Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I receive a payment in USD in my BOI account?

Options
  • 13-04-2021 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

A payment has been made in USD to my BOI account and it hasn't shown up in days. The company that made the payment to check if BOI accepts USD and maybe that's the reason I haven't received it. Can I receive payments in USD? If yes, what could be the reason for the delay? The payment was made 2 weeks ago and the company can see that the transfer has been cleared from their end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

khriskhris wrote: »
    A payment has been made in USD to my BOI account and it hasn't shown up in days. The company that made the payment to check if BOI accepts USD and maybe that's the reason I haven't received it. Can I receive payments in USD? If yes, what could be the reason for the delay? The payment was made 2 weeks ago and the company can see that the transfer has been cleared from their end.

I'd love to know the answer to this as well as I am in a similar situation to yourself. I think (and I stress think) that BOI (or the foreign exchange teams systems) must be requiring some extra info that we're not aware of for US transfers.

I provided my IBAN, BIC, Sort Code, Account Number, my account address, my branch address to my US client, and still no joy.

Rang up BOI customer service and they said I had given the correct details, but couldn't do a trace using the Wire Transfer number that my client had gotten upon doing the transfer from the US bank.

Really annoying cos I think I'll have to look at using Transferwise for transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

khriskhris wrote: »
    Hi khriskhris,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on boards.ie.

You can certainly receive USD into your Bank of Ireland current account. Transfer time frames would be determined by the sending back and can usually take anywhere between 7-10 working days if an intermediary bank is used.

You can certainly query this by logging into the app, select services and then send us a message option. Alternatively, please call us on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 from abroad. One of my colleagues can get in touch with our inward payments department to look into this further.

I hope this information helps!

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement