Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Snooker Championship 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bingham reminds me of John Parrott the way he punches the cue ball. Really hammers it at times.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Bingham got back into the frame, but I think he pushed the boat out a bit going for the red along the cushion, should have just played safe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Anto McGill, knows what the people want and gives it to them in spades. Excitement, drama and final frame Crucible deciders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭dobman88

Anto McGill, knows what the people want and gives it to them in spades. Excitement, drama and final frame Crucible deciders.

He just loves the game so much he wants to play the max amount of frames possible :pac:

What a match this is. Easily match of the tournament so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

You can see he's not just coping or surviving out there, he's relishing it. Loving every second of it. Great gift to have and got to make him a slight favourite from here.

• Advertisement

He has Selby if he manages this hurdle.

Pot success is off the charts 94% and 93% in the Bingham McGill game. Easy game it is!

He has Selby if he manages this hurdle.

Good - Selby won't like it "up em" :pac: ... Reckon he'd prefer Bingham, but we'll never know.... McGill less likely I feel to be 'Selbyed' , than Stuart I feel..

Great match. Glad Bingham got through, both lads played great stuff

At least mcgill didnt lose it to a fluke anyway. Well played bingham, that was fabulous match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Have a feeling that it'll be Bingham and Murphy in the final, with Murphy the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

dobman88 wrote: »
    He just loves the game so much he wants to play the max amount of frames possible :pac:

What a match this is. Easily match of the tournament so far

It was magnificent.

I've been trying to leave the house for a few hours. Finally I can get out.

Whoever went through I wanted to win the whole lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Rothko wrote: »
    Have a feeling that it'll be Bingham and Murphy in the final, with Murphy the winner.

I'd take that.

Selby looks imperious at the minute though. Wouldn't begrudge him either with how he has been playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

There has been a lot of talk about Robertson underachieving at the Crucible but after appearing there a fair number of times at this stage i think he is just reaching his level. Scoring heavily is not enough to be a world champion. You have to be able to handle the situations that other top players put you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

B2021M wrote: »
    There has been a lot of talk about Robertson underachieving at the Crucible but after appearing there a fair number of times at this stage i think he is just reaching his level. Scoring heavily is not enough to be a world champion. You have to be able to handle the situations that other top players put you in.

Edit: Sorry i know he did win it once but i dont think his overall performance over the years is a huge surprise!

Just goes to show what a waste of talent, with the 'Honorary Irishman' messing about as chairman of the players' body (dunno what it's called)... Been in the doldrums for years has Murph... Used to be I'd have him in the top two of the 'heavy favs worth opposing' category, when in earlier rounds of other comps...

Give Fergal O'Brien credit too :D Murphy always does :pac:

Exclusive Kyren got no sleep because Colin Murray said (in all seriousness) that an 'over amorous couple' kept him awake in the opposite hotel room....

Just goes to show what a waste of talent, with the 'Honorary Irishman' messing about as chairman of the players' body (dunno what it's called)... Been in the doldrums for years has Murph... Used to be I'd have him in the top two of the 'heavy favs worth opposing' category, when in earlier rounds of other comps...

Yeah fair play to him. Trouble with that players advisory role was he took it so seriously. Remember him having a go at his fellow pros because only one or two of them showed up for the agm just before the world championships. So much wasted energy. And doing analysis for the bbc while he was still in the tournament a big no no too. Best decision he made to ditch all those obvious distractions. His interviews pre tournament look compelling in hindsight, had a bad season but still seemed happy, had no expectations on himself, no pressure. You can see ingredients were there for a decent run.

It is almost like Murphy wants the 'status' of being an elder statesman in the game way before his time.

I was thinking that Jack Lisowski commentating is not a good idea either. Everyone who does so. Bar Ronnie is on the 'wind down' in their snooker career.
    I am sure Ken could vouch for that!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Looks like Bingham has rediscovered his 2015 form, I'd still go with Selby to get through, but I wouldn't dismiss Bingham outright.

• Advertisement

It was magnificent.

I've been trying to leave the house for a few hours. Finally I can get out.

Whoever went through I wanted to win the whole lot.

Shtop. Have had the snooker on since 10am. TV and laptop when required. Missus asks is it snooker all day, nah it'll be over soon. We going for a walk or what? Ooops, it's a decider now. Fine, after. Ah the other game is on then. Oh ffs I'll go alone. :pac: if I was married I'd be in line for divorce lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭raclle

I must be the only one not a fan of the introduction music :D

Cmon Murphy!!!

It is almost like Murphy wants the 'status' of being an elder statesman in the game way before his time.

I was thinking that Jack Lisowski commentating is not a good idea either. Everyone who does so. Bar Ronnie is on the 'wind down' in their snooker career.
    I am sure Ken could vouch for that!

:D Good point that.. For 5 years or more now, he's been coming out with the "I'm not getting any younger" line :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Xander10

raclle wrote: »
    I must be the only one not a fan of the introduction music :D

I find it cringe.

Murphy could struggle here, i think, despite lead.

4 frames ahead, and he takes on that difficult red last frame.... There's "playing not to lose" , and then there's just playing the percentage shot; and making your opponent make a mistake. Trump has his eye in now, but still not firing on all cylinders..

And just like that - cracking red :pac:

Great to see Murphy still going for it. 2 phenomenal shots there on red and blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Judd means business

Starting to look like a game of two halves in this match today

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Wow, forget the champions league tonight lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Great potting here!

Some outrageous pots from Judd there.

Buckle up lads, we're in for a long one.

eric hoone wrote: »
    Wow, forget the champions league tonight lads!

I heard they are considering copying the crucible theatre format! :D

walshb wrote: »
    Great potting here!
    dobman88 wrote: »
    Some outrageous pots from Judd there.

Buckle up lads, we're in for a long one.

Look at Murphy sitting in his chair though, as cool as you like hands casually crossed as if he is in his living room.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

poor from Murphy, not difficult to leave the brown safe and or put Trump in a snooker but left a pot on, poor.

Great shot but careless once again by Sean...looks out of sorts. Misses a simple red too..

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    poor from Murphy, not difficult to leave the brown safe and or put Trump in a snooker but left a pot on, poor.

Yeah I thought that bit too casual! He seemed to hit it way too pacey as well. Could have tied him up and slowed him down for a while taking away some of his momentum.

Big match play chance missed. You wouldn't have seen Selby do that, for sure.

Great shot but careless once again by Sean...looks out of sorts. Misses a simple red too..

Murphy better not be thinking I am just glad to be competing with Judd etc etc.
    Great run in the championship pleased etc.
    That is the type of stuff he comes out with in interviews.

He needs to show way more ruthlessness and quit this 'nice guy' act. He has to go to WAR.

Murphy better not be thinking I am just glad to be competing with Judd etc etc.
    Great run in the championship pleased etc.
    That is the type of stuff he comes out with in interviews.

He needs to show way more ruthlessness and quit this 'nice guy' act. He has to go to WAR.

Former world champion, needs to be having more self belief...

Murphy's safety play got him in there solid play. That is what you want at this stage.

Edit: great at making faces and missing that black ruins his own chance. Lost position a bit previously.

Former world champion, needs to be having more self belief...

I don't know about anyone else but you would feel like shaking him and telling him to wake up, fight. He has miles more talent than most of the top 16 lads. Great technique etc. I would argue he has underachieved to only get the one World Title. And even that was a one off wonder rookie year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Murphys tactics are all wrong this evening, he should be playing the percentages more and keeping Trump under pressure instead of throwing his cue at everything like as if he doesn't care.

Only one word for this: Magic snooker.

Trump has the air of a fella on the hunt now. Means business.

He's definitely rattled for some reason. Is it nerves?

Trump all over the place positionally mad shots he has to be getting.
    Channeling his inner Alex Higgins.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Very important frame.

raclle wrote: »
    He's definitely rattled for some reason. Is it nerves?

It could be. Murphy probably thought he would not have any chance in the match deep down. And is just 'enjoying being there'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Huge frame!!!

Hopefully winning that frame will settle down Murphy. He’s been very edgy this evening

If Murphy does win it will be his fifth World Semi Final.

• Advertisement
Advertisement