Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cav is Back

Options
  • 12-04-2021 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

No mention here of today but this could potentially turn into a huge story as the year goes on

Tiger Wood comes to.mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,391 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

in the general race thread. great win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

TBH I am more impressed with Fabio Jackobsen not only being back on the bike but competeing at a very high level considering what he went through!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

in the general race thread. great win though.

Sure is ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058163389&page=47

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I wouldnt call it back at all, literally beating second rate sprinters.
    If and when he beats the top sprinters then you can say he is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭happytramp

Dcully wrote: »
    I wouldnt call it back at all, literally beating second rate sprinters.
    If and when he beats the top sprinters then you can say he is back.

Well he's beaten philipsen twice now and he mugged sam last week at scheldeprijs.... So there's that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,171 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

happytramp wrote: »
    Well he's beaten philipsen twice now and he mugged sam last week at scheldeprijs.... So there's that.

Did he not finish behind Sam?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: FFS, spoilers, in the general race thread from here on out for on the day spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is his cocky persona back as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

410 seemed to think the Tour of Turkey was an alright standard when Sam was winning all around him there?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

The Manx Missile and the Gorilla contesting bunch sprints - I had to look down at my legs to see if i was wearing bootcut jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

fryup wrote: »
    is his cocky persona back as well?
    It appears not to be.
    Macy0161 wrote: »
    410 seemed to think the Tour of Turkey was an alright standard when Sam was winning all around him there?
    Nothing wrong with the Tour of Turkey, it just isn't a grand tour. To take 2 wins in this and think somehow that a rider is back to a form that would mean he would replace, effectively, the worlds no. 1 sprinter at the minute is a stretch. There were pro conti riders who were at the front on the first day, some of whom we rode against in our online club league last year. They are beasts to you or I but only time will tell if they are riders we should have looked at and said, this was the most competitive tour of turkey in years.

Tim76 wrote: »
    I had to look down at my legs to see if i was wearing bootcut jeans.
    I heard on the radio they're coming back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I heard on the radio they're coming back!

Never left

CramCycle wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the Tour of Turkey, it just isn't a grand tour. To take 2 wins in this and think somehow that a rider is back to a form that would mean he would replace, effectively, the worlds no. 1 sprinter at the minute is a stretch.
    No, as ever, the truth is in the middle. They're decent results, but he'll never be back to the form of 10 years ago. They shouldn't be overblown, but shouldn't be dismissed.

To be fair to him, he wasn't even contesting the last few years. This year, he's steadily progressed to this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

And that's the key point here. He's on an upward curve after his illness and we don't know how much he will improve in the coming weeks and months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

If his form is anyway right, his brain will get him into the position to win more races. Remember some of the lines he picked, he'd thread the eye of a needle at 70kmh. We were drooling over Caleb Ewan dong it not too long ago but Cav would be at it every other week. I don't mind his cockiness, he backed it up in spades.

Watched it this morning. 2 things stood out - his composure in the finish, picking wheels rather than follow the DQS guys. And then at the end clearly discussing with Hodeg what happened/ what went wrong. Both can only help Sam if he can tap into that knowledge/ benefit from the lead out getting that knowledge.

Nice that Archibold has found a new bestie too :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Last time. Stop posting spoilers and head to the general race thread if that's what you want to do.

Advertisement