Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Recommendation

Options
  • 13-04-2021 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

We have slow dsl broadband (1.6 mps download speed) with Eir at the moment.
    We are looking at the best options, especially for TV and maybe even gaming, down the line if possible.

We could go with Vodafone mobile broadband with a router in the house. At the moment I can get 4g on my phone in certain areas of the house. We could install a satellite with a router and a gomo sim. We could get a Konnect satellite with digiweb. Or we could stick with dsl broadband with Eir and maybe we get fibre in the next few years.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Hard to recommend anything not knowing what really is available.

If you have 4G on your phone , you can order a mobile broadband package with proper modem/router online and try for 14 days and send back in the cooling off period.
    Vodafone is more expensive than Eir.
    Modem antenna's are far superior over phone antennas. I have patchy 4G with eir on my phone , but up to 100Mb/s download through my modem.

Disadvantage of mobile broadband is data cap. 750GB on Eir, can be enough , but if you use for streaming it may not be enough.
    Chat with neighbours and see what they have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭m99T

Any fixed wireless providers in your area?

Advertisement