Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Customs open parcels from the UK?

Options
  • 14-04-2021 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I got a frameset from Wiggle today - the courier put the box on my doorstep upside-down and it had been completely opened at the bottom and no attempt made to re-seal it. When I picked it up I discovered that it had been completely opened at the top as well. So there was nothing but friction keeping the frameset in the box.

I can't imagine it left Wiggle in that state, and I can't imagine why the courier would have opened it.

Does anyone know why it would have been opened in transit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

ARX wrote: »
    I got a frameset from Wiggle today - the courier put the box on my doorstep upside-down and it had been completely opened at the bottom and no attempt made to re-seal it. When I picked it up I discovered that it had been completely opened at the top as well. So there was nothing but friction keeping the frameset in the box.

I can't imagine it left Wiggle in that state, and I can't imagine why the courier would have opened it.

Does anyone know why it would have been opened in transit?
    Customs can and do open parcels but they should be resealed with customs tape

Advertisement