Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

Strazdas wrote: »
    Claire Byrne says there are 400,000 sixty to 69 year olds in the country, so that could easily use up the full quota with the two doses.

We're getting 480k doses of AZ in April and May, so all over 60s could receive a first dose in that time. It's really not so bad. Maybe the 50-59 groups could be opened up before the 60-69s finish, so we can keep the supply of Pfizer and Moderna moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Strumms wrote: »
    Freedom isn’t a god given right...

We don’t have freedoms to....

1. Drive through a red light

2. Walk out of a supermarket without paying for what’s in our trolley

3. Play loud music at 3am

4. Attend and enroll in a college course without the necessary qualifying factors.

5. Assault people we dislike or disagree with or who have hurt us.

We are in this situation and we need to suck it up and continue on the pathway of safety and health for all. Tough times, tough measures, be a team player.

That’s the argument now. We have to continue lockdown because we don’t have complete freedom to murder people or drive through a red light :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

funnydoggy wrote: »
    The stat itself, is it accurate? :pac:

It's about as accurate as Bill Gates injecting us with 5G modems. What ever happened to that utter twat spouting about how COVID tests give you cancer? Must have been a Daily Mail reporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Yonce wrote: »
    I very much doubt it.
    There's too many unknowns with this virus.
    Do we even know how long the vaccines work for?
    I'd say masks etc will be around for a good while, and packing out places, I could be just negative but I can't see it
    We don't know how long they work for, but the antibodies decline after 6 months.
    What does that mean for protection... might as well ask a taxi driver

We don't know how long they work for, but the antibodies decline after 6 months.
    What does that mean for protection... might as well ask a taxi driver

You know the immune system is slightly more complex than antibodies, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Beasty wrote: »
    Agreed

:eek:

I'm in that cohort!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Kingston Mills on Claire Byrne saying 60-69 year olds might be wondering how come under 60s get mrna, over 69s get mrna, why the hell are 60-69s only being given AZ.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Beasty what did you do to the thread ? I was on one are vaccines the way out and it’s gone now

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Beasty what did you do to the thread ? I was on one are vaccines the way out and it’s gone now

Vaccine threads get merged into this one big megathread, it saves having 20 different threads about the same subject.

Phew....thought it was just my phone gone a bit rogue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Yes and all the shyte has come over to this thread.

Aren't you thread banned?

Did you just get put out to pasture? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Flying Fox wrote: »
    We're getting 480k doses of AZ in April and May, so all over 60s could receive a first dose in that time. It's really not so bad. Maybe the 50-59 groups could be opened up before the 60-69s finish, so we can keep the supply of Pfizer and Moderna moving.
    You're suggesting fully vaccinating 50 year olds before 60 year olds. Because that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Vaccine threads get merged into this one big megathread, it saves having 20 different threads about the same subject.

Is this testing, treatments and vaccines one ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Is this testing, treatments and vaccines one ?

It was about vaccines but now its about some lads pint, boards being Irish (who knew), Portugal not having mandatory mask rules (someone forgot to tell Portugal) and any other old shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

You're suggesting fully vaccinating 50 year olds before 60 year olds. Because that makes sense.

It does if we have Pfizer and they can only go to under 60s. Otherwise we will have the 60 plus done but no one to give AZ to.

It’s tough one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    It does if we have Pfizer and they can only go to under 60s. Otherwise we will have the 60 plus done but no one to give AZ to.

It’s tough one
    You don't go from 60s to 50s. You go from 60s to the highly vulnerable 18+, as per the rollout.

Oh for God's sake.

60+ takes priority and starts earlier, obviously. We have significant AZ supply to cover them. I'm simply thinking about possible options the HSE could consider to streamline the rollout in light of tonight's developments.

I have no idea what they'll do, it's their call and they have access to information that a bunch of randomers on the internet don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

You don't go from 60s to 50s. You go from 60s to the highly vulnerable 18+, as per the rollout.

True but they can’t get AZ either so you give the AZ to 60-69 and then do the next cohort but I don’t think that is very big right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

How many are in the vulnerable groups before we hit the 50+? (I'm not in the 50+ group myself, but it's a good indication we're getting to mass, all adult, rollout)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,099 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Multipass wrote: »
    I agree that they basically have no risk from covid, this whole crisis is bollocks. But if vaccines are the only way we can get freedom, give me freedom asap, not hold firm for 10 more weeks while we wait for Pfizer.

Get dose of AZ , wait 12 to16 weeks for 2nd dose ,
    Or
    Wait 10weeks (where did you get this from?) for mRNA vaccine and 2nd dose 4weeks later ,
    = difference of 2weeks before fully vaccinated going byyour own metric .

It's not a big issue really, for safety .

The highly vulnerable 18+ will likely be getting their Pfizer vaccines alongside the 60s then. The rollout has to be adapted somewhat after tonight. It doesn't mean the whole thing is a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

The highly vulnerable 18+ will likely be getting their Pfizer vaccines alongside the 60s then. The rollout has to be adapted somewhat after tonight. It doesn't mean the whole thing is a disaster.

60 to 69 cohort have most grounds for grievance I think. Ultimately, for a number of reasons, I think most of us would prefer the Pfizer vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Many European countries have restricted AZ by age, so are seeing the exact same scenario as is playing out here.

60 to 69 cohort have most grounds for grievance I think. Ultimately, for a number of reasons, I think most of us would prefer the Pfizer vaccine

Completely get that, and I think choosing 60 as the cut off was very cautious. However the clotting risk from AZ is miniscule after 60 (it's five times higher at 30) and the side effects in general seem to be less severe than in younger people.

NPHET: "Vaccines are our way out of this"

Vaccines: *reduce deaths and hospitalisations hugely*

NPHET: "NO, NOT THAT VACCINE!"

That is what has been said will happen only last week and makes more sense now that the vaccines will be different.
    Group 7 are meant to be starting vaccination May 3 and running concurrently with 60 to 65 year olds with no underlying conditions .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A bit of humour after this sh1t show today.

162307164_5243138019061685_1431592022820927934_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=mczAbzdEEUoAX9QEtYL&_nc_oc=AQmmfckF3RfZ7DVzW6e1l48--NdP3VtX6Tdww96ZlkVuawotvoNtnyTEsfda1Hhl2ONrTFtBX-V-2TiBgchutRs3&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=f4e553d34b3969f47a2a881b76d0607b&oe=609A01CE

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

A bit of humour after this sh1t show today.

162307164_5243138019061685_1431592022820927934_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=mczAbzdEEUoAX9QEtYL&_nc_oc=AQmmfckF3RfZ7DVzW6e1l48--NdP3VtX6Tdww96ZlkVuawotvoNtnyTEsfda1Hhl2ONrTFtBX-V-2TiBgchutRs3&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=f4e553d34b3969f47a2a881b76d0607b&oe=609A01CE

Where's Irish Stones when you need him :pac:

• Advertisement

Translate please! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement