Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant stance 29 1 - thoughts

Options
  • 14-04-2021 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭

Anyone any thoughts on this:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/stance-29-1

Riding around local trails, maybe ballinastoe/ballyhoura kinda stuff. Thoughts/alternatives welcome in around 2k budget.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭El Vino

It's likely to be a great first full suspension bike. Giants are pretty good value on the whole. Some of the componentry is entry level - fork especially. The bike I would compare it to is the Vitus Mythique 29 VRS Mountain Bike from Chain Reactions which is exactly the same price but has better components. You don't get the support of a local shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Thanks for that. none of the Vitus is in stock. Stock is still very low everywhere it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I'm in the same boat, I wouldn't mind a trail oriented hardtail or an entry level full sus bike (Stance 29, Trek Fule Ex 5, Vitus etc. etc.) but it is tricky to find them anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭El Vino

https://vitusbikes.com/pages/2021-vitus-bikes-stock-availability

Stock availability on the Vitus site - link seems to suggest they will have a delivery in mid April and late April for the Mythique.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Lennymc, did you buy the Stance in the end? I’m looking at one of these at the moment. The Vitus range look great but they are very hard to get.

I see that Giant are fitting their Crest fork for the 2022 model. Is this any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

If it was me id stay away from a full sus with very basic front and back suspension. All the cons and non of the pros of a FS. If you can manage to find a bike with Fox Float 34 or 36 to try they are sublime and make my Marzochhi Z2 feel terrible, which are already significantly better than whats on the rental bikes in Ticknock.

There are plenty of really good quality bikes on the Buy and Sell MTB groups in Ireland and UK with really top end forks. Most are very well maintained from bike lovers. You could still use up your bike to work scheme to get helmet and pads and lights etc which end up costing way more than youd expect.

Advertisement