Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer ban

Options
  • 14-04-2021 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

We where chatting about the possibility of selling a Liverpool player Mane and i said because of his age, current form andnresale value i think they should sell him
    I got banned for saying Black African players tend to not age well in the Premier leauge and drop off in there 30s

I then gave a list of great black African players in the Premier leauge who all dropped down in there level by the time they hit 30

It was in no way a racist comment at all it was an observation, i specific to say Black Africans as black European and English players tend to keep continue at the same level as they hit there 30s

Im in no way racists

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'll review this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

awec wrote: »
    I'll review this for you.

Thank you

If i said white Europeans tend to age poorly in the NBA would i get a ban from the basketball forum?

Or if i said white Europeans tend to struggle to make the final of the 100 meters at the Olympics would that be seen as wrong?

If i put out an opinion and there examples to back it up im not sure whats the problem,

I understand people have a job to do and dont want any racism or hate on here but what i said is not that in any way,

I think i was unfairly banned,

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A couple of things to point out

1. You picked up a yellow here. The consequence of that in the Soccer forum was a ban under their "totting up" process which is set out in detail in the forum Charter. Hence you are appealing the yellow card. If successful the ban will be lifted

2. I note you started this thread within 25 minutes of picking up the card. Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

Beasty wrote: »
    A couple of things to point out

1. You picked up a yellow here. The consequence of that in the Soccer forum was a ban under their "totting up" process which is set out in detail in the forum Charter. Hence you are appealing the yellow card. If successful the ban will be lifted

2. I note you started this thread within 25 minutes of picking up the card. Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

1. Yes sorry that is correct

2. Yes i did but he said he had made his mind up and sent me the below .,

I disagree with him,

Firstly there are only four races Black,White,Indian & Australiod so me saying Black Africans is not talking about a race ,I used that term because there are black English and European players who seem to have kept up there form later into there 30's

Secondly he says i posted as a matter of FACT that Mane is LIKELY to have a fall off , That's a total contradiction likely means a higher chance not a matter of fact,

I said that and then gave a list of fantastic African players who all for various reason had drop off's in form when they hit there early 30's & also noted off the top of my head the i could only think of Yaya & Drogba who contained at the same level later in there 30;s ,

Also you look at the current top 6 in the Premier league for whatever reason there is very few if any black African born players over 30 in these side . City, United, Leicester, Westham ,Chelsea Liverpool , Its just an observation

As i said if i said White Europeans struggled n the NBA or in the 100 meters at the Olympics i don't think anyone would have a problem ,

I understand the way the world is today and as MOD he was worried about how people may take my opinion but its was based around previous info id to go on and what might likely happen with Mane ,i never said as a matter of fact

I understand he was just doing his job and im not having a go at the MOD i just think his call was not correct, i also think it make it look like what i said was racist which is embarrassing and 100% something i am not,

The below is what he said

"National Geographic define race as a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits. In the context of the post you made, that people of a certain colour are likely to experience certain outcomes in sport, I am satisfied the term race is appropriate to descibe your description of 'black africans'.

The fact remains, in your post you have stated, as a matter of fact, that a Mane is more likely to have a fall off in performance than other players because he is black and african.

I really don't understand why you can't see why that is not acceptable or welcome.

I see no reason to overturn the warning and ask that you would avoid such profiling based on a persons place of birth or nationality and skin colour in future. "

Hi yourdeadwright,

Your post was stereotyping someone based on the colour of their skin and their place of birth. This is not acceptable.

Yellow card upheld.

You may appeal to admin if you wish to take this further.

• Advertisement

Hi yourdeadwright,

Your post was stereotyping someone based on the colour of their skin and their place of birth. This is not acceptable.

Yellow card upheld.

"We can still get good money for Mane, he will want to start every game but his form has been utterly crap , A lot of the black Africans players don't seem to age well in football , A lot seem to peak earlier and fall off in early 30's , "

I'm sorry but this is absolute nonsense

If i said a white European was unlikely to win the 100meters at the Olympics no one would have a problem because its not stereotyping its opinion based on previous outcomes the same as what iv done here,

I gave a list of fantastic players this has happened to as an example of my thinking, Also as stated in the current top 6 in the Primer there are no African born players over the age of 30,

I use the word BLACK & all of a sudden you have problem & try to make out that its a racist comment ,

Hi yourdeadwright,

Yellow card upheld.

Below is exactly what i said copy and pasted,

Your issues is that i said a lot of black Africans don't seem to age well in football
    I then gave a list of a lot of black Africans that did not age well ,

How in gods name is that not welcome ?

"We can still get good money for Mane, he will want to start every game but his form has been utterly crap , A lot of the black Africans players don't seem to age well in football , A lot seem to peak earlier and fall off in early 30's "

"We can still get good money for Mane, he will want to start every game but his form has been utterly crap , A lot of the black Africans players don't seem to age well in football , A lot seem to peak earlier and fall off in early 30's , "

I'm sorry but this is absolute nonsense

If i said a white European was unlikely to win the 100meters at the Olympics no one would have a problem because its not stereotyping its opinion based on previous outcomes the same as what iv done here,

I gave a list of fantastic players this has happened to as an example of my thinking, Also as stated in the current top 6 in the Primer there are no African born players over the age of 30,

I use the word BLACK & all of a sudden you have problem & try to make out that its a racist comment ,

Saying white european players, white african players, whatever, they'd all be equally unacceptable.

Do you want to take this to admin? Please indicate here if you do.

Saying white european players, white african players, whatever, they'd all be equally unacceptable.

Do you want to take this to admin? Please indicate here if you do.

First I'm not having a go at you

Lets be honest we both know that not even a eyebrow would raised & we wouldn't be having this conversation if i had have said that about White Europeans in the NBA for example ,

I literally said a lot of black African players don't seem to age well ,they tend to peak young and fall off in there 30's then listed a lot of black African's players who peaked young and fell off in there 30's ,

Are you really trying to say if i said a lot of white European sprinter tend not to make the 100 meter Olympic final that would be wrong and unacceptable or would it just be a FACT ?

First I'm not having a go at you

Lets be honest we both know that not even a eyebrow would raised & we wouldn't be having this conversation if i had have said that about White Europeans in the NBA for example ,

I literally said a lot of black African players don't seem to age well ,they tend to peak young and fall off in there 30's then listed a lot of black African's players who peaked young and fell off in there 30's ,

Are you really trying to say if i said a lot of white European sprinter tend not to make the 100 meter Olympic final that would be wrong and unacceptable or would it just be a FACT ?

I know you're not having a go at me. I am saying that the next step in this process, if you disagree with the outcome, is for an admin to review my decision and see if they agree with it or not.

I'm not going to engage in hypotheticals or whataboutery.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement