis in Sligo registered a week ago. She's heard nothing. Her knitting club reckons Sligo is not being targeted for appointments as much as some other places as their Covid cases are so low. Possible link?

Funny. The knitting clubs in Kilkenny are saying appointments are progressing well even though it has the lowest infection rate in the country

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

josip wrote: »
    Why have only 96,000 out of 256,000 in HCWs gotten their 2nd dose?
    Did many of them get AZ?

A good lot of them did, but largely not the immediately frontline medical staff. So lots of the likes of dentists, dental assistants, pharmacists, GP practice staff etc. that didn't get done in the initial hospital rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

blackcard wrote: »
    Brilliant to hear that. Every jab given is a step towards the end of this nightmare

Amen to that. People have had their fill of the pandemic - a year gone out of everyone's lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Strazdas wrote: »
    Amen to that. People have had their fill of the pandemic - a year gone out of everyone's lives.

Covid is here to stay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

HSE updates vaccine roll-out plan on ‘working assumption’ of no Johnson & Johnson doses

https://www.independent.ie/news/hse-updates-vaccine-roll-out-plan-on-working-assumption-of-no-johnson-and-johnson-doses-40332594.html

Makes sense to plan without J&J

For that vaccine to be of no use whatsoever would be terrible though

We badly need the 600,000 doses turned into 600,000 fully vaccinated people

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

Probably. But vaccines will prevent serious illness so all lockdowns and other restrictions will soon be gone. So substantively Covid will be no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I would think the more likely explanation is that the numbers are much smaller
    in the north west and we will all get called in the next couple of days.

Father in law is in the Midlands, registered on Friday but nothing yet. His nearest vaccination centre isn't open yet so that's probably why. I think it's very much location dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Covid is here to stay though.

True but vaccinated people will be able to live alongside Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    HSE updates vaccine roll-out plan on ‘working assumption’ of no Johnson & Johnson doses

https://www.independent.ie/news/hse-updates-vaccine-roll-out-plan-on-working-assumption-of-no-johnson-and-johnson-doses-40332594.html

It would be a travesty if we can't use our J&J vaccines. If the EMA reccomend no age limits on it hopefully NIAC would have the age limit any higher 50. If we get J&J on top of the extra Pfizer vaccines we'll be flying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

blackcard wrote: »
    Funny. The knitting clubs in Kilkenny are saying appointments are progressing well even though it has the lowest infection rate in the country

Kilkenny based 69 year old dad registered Saturday. No sign of an appointment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭amandstu

lausp wrote: »
    Kilkenny based 69 year old dad registered Saturday. No sign of an appointment yet.

I am in the same boat (registered Thursday).
    I was able to check my status on the HSE page** and it shows me as "Awaiting Appointment"

So I am in the system alright.

** Think I clicked on "already registered" or something like that or perhaps I reclicked on the first email I got from them asking me to verify my email address.

Anyway I could see I was in the system.

Expect something in the next few days I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Champagne Sally

Punchestown Vacc Centre is not open until 28th April, so no appointments yet for Kildare and West Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

The EU decision on the J&J vaccine is due today, is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Sanjuro wrote: »
    The EU decision on the J&J vaccine is due today, is it not?

Yup, EMA provisionally scheduled it for today.

Could well change if they don't reach a decision today as the CHMP is meeting for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Punchestown Vacc Centre is not open until 28th April, so no appointments yet for Kildare and West Wicklow.

Any idea why it’s delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’m in group 7 and my consultant is in Dublin but I don’t live in Dublin.
    Would I get the vaccine near where I live or near the hospital that registered me?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Three relatives registered on portal last Friday. Appointments scheduled within three days. Two in City Hall in Cork and one in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. All 3 being vaccinated on Thursday,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Gael23 wrote: »
    I’m in group 7 and my consultant is in Dublin but I don’t live in Dublin.
    Would I get the vaccine near where I live or near the hospital that registered me?
    Know someone who was in that situation and was given a booking for Dublin because they were linked to the Mater. I'd say contact both the consultant and the HSE and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

KrustyUCC wrote: »

I'd take that entire article with a pinch of salt after reading the author :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement