Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine

Options
  • 13-04-2021 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All. We are looking to purchase a house in Belarmine, Dublin 18 and was wondering if any users have feedback on their experience of living here.

Houses in Belarmine Place/Wood/Grove.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I like it, quiet area with mostly housing and not a huge amount else really. Public transport is a bit limited if that’s an issue, from where you mention it’s a good 20 minute walk to the Luas and the 47 bus only runs hourly.
    There’s a few small shops within a short walk in various directions too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

It's a big development, but pretty quiet. A lot of young families, you're going to have teens being a nuisance at times but no major issues really and a Garda station just down the road. Fantastic park being developed across the road (Fernhill). There are two very active local councilors in the area which make a big difference. It's a great location if you're into the outdoors with relatively easy access to the Dublin mountains for cycling/hiking etc. Like Gael mentions be aware of the public transport options if you need them. Stepaside has a few nice restaurants, hopefully they all come out the pandemic ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

It is a suburb at the edge of South Dublin with a significant growth in new builds of apartments and houses. The Luas is reasonably convenient. The bus service suffers from the mentality that "there is no demand for extra services" whereas if they provided extra services they would get the passengers.
    Easy car access to the Dublin mountains,Enniskerry etc. The growing population will mean that demand for bars, coffee shops will be met.
    As someone mentioned there are good local councillors from all the parties who work together

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Edgware wrote: »
    It is a suburb at the edge of South Dublin with a significant growth in new builds of apartments and houses. The Luas is reasonably convenient. The bus service suffers from the mentality that "there is no demand for extra services" whereas if they provided extra services they would get the passengers.
    Easy car access to the Dublin mountains,Enniskerry etc. The growing population will mean that demand for bars, coffee shops will be met.
    As someone mentioned there are good local councillors from all the parties who work together

I’d be glad to use the bus if it operated more frequently. Actually tomorrow I need it to get to St Vincent’s hospital but I’ll be there half an hour earlier than I need to be because of it’s schedule.

Advertisement