Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection interrupted issue with new PC

Options
  • 14-04-2021 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

So I bulit my new PC recently and I'm plagued with a connection interrupted issue. It lasts a few seconds and it appears I've disconnected from the internet but my PC shows no sign of it disconnecting. I thought it may be a battlenet/activision issue as it was only happening on warzone and cold war but then i tried CS:GO and the same issue was recurring.

I also have my PS4 connected to the same ethernet switch as my pc and I never have an issue with it so I'm certain its something to do with the PC specifically. I did all the obvious stuff the internet suggested with no success.

I even bought a PCIe network apadter as I thought there was an issue with the ethernet port on my mobo. Also tried reinstalling windows and it seemed to work for a about an hour then it was back doing the same.

Web browsing and downloading games are never an issue. Connection remains solid and shows no sign of disconnecting.
    I'm with virgin fibre on the 500mb package.
    I spent a lot on this PC specifically for gaming and it cant even do that at the minute. Its driving me nuts.

PC specs are:
    Microsoft 10
    i9 10850k
    RTX 3090
    Asus tuf gaming Z490-plus
    2x8gb DDR4 3600mhz
    1gb NVME m.2 ssd

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as I cant find much else online

Advertisement