Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDs and Senators spend €674k on special allowances

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

mgn wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/revealedfamily-members-amongtds-and-senators674k-spend-on-special-allowance-40301794.html

Great to see our TDs getting trained on how to avoid questions, no surprise as to who is getting the training, the same few are on everything.

The stand out one for me is Ann Rabbitte paying out over €6,000 to Stefanie Preissner to help her become a better communicator, to me that's a really sad state of affairs when the taxpayer is footing the bill.

Why don't the have to pay for this themselves, its not like the are badly paid and cant afford it.

Who just happens to be her special advisor's fiancee, allegedley

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

mgn wrote: »
    The stand out one for me is Ann Rabbitte paying out over €6,000 to Stefanie Preissner to help her become a better communicator.

Does Ann refer to herself as a womxn? If not, then I don't think Stef is doing her job right.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Power and having someone else's money corrupts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Monkey arris

Fine Gael’s Damien English billed €16,750 through the scheme, including €1,800 paid to Consilium Communication and €2,950 to the well-known PR firm, The Communications Clinic.

Terry Prone and the other is a foreign based company. Isn't there some big story about foreign based people looking after this kind of thing for political parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Stefanie Preisner is always on tv taking the moral high ground and here she is taking 6k for sweet **** all.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Stefanie Preisner is always on tv taking the moral high ground and here she is taking 6k for sweet **** all.

What kind of moral high ground?
    I'm sure she feels entitled to be paid for her advice in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Politicians giving jobs paid by the tax payer to their own family has always struck me as dodgy

It's always been the way though, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Effects wrote: »
    Does Ann refer to herself as a womxn? If not, then I don't think Stef is doing her job right.

After seeing Rabbitte on the Tonight show recently, its going to take a lot more that 6k to bring her up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Politicians giving jobs paid by the tax payer to their own family has always struck me as dodgy

Politicians do what the like, the make the laws and rules to suit themselves,

• Advertisement
Advertisement