Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Snooker Championship 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ffs. Are they gonna play this Murphy montage between every frame. About the 4th time its been on today alone.

Magic Darts from spud :D

Great safety from 'The Juddernaut' - how unlucky was he to leave the gap.... WD2 the cameraman for 'shnakin' around' to give us a glimpse.. Didn't think he could get thru it myself, could The Magician,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

B2021M wrote: »
    There has been a lot of talk about Robertson underachieving at the Crucible but after appearing there a fair number of times at this stage i think he is just reaching his level. Scoring heavily is not enough to be a world champion. You have to be able to handle the situations that other top players put you in.

That's a fair enough point actually. He's certainly not ever going win 3/4 worlds, like the likes of Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭raclle

eric hoone wrote: »
    Wow, forget the champions league tonight lads!
    I'm flicking between both. City game is quite good

Thought Trump had screwed himself at 10-8 getting a bit reckless. Well-balanced now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Crazy stuff from Murphy, throwing the cue at everything and giving Trump too many chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The Ace in the pack is starting to look edgy now, that is two in a row missed.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

tanko wrote: »
    Crazy stuff from Murphy, throwing the cue at everything and giving Trump too many chances.

Could.make for great viewing if they both continue to go for everything and it goes the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

If Judd was playing any way in form id say he'd have a chance of a comeback but he's just not playing well and it doesn't look like he'll be able to do a Ronnie and flick a switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Augme

Murphy seems to be throwing this away a bit. Last two frames he's had two careless misses.

Judd coming back is more to do with Murphy falling apart a bit, he's not played well at all really, Murphy bottling it at the moment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I’d like Murphy to win, but it feels like Trump is more likely to win at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The withdrawals next Tuesday are gonna be something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’d like Murphy to win, but it feels like Trump is more likely to win at the minute

Murphy having bad luck, Trump having the run of the balls..I’d say if I’m putting a hundred quid it’s on Trump, having the momentum, the luck and breaks. Murphy not helping himself.

The Magician's snooker technique has disappeared as if by magic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Has to make this count.

Murphy needs this frame. Otherwise trump wins 13-11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

dobman88 wrote: »
    Murphy needs this frame. Otherwise trump wins 13-11.

Agreed. Massive frame

Suddenly Murphy kicks into gear and the cue arm looks relaxed.
    I don't know what to make of it.

Trump has had a lot of luck, nothing unusual for him, until that shot, Murphy hasn’t had much.

• Advertisement

Wow. Frame on here you'd think. And he is nicely warmed up after the last frame. Could be the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Big chance now...

DRAMA!!
    YESSSSSSS

Ah shtop. That's a rotten fluke

Ah here...

How much more luck does Trump want ?

Murphy was in hard luck there no landing on a red.
    Then Trump gets a mad jammy fluke.

Jayus if Murphy loses this match he will be rightly sickened.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Sickening fluke.

How did Murphy mess that chance up.
    Don't mind who wins, hope we get a decider.

That's surely that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Murphy deserved it

The Magician v The Warrior in the Semi Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Augme

Well deserved for Shaun.

Great response by Murphy.

begbysback wrote: »
    Murphy deserved it

Fair play to him he could have folded.

Happy out with that now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Fair play to him he could have folded.

Impressive how he regathered himself after trump started pegging him back

Happy dayze :D Some dazzling - nerve-jangling snooker there... Best player won in the end...

WD SHAUN!!!!! :):):):):):)

begbysback wrote: »
    Impressive how he regathered himself after trump started pegging him back

I thought he was gone to be honest.

Trump looks shocked/annoyed in the interview.

• Advertisement

Murphy deserved it overall but he nearly bottled it, Judd wasn't playing well at all, if he had been he'd of made the comeback imo, shaun was totally gone tonight, had massive help from Judd in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Interesting victory celebration there from Murphy. Usually a fairly happy go lucky sort of fellow, but there was little bit of edge in those triumphant gestures to the crowd afterwards. Don’t often see that from him. Obviously meant a lot to him, but I’d like to see him keep that fire in the belly for the remainder of the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Interesting victory celebration there from Murphy. Usually a fairly happy go lucky sort of fellow, but there was little bit of edge in those triumphant gestures to the crowd afterwards. Don’t often see that from him. Obviously meant a lot to him, but I’d like to see him keep that fire in the belly for the remainder of the tournament.

I dunno, I've seen plenty of that from Murphy down the years. Good win for him. Selby still favourite for me.

Jaysus Murphy talks some rubbish.

tanko wrote: »
    Jaysus Murphy talks some rubbish.

What?

I thought his interview was brilliant. Love to see magnanimity and honest magnanimity at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Two years in a row judd follows a dominant season with a below par world championships and can't fathom why. Hardly say it's a pattern yet but just strange he never seemed to get going at all.

Happy for murphy. Thought he was gone there and needed some help from a below par opponent. Did hold himself together well when chance came tbf. Judd didnt blame the table as i predicted earlier. Was quite gracious, in fact. Three out of four sfs havent won a title this season which shows i think that worlds doesnt follow the form pattern of the regular season, it has its own rhythm and narrative. Ronnie, judd & robbo all the pre tournament rage and all dumped out by the one table stage. You would have got fair odds on that happening, I'd say.

• Advertisement

What?

I thought his interview was brilliant. Love to see magnanimity and honest magnanimity at that.

Yep, me too, can’t see anything at all objectionable, he comes across very well, honest and engaging there and every interview...

I think Selby vs Murphy in the final.

Strumms wrote: »
    Yep, me too, can’t see anything at all objectionable, he comes across very well, honest and engaging there and every interview...

I think Selby vs Murphy in the final.

I'd love it to be Bingham Murphy.

But I can't see past Selby at all. I'm terrified to say anything against Wilson.

I'll genuinely enjoy whatever happens.

Think I'll jump on Bingham to cheer for now. I'd be a fan of Selby and would be delighted if he wins but like most people I've a grá for the underdog, if Bingham can be classed as such. And he has played well and always comes across as a genuine guy.

So mon Bingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The thing about Selby is that it took a stunning semi final performance by Ronnie last year to deny Selby the final. Selby expected to win, Ronnie pulled out all the stops.

Assuming Selby would have beaten Wilson in the final, Selby would have 4 and be back this year as defending champion aiming for his 5th.
    To tie with Ronnie on 5.

So no major surprise he's produced this performance here again.

I would prefer a Bingham v Murphy final myself, but let's see how she rolls over the next 5 days.

I'd love it to be Bingham Murphy.
    Repeat of the 2015 final which was really good. I think it was 15-15 at one stage and Bingham won the last 3 frames

• Advertisement
Advertisement