Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Snooker Championship 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Williams comes up almost a foot short of the pack from his break off, Selby has it “put back”. Missing the pack from a break off is something I never thought I’d see in the pro game. Farcical stuff.

selby didnt have it put back ...he played from where white landed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Williams comes up almost a foot short of the pack from his break off, Selby has it “put back”. Missing the pack from a break off is something I never thought I’d see in the pro game. Farcical stuff.

Have seen it happen a few times off a conventional break too. Remember murphy doing it a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Murphy missed the pack from the conventional break off? Had to have been a complete miscue? I saw Dave Gilbert pot the cue ball from a break off last season.

Murphy missed the pack from the conventional break off? Had to have been a complete miscue? I saw Dave Gilbert pot the cue ball from a break off last season.

He was going through a phase of trying to thin the red on outer edge of the pyramid and missed completely on at least one occasion. I suppose williams going the way he did was the next obvious step, though I'd say shaun is a bit too old fashioned to cross that rubicon. As of yet anyway!

Gwan Spud! Beat that Trump fella - he's winning too much :P

Very slack by judd there and duly punished. Make for an interesting match this if murphy can keep some momentum going, give judd a proper test having to chase a lead. Wouldnt have seen it coming but great for the match.

Great plant - what 'bottle' from Shaun, after been unlucky with position a few shots earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Selby Williams pretty one sided so far, Selby should go 5-1 up from this position

4-4 just about fair alright but it's probably the worst murphy needed to be, suspicion judd still has another gear to go though if he can find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Selby Williams pretty one sided so far, Selby should go 5-1 up from this position

Gonna be hard form Williams to overturn 6 2 .,needs to win the morning session to have a chance . Selby will try to grind it out from here and in general he’s excellent at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

dougm1970 wrote: »
    selby is so good...a joy to watch...reminds me of a peak hendry.

Hiya Vikki:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

4-4 just about fair alright but it's probably the worst murphy needed to be, suspicion judd still has another gear to go though if he can find it.

I thought Murphy had a bit of a snooker swagger about him when he was on a break.
    Even making faces worthy of a 1980's snooker montague to the commentary box when he got a kick.
    He seemed very comfortable and at ease with himself.
    Consistency seems to be his only problem.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Spacific

I fancy Best Before to go a long way in this tournament

tanko wrote: »
    Hiya Vikki:pac:

None of that now, I hear Mark Dennis gets very jealous! :D

I thought Murphy had a bit of a snooker swagger about him when he was on a break.
    Even making faces worthy of a 1980's snooker montague to the commentary box when he got a kick.
    He seemed very comfortable and at ease with himself.
    Consistency seems to be his only problem.

Yeah definitely looks relaxed and happy within himself out there for sure. He does have that swagger moving around the table but may be it dips into complacency every now and again, often within a handful of shots of knocking one in from another galaxy! Curiously it was judd who had the worst misses today - two pretty much straight pinks to either middle. Hasn't caught fire this tournament yet for me - and no cast iron guarantee he will. Just hope shaun doesnt go and gift it to judds b game, like gilbert did last round. Should be lot closer than that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Selby v McGill could be one looong semi final if they get there and are bogged down in a quaqmire of safety in places.

Delighted Williams is still hanging on. Unique style of his is great to watch.
    I remember when they did a piece where the players described what is on their waistcoat. Williams said he keeps a sponsor who he had since the early days. Even though he could get more money elsewhere. He seems to be a decent auld salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Spacific wrote: »
    I fancy Best Before to go a long way in this tournament
    Form player so far anyway

Marks a good down to earth guy and good fun. I dont look in on twitter much but i remember when he used to post under his own name on the betfair forum site and it was usually a good laugh.

• Advertisement

Marks a good down to earth guy and good fun. I dont look in on twitter much but i remember when he used to post under his own name on the betfair forum site and it was usually a good laugh.

I believe he has a bit of a feud going with Darren Morgan for some reason. Williams just does not seem to like him, he has goes at him now and again.

It must be Welsh thing!

At least we'd all know Ron Skinner & Sons if we were ever to deal with them. Thanks to Mark

(They are a large used car supermarket in Wales)

I believe he has a bit of a feud going with Darren Morgan for some reason. Williams just does not seem to like him, he has goes at him now and again.

It must be Welsh thing!

He might have some beef with the dazzler, werent they teasing him about it in the eurosport studio last week? No idea what its about though. Ronnie once claimed mark wasn't liked by his fellow pros, that caused a bit of bad blood for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭raclle

Am I missing something? I don't get all the hate he receives

raclle wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I don't get all the hate he receives

You mean, Mark Williams? Does he get a lot of hate? I think some are a bit irked with the break off thing, but definitely not hating him. If it was selby, there'd be calls for him to be banned for life!

If it was selby, there'd be calls for him to be banned for life!
    Sorry I meant Selby. What's the story there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Best of luck to Mark. Hopefully gets himself sorted and back at it soon

https://twitter.com/pistol147/status/1386820341289431040?s=19

raclle wrote: »
    Sorry I meant Selby. What's the story there?

Ah ok, got ya. I guess there are people who hate selby because of his style, can be a bit abrasive in interviews sometimes and maybe because a lot of people are big ronnie fans and as a rival, selby is almost like the complete contrast, almost a surrogate for ebdon, a more successful ebdon. I have a lot of respect for selby personally, so that's just a guess really. I suppose he doesn't help himself with stuff like taking 6 minutes for a shot or his post sf interview here last year, but nobody's perfect.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm guessing the hatred for Selby is because he's slower and more methodical, never really got it either, if O'Sullivan played some shots he played last night, people would be fawning all over them.

I'm guessing the hatred for Selby is because he's slower and more methodical, never really got it either, if O'Sullivan played some shots he played last night, people would be fawning all over them.

Plus not only that the amount of heavy scoring Selby did the last match and in the match v Williams.

It is not as if Selby plays constant safety stuff and negative play. I think part of the reason people don't like Selby is because O'Sullivan has a lot of fans. Plus Selby is well able for Ronnie and has the ability to make him crumble.

or his post sf interview here last year, but nobody's perfect.
    Was that the match he lost against Ronnie? If it is I remember at the time the commentators were baffled with the way Ronnie played as well. I didn't see anything wrong with Selby's interview when you compare it with the drivel O'Sullivan has come out with over the years. I'm not a Selby fan but I've always liked him and how he's played the game

• Advertisement

He might have some beef with the dazzler, werent they teasing him about it in the eurosport studio last week? No idea what its about though. Ronnie once claimed mark wasn't liked by his fellow pros, that caused a bit of bad blood for a while.

Williams row with Morgan is almost comical at this stage. I did a bit of research.

https://www.balls.ie/snooker/mark-williams-darren-morgan-cc-384193

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/44004662

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Miss of the tournament by Robertson then Wilson misses a not too difficult red also, scrappy yet fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Big frame for Wilson...needed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Two poor shots by Neil and it’s all she wrote, the last shot to leave the black over the pocket was especially poor,

Williams row with Morgan is almost comical at this stage. I did a bit of research.

https://www.balls.ie/snooker/mark-williams-darren-morgan-cc-384193

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/44004662

Some salty exchanges there!

Big frame for Wilson...needed that.

Huge frame that was, as good as winning two/three frames in a row psychologically,

Wilson might get motoring now?

Strumms wrote: »
    Two poor shots by Neil and it’s all she wrote, the last shot to leave the black over the pocket was especially poor,

Some very poor, almost amateurish shots from both in that frame, just robbos last one proved fatal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Me after sitting through that frame

article-2228003-15DAD6C7000005DC-352_468x344.jpg

Huge frame that was, as good as winning two/three frames in a row psychologically,

Wilson might get motoring now?

Big boost. The way he was hanging his head after he knocked the red out for robbo earlier, would have knocked stuffing out of him if robbo had won it. Got away with one there, did kyren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The opening exchanges of this frame seem so leggy after that epic just gone. They must be shattered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Two quality breaks by McGill there.

Eurosport app now not letting me cast. Am I missing something?

I feel like Wilson is liable to collapse soon enough and I'd rather be watching McGill Bingham.

Eurosport app now not letting me cast. Am I missing something?

I feel like Wilson is liable to collapse soon enough and I'd rather be watching McGill Bingham.

It's on the mid session interval.

I've found the Eurosport app to be fine, but every so often it has an issue. Such as advertising a match as ad free and live but when I go into it, it plays the programme from the very start, or even plays a programme from the night before. Still a few bugs to be ironed out.

I don't think Robbo has the intestinal fortitude to win this comp.. I can't see him beating Shaun or Trump, if he wins this one...

If he were to win it out, he's not even halfway there yet framewise...

Some proper tough oldschool hard matchplay going on on table two.. 6 apiece

It's on the mid session interval.

I've found the Eurosport app to be fine, but every so often it has an issue. Such as advertising a match as ad free and live but when I go into it, it plays the programme from the very start, or even plays a programme from the night before. Still a few bugs to be ironed out.

It wasn't let me cast at all.

And then I worked out I wasn't on WiFi. So there we have it.

---

Talk about me calling this arseways. Fair fupps Kyren.

I switched over to McGill v Bingham 6-6. McGill had Bingham in awful trouble tight behind brown reds open. But McGill only got a point out of it missing yellow with rest.

Fair fupps Kyren.
    Robbo threw away a few frames

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Some proper tough oldschool hard matchplay going on on table two.. 6 apiece

I think this is great viewing. As good as it is to see great break after great break, seeing this hard match play with some howlers thrown in as they are both very edgy is good viewing!

• Advertisement

7-6 to Stuart;, bar a fall

Advertisement