Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sharon_B

Punchestown Vacc Centre is not open until 28th April, so no appointments yet for Kildare and West Wicklow.

My mother got her 2nd jab in Punchestown centre 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It seems that we are now up to 26 out of 37 MVCs, with 7 opening this week.

Full list is here.

https://www2.hse.ie/apps/services/vaccineclinics.aspx

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Anyone who registered for themselves or folks, have you been called to Helix? I reckon that's my dads centre, no word yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

buddys going out with non english speaking person getting vaccine shortly is there any assistance offered to non english speaking residents of ireland or can he go in with her

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I have to take someone for vaccine in Aviva around rush hour tomorrow morning. Anyone familiar with arrangements. I have never been there before. What road do you access facility from? Passing in January on Northumberland Road, there seem to be an 'in' and an 'out' from there. How much time should we allow to get parked, walk in etc before appointment time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Skygord wrote: »

Am I reading that right? 1k doses?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Gael23 wrote: »
    I’m in group 7 and my consultant is in Dublin but I don’t live in Dublin.
    Would I get the vaccine near where I live or near the hospital that registered me?
    If you are in 60-69 age category I think you need to register on the portal and you will be assigned to your nearest vaccination Centre. But double check with your consultant or GP if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭horse7

My friend of 61 has just announced she has managed to skip the Corona vaccine queue, she has mild rhumitoid issues (for 2 years), and said her (private) consultant had somehow arranged this. I find this extremely unfair as I am 64 with severe rhumitoid, (for 40 years) attending (public) consultants in hospital. (Also immuno suppressed)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

is_that_so wrote: »
    It seems that we are now up to 26 out of 37 MVCs, with 7 opening this week.

Full list is here.

https://www2.hse.ie/apps/services/vaccineclinics.aspx

Is there a way to tell which are open? My mother is registered in Meath but I'm not sure if the Navan centre is open yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cork2021

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭noplacehere

horse7 wrote: »
    My friend of 61 has just announced she has managed to skip the Corona vaccine queue, she has mild rhumitoid issues (for 2 years), and said her (private) consultant had somehow arranged this. I find this extremely unfair as I am 64 with severe rhumitoid, (for 40 years) attending (public) consultants in hospital. (Also immuno suppressed)

It seems to be completely at the whim of the hospital and the consultant who is getting sent forward for vaccination in cohort 4 which is very frustrating for everyone concerned

Do GPs have guidance on how to sort cohort 4 lists? As in do they still prioritise age?

Sparko wrote: »
    Is there a way to tell which are open? My mother is registered in Meath but I'm not sure if the Navan centre is open yet.
    Call the HSE and ask maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

1huge1 wrote: »
    Am I reading that right? 1k doses?

Does seem like it, although the report says last refresh at 03.00, whereas the older reports have last refresh around 08.00 so unless the detail is only partially updated?

It seems to be completely at the whim of the hospital and the consultant who is getting sent forward for vaccination in cohort 4 which is very frustrating for everyone concerned
    At this stage you can understand it. Nobody has ever had to categorise people with conditions before. I think it is a case of the HSE getting through all of groups 1-7 as they can. And of course there's the supply issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

acer911 wrote: »
    Does seem like it, although the report says last refresh at 03.00, whereas the older reports have last refresh around 08.00 so unless the detail is only partially updated?

Hopefully that is the case.

I know people keep saying that as long as we are getting the supplies into 95% of people's arms within 7 days, then we are doing well, but I believe 1k doses in a day would be our lowest since the beginning of the entire rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

1huge1 wrote: »
    Hopefully that is the case.

I know people keep saying that as long as we are getting the supplies into 95% of people's arms within 7 days, then we are doing well, but I believe 1k doses in a day would be our lowest since the beginning of the entire rollout.

I fully expected a drop on Sunday tbh given the lack of MVC with AZ.

They rolled out 141k doses when 180k were expected. A 40k hit due to AZ. Not a bad week given the start it had, keeping in mind it was primarily Pfizer being rolled out through GPs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Cork2021 wrote: »

Leaving them on the apron, in the sun, for a photo op?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

There's going to be a lot of annoyance if J&J is age restricted to older people (whom we'd have already vaccinated by the time it is arriving in useful quantities). Sure we won't be sitting on the best part of 600k J&J doses at the end of June and can't use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭josip

Have you much experience yourself in the vaccine packaging and transporting business raind?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

There's absolutely nothing to indicate that this happened.

A photo existing of something does not mean that something is staged for a "photo op"

josip wrote: »
    Have you much experience yourself in the vaccine packaging and transporting business raind?
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    There's absolutely nothing to indicate that this happened.

A photo existing of something does not mean that something is staged for a "photo op"

You might want to get those sarcasm detectors looked into.

But as a matter of fact...not vaccines specifically, but material with special storage requirements yes, and standard handling with a wide margin of error would be factored in to the packaging storage and transportation conditions to leave minimal risk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭plodder

How long were they 'left' there for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Latest update on 65-69 is over 136,000 registered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Level 42 wrote: »
    buddys going out with non english speaking person getting vaccine shortly is there any assistance offered to non english speaking residents of ireland or can he go in with her

cheers

Do they speak Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

You might want to get those sarcasm detectors looked into.

But as a matter of fact...not vaccines specifically, but material with special storage requirements yes, and standard handling with a wide margin of error would be factored in to the packaging storage and transportation conditions to leave minimal risk

So they were unloaded and someone took a photo . I cannot see any big deal at all

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Is it considered to be taking guidelines seriously when you visit someone even though they have told you they have symptoms?
    Good point, but I left out of the post the decision process by which we assessed that the risk of transmission was low - I do recall checking relative area infection rates, correlating the mild symptoms mentioned and the chances of the disease actually being present (the child concerned had shown similar symptoms a few times before and wasn't covid-positive then), as well as acting to reduce the transmission risk by sitting far apart and moving the chairs so that the breeze blew between us and not blowing from one to the other, and that we'd brought our own coffee + cake from home, plus the fact that more generally, it was the end of October and we'd had no non-pod social events since the start of August and that the next non-pod social event would be dinner on Christmas day + Stephens day (same four people both days), and that we've had no non-pod social events since then.

I'm sure plenty of other people do such risk analyses and risk reduction before meeting up during a pandemic, but I haven't come across too many who do - no doubt because, as above, we're not meeting anybody. I'm not so sure though that the hundreds of people whom I can see, from a relatively safe distance, meeting up in and enjoying themselves in and around Blackrock, Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey are really being quite as careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I fully expected a drop on Sunday tbh given the lack of MVC with AZ.

They rolled out 141k doses when 180k were expected. A 40k hit due to AZ. Not a bad week given the start it had, keeping in mind it was primarily Pfizer being rolled out through GPs

They could maybe space the appointments out throughout the week.
    Citywest this morning had a queue of people snaking around the carpark with well over 1hr wait to get into the building (not sure of the queue inside) So having 65-69 year olds waiting out standing for that length of time is not acceptable. With Irish weather you would need an umbrella and suncream! This was at 9:30 this morning, so I'd hate to see the wait time at the end of the day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement