Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Help] Random BSOD on Ryzen 9/RTX 3070 build.

Options
  • 13-04-2021 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

So after a long time using my old gaming rig, I decided to upgrade. I built a new rig from scratch. The issue i'm having is a memory management BSOD, also the Kernal one has popped up. This is at random times, under seemingly no load, or at high load. I've run diagnostics on the SSD and RAM, both returned no errors. I've tried updating all drivers, for all devices, and rolling back the GPU drivers. I've updated the BIOS to the latest version from ASUS. Using their windows installer tools.

I will check all cables tonight, and try reseat the GPU, but i'm reluctant to reseat the RAM as I will have to remove the CPU Cooler to get them out, so that will be last thing I try.

Does anyone have experience of these issues? Anyone have some suggestions?

Running windows 10

Internals
    • CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
    • GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
    • MOBO: Asus TUF B550-Plus
    • RAM: Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) 3600mhz
    • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G5 Full Modular
    • SSD: Corsair 1TB MP600 Core m.2 NVMe
    • CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! BK022
    • Case: Asus TUF Gaming GT501 E-ATX

Peripherals
    • Headset: Razer BlackShark v2 Black Gaming Headset
    • Mouse: Logitech MX518
    • Keyboard: Logitech G213
    • Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Try turning off fast boot in the bios if your running windows from an ssd..this usually fixes memory management bsod's if one of your memory sticks isnt dying
    and we shall work from there..memory management bsod dont neccesarily mean Ram in could be a ssd problem also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Try turning off fast boot in the bios if your running windows from an ssd..this usually fixes memory management bsod's if one of your memory sticks isnt dying
    and we shall work from there..memory management bsod dont neccesarily mean Ram in could be a ssd problem also.

I'll give that a go and report back. I disabled fastboot in windows already, but not in the Bios.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

I'd a similar issue with a Ryzen 7 3700X, Asus B450M board and DDR4 3600 ram, I had the issue with 2 different sets of ram. In the end I found that turning of the XMP profile on my mother board seems to have stop the issue. The ram I'm using now (Crucial Ballistix RGB) seem to run at the advertised speed without it enable and no random shutdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Testing with 1 RAM bank filled at a time should the one of the first port of calls, as it would be the main suspect for BSODs; After that, try with a different SSD / disk drive.

It's a long shot, but check all the connections on the PSU side of the cables, seeing as it's a fully modular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

GHOST MGG wrote: »

That's done now, I also changed the Page File from auto to a preset value, because I got a "page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD.

I'll see how the machine gets on tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Xios wrote: »
    That's done now, I also changed the Page File from auto to a preset value, because I got a "page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD.

Turn off paging, you've plenty of RAM and are just burning NAND cycles for nothing.

Advertisement