Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Yet) Another School Shooting - USA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Cue thoughts and prayers before moving on to the next one. Sadly, this is what America has become regarding these.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭briany

This is obviously a terrible thing for the families of the victims and I can only imagine what they're going through right now, so I'm not trying to denigrate that with what I'm about to say which is that school shootings in the USA are about as shocking to me nowadays as suicide bombings were in Iraq in the mid 2000s. Just a tragic fact of life over there. I'd like to see it become less and less of a thing, but the way their politics and culture is, I think it will be a phenomenon for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Cue thoughts and prayers before moving on to the next one. Sadly, this is what America has become regarding these.

Great business for the candle makers of América.

Really shocking stuff. 10 lives gone. Countless PTSD for the students and famílies of those affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I can only imagine the constant worry of sending your child off to school in the US and not being fully sure they'll come home.
    America is in some sad state.
    I am sure their forefathers when they introduced the 2nd amendment had in mind self protection - not a country where a 15 year old can run around a school with an assault rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

What a shìt hole, I wouldn't like to raise a dog over there never mind a child, any country at peace that has to teach young children how to act in case of a shooting is nearly all the way lost imo, kevlar school uniforms for all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Shorts and flares etc icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Great business for the candle makers of América.

Really shocking stuff. 10 lives gone. Countless PTSD for the students and famílies of those affected.

Where are you seeing 10 people killed?

From reading, it seems like this was a targeted shooting. The 5th one iirc for this school in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

big brain: govt cant kill the people if they've already killed themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

The 5th one iirc for this school in recent times.

WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

theyre free from tyranny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

McGaggs wrote: »
    WTF?

Probably gang related

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

briany wrote: »
    This is obviously a terrible thing for the families of the victims and I can only imagine what they're going through right now, so I'm not trying to denigrate that with what I'm about to say which is that school shootings in the USA are about as shocking to me nowadays as suicide bombings were in Iraq in the mid 2000s. Just a tragic fact of life over there. I'd like to see it become less and less of a thing, but the way their politics and culture is, I think it will be a phenomenon for the foreseeable.

Until there are restrictions on firearms this continues. The 2nd amendment is for the fûcking birds... so are the people who defend it....

If the president or state goes haywire.... he still has the backup of about two million military personnel with rocket launchers, tanks, and armaments of major destructive ability...

If a government is ever overthrown by civilians, the country would collapse in weeks.

Advertisement