Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just for anyone who considers themself as group 7, my doctor rang me about it today and I’m not being covered cos I haven’t been hospitalised in the past year so its worth getting into contact to double check

I presume that applies to asthma ? Then i doubt it applies Type 1 diabetics Etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

Lumen wrote: »
    NHS number is not enough. AFAIK it is not possible to book a vaccination in NI without being registered with a NI GP practice.

I also have an NHS number but I've been out of the country so long they deregistered me from the practice and archived my files.

I am registered with a NI GP practice too, I emailed them yesterday looking for my NHS number and they replied fine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I presume that applies to asthma ? Then i doubt it applies Type 1 diabetics Etc ?

Anything respiratory he told me, have to be on specific type of meds and/or been in hospital/icu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Has anyone got an mRNA vaccine as a second dose after 12 weeks following Astrazeneca (as the first dose)?

I'm a HCW and got the Astrazeneca in February; I'm due the second dose the first week of May, but as it's use is suspended... I'm assuming the second dose be an mRNA vaccine...?

• Advertisement

Has anyone got an mRNA vaccine as a second dose after 12 weeks following Astrazeneca (as the first dose)?

I'm a HCW and got the Astrazeneca in February; I'm due the second dose the first week of May, but as it's use is suspended... I'm assuming the second dose be an mRNA vaccine...?
    anyone who got first dose AZ will also get their second as scheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

you'll get your 2nd dose

83% of the eligible 65-69 group have now registered online or by phone

83% of the eligible 65-69 group have now registered online or by phone

Fantastic uptake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Just for anyone who considers themself as group 7, my doctor rang me about it today and I’m not being covered cos I haven’t been hospitalised in the past year so its worth getting into contact to double check

It depends what medication you are on I think. I have t been hospitalised since 2018 but I’m on immune suppressant medication

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anything respiratory he told me, have to be on specific type of meds and/or been in hospital/icu

Sounds more like group 4 to be honest.
    I would have thought if you needed to be hospitalised for asthma you go in group four, but were on long term preventative inhalers (Becotide etc) that puts you in group 7 no ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Why is your OH's doctor advising her against a vaccine that has no link to DVT, when she has been diagnosed with DVT?

Something doesn't add up here.

He finds it suspicious that OH never had any issues and now developed DVT post vaccine. Maybe he is being over cautious and thinking of her welfare, I don't know, I know and fully understand that the data says no link between DVT and AZ vaccine, but can we really be 100% sure of this.

Anyway OH is good today, swelling gone down this morning, and she has been resting it for majority of day

Supercell wrote: »
    Sounds more like group 4 to be honest.
    I would have thought if you needed to be hospitalised for asthma you go in group four, but were on long term preventative inhalers (Becotide etc) that puts you in group 7 no ?

I thought so too but GPs have been told thats not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Anyone know how long the standard wait time is for someone who has registered on the portal?

I see a lot of people saying they reg'd and were vaccinated a few days later. My mother (68 with emphysema) registered on Thursday but has had no message since. Is that normal?

She reckons she was told it would take 3-7 days to hear back? Or was it that her appointment would give her 3-7 days notice?

I think it depends on your local vaccination Centre. The big ones in Dublin and Cork seemed to start giving out appointments and vaccinating quite quickly.
    My local smaller Centre was yesterday texting appointments to people born in 1952 and early 1953 from what I can gather, with these appointments being for this coming Thursday/Friday.
    If you’re concerned perhaps phone the HSE vaccine number. Hope she gets sorted soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

Anyone know how long the standard wait time is for someone who has registered on the portal?

I see a lot of people saying they reg'd and were vaccinated a few days later. My mother (68 with emphysema) registered on Thursday but has had no message since. Is that normal?

She reckons she was told it would take 3-7 days to hear back? Or was it that her appointment would give her 3-7 days notice?

Both parents registered Saturday. 69 and 67.

The 67 year old got a text for an appointment Friday, as did several neighbours. Contacted HSE about the 69 year old and they put a note on the system that he's still waiting. Apparently it's random when you get an appointment, so I fail to see why they bothered restricting the registration by single years last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

finneys13 wrote: »
    I am registered with a NI GP practice too, I emailed them yesterday looking for my NHS number and they replied fine

If you qualify then go get protected with any vaccine there now, and accept you'll probably need to do a 2nd trip for the 2nd dose. We'll get the rest of ROI done one dose quicker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

lausp wrote: »
    ... so I fail to see why they bothered restricting the registration by single years last week.

probably just load balancing so the portal didn't crash on day 1.

Updated delvieries up to Friday.

Puts to bed the claims that we've 400k+ doses sitting in storage. They're going out as they come in

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1384924747528540161?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Puts to bed the claims that we've 400k+ doses sitting in storage. They're going out as they come in
    Problem seems to be at the EU level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1384924747528540161?s=19

You’d have to wonder why we’ve fallen so far back from the top of the charts for doses administered to the bottom 5/6 around the EU if were all getting the same amounts from the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

You’d have to wonder why we’ve fallen so far back from the top of the charts for doses administered to the bottom 5/6 around the EU if were all getting the same amounts from the EU.

The differences across the EU countries are very small. We are two days behind on reporting whereas some countries report on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Problem seems to be at the EU level.

It's not even a 'problem' as such : we are receiving the doses as fast as they can manufacture them (it's not like there are tens of millions of doses lying in some refrigerated warehouse somewhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Just thought others might like to know how we got on with visit to Aviva today. Other half had 9 30 am appointment and was out the door done and dusted by 10 am. I had 2 50pm appointment and joined a Q outside at 2 40pm. A long Q snaking around and took about an hour to get indoors.

It was a bit of a wind tunnel so unpleasant NE wind despite sunshine. So another hour of several Q's indoors. I must admit to having left at end without full 15 minute wait as was worried about car on meter over time. There was onstreet parking even one right outside Aviva but one I used was limited to 60 minutes. Quite a lot of construction traffic on Shelbourne Road so busy enough tho there were spaces about.

Big mistake to have dressed lightly as got very cold. I could have brought a folding stool, a book or headphones and a drink. There are water dispensers inside building but took a bit to work out how they worked (footpedal activates waterflow). The entry point and start of the Q is on the eastern side of the building so not into those doors that front onto Landsdowne Road. Plenty of bike parking spots near to Q area. At no time did anyone check who was in the Q as to the time of their appointment. But in the end the flow thru was limited by the time the vaccinators took to do the jabs. Sometimes we moved smoothly along and other times we seemed to stall.

A great view of the main rugby pitch!

Anecdote so take it with a pinch of salt obviously. Brother knows a doctor in germany who's fairly high up in one of the southern regions. The word in Germany is that they'll have enough doses for most of the population by end of May.

Anecdote so take it with a pinch of salt obviously. Brother knows a doctor in germany who's fairly high up in one of the southern regions. The word in Germany is that they'll have enough doses for most of the population by end of May.

J & J and Curevac a factor perhaps?

Strazdas wrote: »
    J & J and Curevac a factor perhaps?
    No idea. Germans think it'll be available all over the place come end of May. Brother got told to ring next week because they're expecting a big delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Didn’t they buy Sputnik?

No idea. Germans think it'll be available all over the place come end of May. Brother got told to ring next week because they're expecting a big delivery.

Could be a bit of everything (four or five different vaccines) - it sounds like good news anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

That would be amazing if true, I heard there was possibility curevac was being approved quickly, I presume they have been manufacturing all this time and stock piling it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement