Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minnesota officer shoots dead another innocent black victim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I don’t know what amuses me more: the blatantly obvious intent to open a thread to polarise or that everyone is falling for it. Thank you, OP

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

How was it possible they conducted and concluded a court case before the ACCIDENTAL shooting of a HUMAN to determine his innocence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

https://www.fox9.com/video/920926

I hate when someone is killed and I've to decide what local store to destroy.

US Man 1: It's happened again
    US Man 2: What has?
    US Man1: They've shot another unarmed black man.
    US Man 2: Awwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
    US Man 1: Lets go.
    US Man 2: Which store has the biggest flat screen TV's? It really is an outrage that the police keep shooting black people.
    US Man 1: Thats what happens when we are given labels like thugs and criminals, I hear Radio Shack got a new delivery of LED OLEDs. Lets hit there first.
    US Man 2: Sounds good, I hear it's Asian owned too, so doubly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It was the second story on both Channel 4 and the BBC last night. Why do these networks carry the story at all? Nosy sods.

Cos for some bizarre reason they are equally obsessed with America. Has no relevance it me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fandymo wrote: »
    https://www.fox9.com/video/920926

I hate when someone is killed and I've to decide what local store to destroy.

US Man 1: It's happened again
    US Man 2: What has?
    US Man1: They've shot another unarmed black man.
    US Man 2: Awwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
    US Man 1: Lets go.
    US Man 2: Which store has the biggest flat screen TV's? It really is an outrage that the police keep shooting black people.
    US Man 1: Thats what happens when we are given labels like thugs and criminals, I hear Radio Shack got a new delivery of LED OLEDs. Lets hit there first.
    US Man 2: Sounds good, I hear it's Asian owned too, so doubly good.

Crazy how this is normalised now in America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Cos for some bizarre reason they are equally obsessed with America. Has no relevance it me at all.

If the fella was white it wouldn't even be on the news . Thousands of people are violently killed on the planet everyday but when a black criminal accidentally gets shot in America by the police it's somehow headline news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Seems to me people very quick to pre judge what's happened here, I've watched the video and it's clearly obvious the officer immediately realised her mistake and was clearly in shock. Furthermore the fact the victim was at the stage of handcuffing suggests his innocence not entirely clear, he also absconded crashing into another vehicle. Its notable the officer is also Black.

Whilst regrettable there's an element in BLM very very quick to react and stir trouble, maybe I'm being harsh but why is it I sense Dollar signs when I see grieving siblings and well attired lawyers popping up out of nowhere for press conferences , the mother looks like the sort who'd not get a second glance from these vultures in normal circumstances.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yep..

Extremely dangerous people they are dealing with...

I wonder the outcome here for the officers?’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Huge f**k up by the officer...whether it stretches to a charge or not I don't know.

Criminally negligent homicide is one that comes to mind but I don't know what the laws and charges are in wherever that happened.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

any information as to why he choose to resist and try to run , the dude was in no danger till he started fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

The facts are she killed him by mistake. She made the mistake. It cost the young man his life. She should own up and own the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Lmkrnr wrote: »
    The facts are she killed him by mistake. She made the mistake. It cost the young man his life. She should own up and own the situation.

AFAIK from what I’ve read. She did and is.

any information as to why he choose to resist and try to run , the dude was in no danger till he started fighting

He had warrants out for his arrest and could have had something in the car aswell . Going by pictures I've seen of him flashing money around he was probably a drug dealer . Another angel like St George

Another " innocent " black man

Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) Tweeted:
    Update: #DaunteWright was in the process of getting arrested by @BPPD for a weapons charge & escaping police before he was killed yesterday, sparking #BLM race rioting & looting. The criminal complaint says he had an illegal Ruger .45 pistol. He skipped his court date this month. https://t.co/dI4zScGLo5 https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1381620652604596226?s=20

He had warrants out for his arrest and could have had something in the car aswell . Going by pictures I've seen of him flashing money around he was probably a drug dealer . Another angel like St George

Maybe, maybe not. Assumptions like that just fuel the fire

Jequ0n wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. Assumptions like that just fuel the fire

It's not an assumption , check my post above yours

Pardon me if I consider random online claims like on Twitter etc as not reliable sources.
    That’s not a dig at you personally, I am just too cynical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Why resist arrest when he was about to be cuffed. He would still be alive if he hadn’t fought his way free. Bad decision.

Would he. Have you forgotten about George Floyd. He could have ended up the same way during a slow horrifying death and maybe that is what he was thinking of and thought fu-ck this I am out of here not going to die like that and then she shot him. At least his death was quick. Not saying it was right as it was not but it was at least a quick probably painless death.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sad fact is he put himself in this position. Illegal weapon, resisting arrest etc etc.

It'll be used as an excuse to burn and loot.

His community is safer now he is gone but they are at risk from those who will use it for their own ends.

If only he had co-operated. No need to fire even a tazer. So no need to pull the trigger on what may or may not have been a tazer.
    If that was me, id be yep, hands up, cuff me, i wont resist.

On Boards at least anyway, it always seems there's more people eager to get involved and say that the cops are right, 'it's easy, just comply and you'll be fine' etc than there are saying the policing system is inadequate.

And at least in recent discussions, the dominant voices saying policing needs to change were from people living in the states.

Police need to be better trained in America, no doubt there obviously has been a very committed effort over years given how few innocent people are shot or killed by police, considering how violent and armed much of America is.

It's pretending that the police are hunting black people that is Insane and incendiary.

Was it 9 innocent black men killed last year, much less than other demographics but still too many.

This dead man wasn't neighbour of the year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

Doesn’t want to go to jail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

Lmkrnr wrote: »

What responsibility do you attribute to the dead man in this incident?

Why resist arrest when he was about to be cuffed. He would still be alive if he hadn’t fought his way free. Bad decision.

He was facing jail time.

He should have faced up to his crimes like a man. He'd still be alive.

The people who got beaten up by mostly peaceful protectors in Blanch would say there are real consequences. As well as the ones who were under siege in the petrol station.

If they had lived in Ranelagh like the activists then they wouldn't have been beaten up, 2 sides in this.

Ckendrick wrote: »
    What responsibility do you attribute to the dead man in this incident?

I am wanted for possession of a weapon and have been stopped by the police.
    There are guns around and drawn.
    Do I

a) put my hands up and let them cuff me without resisting.
    b) resist and try to get back in the car where they might think i may or not have a gun myself.

answering with a) brings the situation to a close and off i go to sort it out down the station.

answering b) brings is a whole other level of risk on my part.

Doesnt take too many brain cells to decide what is the better option here.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Another " innocent " black man

Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) Tweeted:
    Update: #DaunteWright was in the process of getting arrested by @BPPD for a weapons charge & escaping police before he was killed yesterday, sparking #BLM race rioting & looting. The criminal complaint says he had an illegal Ruger .45 pistol. He skipped his court date this month. https://t.co/dI4zScGLo5 https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1381620652604596226?s=20

Remember Gene Hackman in Unforgiven..

"Innocent of what?";)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nozebleed wrote: »
    wouldnt have happened if he just stood there explaining himself. would it?

I lolled :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement