Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Snooker Championship 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Was only dipping in and out but selby seemed to be making a few mistakes and still raced into a 6-2 lead. As i feared my faith in allen very likely to be misplaced, that's not a deficit you want to have against a guy like selby.

Very nearly a decisive blow from williams. Did not see him missing that yellow. Higgins on the ropes but still standing.

Playing well but that was pushing out the boat a bit.

MJW too good tonight. Stick a fork in this, it's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Hopefully. Good to see Mark back at the business end again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

MJW too good tonight. Stick a fork in this, it's done.

Was it as convincing as the final scoreline suggests?

I didn't see any of that match.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

Hawkins is a good player but a long career where he's only ever won 3 ranking titles and done well at the crucible while never being able to quite do it at the business end shows his limitations i think. Never managed to bridge that gap to the very top table. Kyren seems to me to be in a similar position, but with quite a lot of time on his side.

Yes. I think its a pity because he's an excellent all round player. Not unlike Ken in his day, just not quite as good

Was it as convincing as the final scoreline suggests?

I didn't see any of that match.

Totally. Bit of a mini revival from higgins earlier, but williams just froze him out tonight, higgins lucky to win a frame. He's very impressive and his whole attitude is brilliant, but my big reservation is will it work against selby if they meet in qf? If he coughs up chances, selby won't leave them behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

dobman88 wrote: »
    Considered a cut off him as I expect him to beat Murphy but was hoping for a little more than 22/1, hes currently that on bet365. Saying that, the only time I've seen him play was in the masters final and he beat Higgins 10-8 after being down 7-5 so that's quite impressive.

I'll probably talk myself into a fiver each way in the morning lol

Glad I was too busy earlier to look at this bet again. Seems to be making some strange shot selections and Murphy playing quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Unforgivable miss on the blue after great brown by Yan, had few chances in that frame and still couldn't make it count...

• Advertisement

The first effort on the black was so poor too, made worse by the fact that if he had actually potted it, he'd have then missed the canon by miles. Still very raw this guy.

I think he could be an interesting one to follow. Seems to go for pretty much everything so with experience and practice, he will start nailing them and if he can be consistent, he could be a force.

Something very likeable about him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Looks like his head is well and truly fried out there.....

He's definitely a talent but making this too easy for murphy tonight. In danger of virtually playing himself out of the match already.

Fair play to him there. Very aggressive opening red and reaped the reward. 2-6 keeps it interesting at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

At 6-2 Yan is still very much in this and I hope he does manage to make a comeback in this match.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The person picking the montage music on Eurosport really likes their classic rock.

The person picking the montage music on Eurosport really likes their classic rock.

What was it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Paranoid - Black Sabbath

• Advertisement

Not a bad choice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Middle Sunday, tournament taking shape.

Top half: Mcgill will fancy his chances of getting to another semi, Jones capable of beating Ballrun. Selby is in beast mode, Willo will be up for the fight, that could be a classic.
    I'll go Jones v Selby.

Bottom half: It's just going to be Judd v Robbo isn't it.

What a start by gilbert. I didnt see this, it's great for the match if he can maintain this for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

What a start by gilbert. I didnt see this, it's great for the match if he can maintain this for a while.

I think he can . Seems to thrive at crucible bit like McGill. Think
    He will at least keep it very close .

Horrendous error from bingham on yellow there, gifts it to jones for 2-2. Whoever comes through this, I'll almost certainly have mcgill a clear favourite to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

spurshero wrote: »
    I think he can . Seems to thrive at crucible bit like McGill. Think
    He will at least keep it very close .

Its great to see. He had an awful start to the season...saw him play Matthew Stevens in December (Scottish Open i think) and he literally couldnt string a couple of pots together or judge the pace of the table...Stevens was marginally better! Good to see his form back.

• Advertisement

I dunno, I like dave but he's a veteran pro now who's never won a single title of any note and who's had one decent world championships performance in his entire career. So this would be huge shock to me if he won it, but judd not looked particularly sharp yet so could well be vulnerable if he doesn't pick his game up. Dave obviously badly affected by lockdown, game went to pieces, but seems well out the other side now so that does make him dangerous alright i feel.

Missed that red by a long way there dave, thought he'd have been more likely to pot the one over the middle off the baulk cushion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭dougm1970

great display from jamie jones in that last frame.

Gilbert with some unforgivable misses so far. The black earlier and the blue in this frame. Couple of others that maybe weren't so obvious. Seems rattled by the black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭fran38

Gilbert's definitely twitchIng now. He missed two blacks off their spots so far but the last one could be the definitive game changer even at this early stage of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭fran38

dobman88 wrote: »
    Gilbert with some unforgivable misses so far. The black earlier and the blue in this frame. Couple of others that maybe weren't so obvious. Seems rattled by the black

Your average club player would be livid if he missed a blue like that. Madness.

Thing about missed black is, they all miss blacks off the spot, even judd every now and again, but top players dont let it get to them and dave just fell a bit to pieces after it. But judd caught fire too, one moment its looking like going 4-1 to dave and now all of a sudden he's gone 3-5 down. Can be a very unforgiving arena at times.

Gilbert didnt help himself in those 4 frames but Judd is scary in that kinda form.

8-4 but murphy has slightly left the door open here for a yan revival. Had big chances to pretty much put this to bed but might feel one or two doubts creeping in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

This feels like a massive frame in the Selby and Allen match

Think marks (allen) patience just snapped there in the end. Bit of a swipe on the yellow. Better that mini session from him but not made any ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Infuriating from Mark Allen, how could he leave that black short.

Infuriating from Mark Allen, how could he leave that black short.

Agreed, he’d done all the hard work at that point

Some fluke by Murphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

As Hendry said earlier in the studio its the easy misses that make the difference now

• Advertisement

Its just unbelievable murphy doesnt put the brown safe there. What earthly reason was there for him to play that shot the way he did? Absolutely flummoxed by that one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Good of the BBC to show the Murphy timeline again. Had forgotten it since seeing it yesterday.

Enjoyable session between Yan and Murphy, hope we get a big finish tomorrow night.

Been a decent enough effort from Allen all told today, went toe to toe for the most part. Shame he couldn't close the gap to one but feel there still might be a bit of juice left in this one tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I know there was a fluke in there, but you won’t see many better breaks of 45 than that from DG.

I know there was a fluke in there, but you won’t see many better breaks of 45 than that from DG.

Top drawer break from Gilbert and deserved the frame from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

If Gilbert loses this crazy frame it could be massive. He needs to start thinking a bit more clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭testtech05

Fair play to Gilbert for telling the ref he had called for trump to go back in before the white went down. Could cost him the frame in the end but would be a shame for him

Hard for dave if he does go on to lose it but this is the type of frame that makes you love this game so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

I dunno, he could have changed his mind no problem when he saw the white go in. He won't win much with that attitude.

Advertisement