Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier pickup charges?

Options
  • 13-04-2021 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭

Have seen one or two quotes on the Cycling Adverts subforum recently that door-to-door courier delivery across Ireland from the likes of DPD for small parcels can be had for as little as €10. I can't match this however from the usual suspects - is that rate via business accounts, coupons, connections etc?

Looking for a lead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Go through parcel2go.com/ie

Or parcelmotel is under a fiver from locker to locker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Totally would, for a normal item, but this is a piece of fragile electronics - not sure the parcel Motel guys really care? Rather have it put into the hands of a courier and marked fragile and then hand-delivered.

Or I might be being a bit naive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Totally would, for a normal item, but this is a piece of fragile electronics - not sure the parcel Motel guys really care? Rather have it put into the hands of a courier and marked fragile and then hand-delivered.

Or I might be being a bit naive?

You are naïve. They don't care equally

So....pack it well and they're all much of a muchness?

So....pack it well and they're all much of a muchness?

Yep.

If that is very delicate, wrap it in bubble wrap, put in box, get a bigger box, put the first box in the second and fill with filling material.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

grogi wrote: »
    You are naïve. They don't care equally
    wrong, fastway don't care in a way that other couriers can't match.

wrong, fastway don't care in a way that other couriers can't match.

ROTFL

Yep, forgot about Fastway for a moment - haven't been buying online much this year so they weren't fresh in my mind.

Whatever about getting a damaged package it's at least better than not getting it at all.

I think I'll go Parcel Motel double-bagged as grogi suggests. Shout now if anyone has any suspicions regarding this service and high value items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

If ya give an idea of point to point and you're in no rush I could possibly hand deliver it myself on a cushion of feathers. :D

Cork City to Dublin 15 to be precise, as you asked :pac:

No mad rush. I would definitely prefer a safe personal touch, so maybe there's somebody coming up from Cork in the weeks ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Cork City to Dublin 15 to be precise, as you asked :pac:

No mad rush. I would definitely prefer a safe personal touch, so maybe there's somebody coming up from Cork in the weeks ahead?

I was only down there last Fri but I'll be back down towards the end of the month if you want to hang on it'd be no bother.

Advertisement