Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation required 3 nights a week in Dublin long-term

Options
  • 13-04-2021 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm just wondering can anyone advise where to start with this...

Lockdown resulted in our family leaving Dublin to be closer to elderly family members. It's working out really well for the whole family and work have offered my husband a flexible option in returning later this year. However he will need accomodation three nights a week in Dublin. He works long days so it is literally a place to sleep is all he requires. And if it had car parking a bonus.

We can't afford to buy a flat, nor would it make sense as he would only be there 3 nights a week max. Where do we begin looking for accomodation? What are the chances there is someone out there who would be interested in renting a room on a part time basis? Or do we look to hotels or B&B's? I suspect that will be expensive though....Has anyone else done this? Any ideas? Where would we start to even advertise what we need? At the start of this process.

Thanks...

Comments

Maybe try www.digs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Go on sharing section on daft.ie and contact everyone letting out rooms. Owner occupied would be interested in a 3 day arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sunnyt1234

I used to rent out my spare room four nights a week to someone like that. Paid cash 25 a night. It worked out well for both of us! If they weren't there due to holidays or whatever I didn't charge. We had a fluid arrangement and worked for both of us. Maybe put an ad on Daft outlining that? I think most will charge more than 25 but many people don't mind having someone there midweek but like to be able to use the room for guests the weekend. I supplied linen and changed it every two weeks/when they asked. I put a TV in the room with a chromecast and good internet and they treated it like a hotel and left nothing there when they weren't there and just gave them a shelf in the fridge and a press for their food. I don't do it anymore but there are definitely people that rent out like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I know a girl had a fella from the north stay 4 nights and it really suited her as she had her house at the weekend. That setup will really suit some people but as you know it’s finding them. He should ask around in work someone might have parents or sibling that could do with a few extra quid without the hassle of a full time house share.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Gumtree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Swankiest

PM me - my mother rents a room and it is currently vacant. On the luas track and right beside the Pheonix Park. Quiet cul de sac and parking available.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Leozord

hey I got a room here in my apartment. There's an underground garage and it is a gate-closed complex in Drumcondra, within easy access to M50 (5 minutes-ish - no joke)

PM me if you want to get pics etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Getdigs.Ie is the one for part time let’s 3/4/5 day week rentals.

If you give location preference and budget I might be able to advise better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Balooba wrote: »
    I'm just wondering can anyone advise where to start with this...

Lockdown resulted in our family leaving Dublin to be closer to elderly family members. It's working out really well for the whole family and work have offered my husband a flexible option in returning later this year. However he will need accomodation three nights a week in Dublin. He works long days so it is literally a place to sleep is all he requires. And if it had car parking a bonus.

We can't afford to buy a flat, nor would it make sense as he would only be there 3 nights a week max. Where do we begin looking for accomodation? What are the chances there is someone out there who would be interested in renting a room on a part time basis? Or do we look to hotels or B&B's? I suspect that will be expensive though....Has anyone else done this? Any ideas? Where would we start to even advertise what we need? At the start of this process.

Thanks...

I know of a room with shower-room, no cooking facilities, which would be available in Rathmines at €100 a week.

Advertisement