Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan again!

Options
  • 15-04-2021 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hoping not to reopen old wounds or reignite arguments. My family is moving up this way soon and the best place for space v budget is around Chieftains/Barons Hall. I've read plenty of old threads and seen all the old arguments. But what's it like now? I saw about the fights breaking out up there, and some would have you believe it's constant war, so it's difficult to separate fact from fiction. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adelex

Hello, lived in barons Hall for two years. Never had any issues. I have moved to a different area a new build in castlelands balbriggan since then. Only issue i had with barons Hall when I was there was some young people hanging around the castle mill shopping centre. Generally not doing any harm that I have witnessed. But just loitering around. Maybe 2 out of 10 times. Seems to have decreased recently though. NewTaylor hill estate is close to that area. Nice estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bertiebassett

Trying to work out if the green space between there and Moylaragh is a good thing or a magnet for antisocial activity. I've read comments saying the latter, and been told elsewhere to stay away and go pretty much anywhere else. All very confusing! Anyone else have any views one way or another?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Take a drive around in the evenings as its getting dark.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

All you can do is hang out there during the day or in the evening. Go to the local pub,supermarket,coffee shops etc.
    I loved and hated Balbriggan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 marto501

Lived in Brackenwood for 14 years, not bad made some good friends in the town. There is also good value in old balbriggan around the Lidl area. I found no major issues around Brackenwood, found the pub at castlemill a little rough and ready for my tastes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

when I lived there 12+ years ago , it was a nice pub and the chinese upstairs was really good. The town has got both better and worse since those days though:)

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Take a drive around in the evenings as its getting dark.

Tried that - not sure I'm any the wiser. Maybe I got the wrong day!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    when I lived there 12+ years ago , it was a nice pub and the chinese upstairs was really good. The town has got both better and worse since those days though:)

So what do you reckon is better, and what is worse?

When I moved there, most of the kids were just born or toddlers. Fast forward 14 years and the issue is the same as anywhere, bored teenagers not much to do. they never caused me any issue and I didn't really see them hanging around. The pub is rough, the Chinese is gone but there's others both pubs and Chinese in the town.

marto501 wrote: »
    When I moved there, most of the kids were just born or toddlers. Fast forward 14 years and the issue is the same as anywhere, bored teenagers not much to do. they never caused me any issue and I didn't really see them hanging around. The pub is rough, the Chinese is gone but there's others both pubs and Chinese in the town.

And how long ago did you move out? Any negative reason for going?

• Advertisement

So what do you reckon is better, and what is worse?

I think some of the town has become more run down then it should be ,like the area around Castlemill.

There is the "new" shopping centre and I think 3 new schools including a very good secondary school .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Tried that - not sure I'm any the wiser. Maybe I got the wrong day!

Do it a few nights.
    Not when its raining or cold. Because its the warm evenings that bring any riff raff out thats going to be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hi OP,

I'm living here (Dun Saithne) 10 years now. If you have any questions you can fire me across a PM and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

And how long ago did you move out? Any negative reason for going?

Only moved out in September. No negative reason just moved into d7 with my partner. Just out there today getting place ready for sale. All good and quiet from what I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AHPW

Hello, just jumping on this thread. Anybody know anything about Landys Court or Linnen Hall? We are looking at buying an apt there. Thanks

Advertisement