Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multiple account holders on credit card

Options
  • 13-04-2021 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi

I have a credit card which I share with my wife. I am the account holder and she is listed as an additional card holder. With the recent changes she is no longer able to view or manage the details of the card on banking 365. Is there a way I can add her as an account holder or any other way in which we can have a credit card that we can both access fully.

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

cracker wrote: »
    Hi

I have a credit card which I share with my wife. I am the account holder and she is listed as an additional card holder. With the recent changes she is no longer able to view or manage the details of the card on banking 365. Is there a way I can add her as an account holder or any other way in which we can have a credit card that we can both access fully.

Thanks

Dave
    Good morning Dave,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We are currently in the process of migrating our credit card only customers onto our 365 Online banking platform. We will send you a text message with information and instructions on how to register your credit card. This text message will be sent to primary card holders first.

In the coming weeks, we will contact the additional card holders(via text). This text message will also include instructions on how they can register for online banking.

We would ask to ensure that your mobile number is up to date on our systems by contacting out credit card team on 1890251251. One of my colleagues can certainly double check this for you.

I hope this information helps!

Have a lovely day and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

Hi Megan

Thanks for the reply. Both myself and my wife are already registered with 365 Online and can view this card and all our other accounts and do everything we need to. However we got a notification to say that from the 19th April additional card holders on a credit card account will no longer be able to view card details through 365 Online so we assume from this that my wife will no longer be able to access or manage the card after the 19th. Is this correct or did we mis-understand? If my wife's access is not going to change after the 19th that is fine.

I did try to get through a few times over the last few days on the number you provided above but I haven't been able to. I have been on hold for over 20 mins each time and have had to hang up. But both our mobile numbers are up to date and we both have the new 365 App installed on our phones for the 2 factor authentication. 

Thanks

Dave

Hi Megan

Thanks for the reply. Both myself and my wife are already registered with 365 Online and can view this card and all our other accounts and do everything we need to. However we got a notification to say that from the 19th April additional card holders on a credit card account will no longer be able to view card details through 365 Online so we assume from this that my wife will no longer be able to access or manage the card after the 19th. Is this correct or did we mis-understand? If my wife's access is not going to change after the 19th that is fine.

I did try to get through a few times over the last few days on the number you provided above but I haven't been able to. I have been on hold for over 20 mins each time and have had to hang up. But both our mobile numbers are up to date and we both have the new 365 App installed on our phones for the 2 factor authentication. 

Thanks

Dave
    Thanks for getting back to me Dave.

If your wife has her own personal account and separate user ID log in, she will have access to the credit card here to view the balance/ transactions and in the coming months she will need to approve transactions on the credit card through the app. She will also have the facility to set the credit card up as a payee to make payments. 

Can I ask if you both have your own separate user IDs when you're logging into your account?

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

Hi Megan

Thanks

Dave

If your wife has her own personal account and separate user ID log in, she will have access to the credit card here to view the balance/ transactions and in the coming months she will need to approve transactions on the credit card through the app. She will also have the facility to set the credit card up as a payee to make payments. 

Can I ask if you both have your own separate user IDs when you're logging into your account?

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Hi Megan

We have separate user IDs and at the moment we can both fully manage the card if we log in using our own ID's. But back in January I received the communication below. It is this part from the email below that I am querying 

"from early 2021, additional cardholders will not be able to see the transactions and balances for your credit card account on their own 365 profile"

My wife is an "additional cardholder" and according to this will not be able to see the card when she logs in using her own ID. Is there way for us to arrange a single card that we can both fully access and manage

Dear David,

We wrote to you in August 2020 about some upcoming changes to the way that Bank of Ireland (BOI) customers use their credit and/or debit cards to shop online. These changes are due to a new layer of security that we’re adding called Strong Customer Authentication,
 or SCA.

What this means for you

SCA will be needed for online purchases that you make with your debit and/or credit card later in 2021. Once SCA is introduced, you and any other cardholders on your credit card account will need to use the BOI app to approve some online purchases. There will be no other change for you as the primary cardholder. For more information on SCA, please see www.bankofireland.com/psd2. We will be in contact with you and the additional cardholder with further information about SCA and how it works before SCA is launched.

How additional cardholder(s) on your account will be affected

As a result of the changes described above, from early 2021, additional cardholders will not be able to see the transactions and balances for your credit card account on their own 365 profile. You should let them know about this change.

When SCA is introduced, they will still be able to use their credit card to complete online purchases using the BOI app.

If the additional cardholder is in a caring or assisting role for you, there are alternatives that we will be happy to discuss with you.

Hi Megan

Thanks

Dave

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Hi Megan

We have separate user IDs and at the moment we can both fully manage the card if we log in using our own ID's. But back in January I received the communication below. It is this part from the email below that I am querying 

"from early 2021, additional cardholders will not be able to see the transactions and balances for your credit card account on their own 365 profile"

My wife is an "additional cardholder" and according to this will not be able to see the card when she logs in using her own ID. Is there way for us to arrange a single card that we can both fully access and manage

Dear David,

We wrote to you in August 2020 about some upcoming changes to the way that Bank of Ireland (BOI) customers use their credit and/or debit cards to shop online. These changes are due to a new layer of security that we’re adding called Strong Customer Authentication,
 or SCA.

What this means for you

SCA will be needed for online purchases that you make with your debit and/or credit card later in 2021. Once SCA is introduced, you and any other cardholders on your credit card account will need to use the BOI app to approve some online purchases. There will be no other change for you as the primary cardholder. For more information on SCA, please see www.bankofireland.com/psd2. We will be in contact with you and the additional cardholder with further information about SCA and how it works before SCA is launched.

How additional cardholder(s) on your account will be affected

As a result of the changes described above, from early 2021, additional cardholders will not be able to see the transactions and balances for your credit card account on their own 365 profile. You should let them know about this change.

When SCA is introduced, they will still be able to use their credit card to complete online purchases using the BOI app.

If the additional cardholder is in a caring or assisting role for you, there are alternatives that we will be happy to discuss with you.
    Good morning Dave,

Thanks for getting back to us here.

I have linked in with the team about this and they have confirmed that additional card holders will only have access to the credit card on 365 Online for the purpose of approving transactions (if the company requires additional authorisation). 

This means that they will no longer have the facility to view balance/transactions on the app I'm afraid. 

Have a nice day and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Advertisement
Advertisement