Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Snooker Championship 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

That’s his goose cooked

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Classic Ballrun there!

Selby twice yeah :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,212 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This match is unbelievable... honestly maybe the most captivating match I've ever seen!

That’s two terrible shots in a row by Bingham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thrilling stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭raclle

Bingham not destined to win this

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭luckyboy

Would love to see a decider here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This match is unbelievable... honestly maybe the most captivating match I've ever seen!

Up there with McGill Wilson from last year anyway.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Have an awful feeling Bingham will edge this one then Selby will clean up in the decider.

• Advertisement

If Shelby loses this frame it could rattle him going into the last and if bingham wins it then it could give him a big boost of confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭testtech05

Great snooker played by Selby thee in fairness.

What a Selby safety on the Green Steve Davis-esque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Dominic Dale not a huge upgrade from Joe Johnson. Getting a bit overexcited and jumping to conclusions

Give it a wee wack more Stuart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's all folks!

• Advertisement

Jeysus, that snooker on the green did some serious work for Selby!

Looking like it's won him the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Ah ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

:D

Does Selby feel pressure at all? Only time I can think of him 'folding' is against O'Sullivan last year. When Ronnie went Kamikazee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Poxy end to the match. Bingham will be gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It's a cliché to say that it's had everything, but fúck me, it's had everything.

Amazing

That’s a cruel way to go out.

Hopefully Murphy can keep the tempo high and play his best game at speed.

The final is a mis match in style that could add to the occasion.

Damn! Bingham played one bad positional shot on the red and lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ah ffs. What an anti climax. Wp Selby, has all the makings of a classic final given the 2 players form. Hopefully it delivers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭testtech05

Bingham seething with Selby you can tell but he's doing his best to hold it together without going all in.

Bingham getting the digs in: "Does he do it on purpose..."

Dead right to call out gamesmanship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Poor there from Selby to be celebrating before even winning the match. But the man is absolute granite. Very hard to beat. Fair play to Bingham. Showed his guts yet again.

Hopefully Murphy can keep the tempo high and play his best game at speed.

The final is a mis match in style that could add to the occasion.

I think is the ideal mix. Murphy going for pots, Selby doing anything to win within the rules.

Selby a bit jammy in that frame anyway. Yellow and green could easily have been on.

Bingham's interview: of course he does it on purpose :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,008 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That was a seriously good snooker he laid there in fairness... pity...

I find that disrespectful again, Selby up to those intense celebrating antics before he’s played his final shot... not a good look...

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Poor there from Selby to be celebrating before even winning the match. But the man is absolute granite. Very hard to beat. Fair play to Bingham. Showed his guts yet again.

But sher Murphy was at that at 12-12...celebrating like he'd won it, Selby actually had it won basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Selby vs Murphy. Can they both lose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yeah but Selby did deserve that frame I feel. He played excellent safety shots and that was a great get on the first attempt on the yellow when he was snookered behind the black.

And that was a great example of the validity or the miss rule as Bingham didn't want that green to move off the cushion otherwise he risked looking the match. He might have been better off hitting and hoping in the end.

Selby reasonably magnanimous (only in victory :pac:) . "Stuart played better overall.. He had run of the balls early on.... I got them at the end"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

But sher Murphy was at that at 12-12...celebrating like he'd won it, Selby actually had it won basically.

There's a difference between geeing yourself up in the middle of a match and actually celebrating winning the match before you're over the line. What would've happened if he's made a balls of that blue and then missed the pink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,008 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

zuutroy wrote: »
    Selby vs Murphy. Can they both lose?

Murphy is infinity more likable.

Still, good of them to finish up juuuust in time to watch Katie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

The snooker nicknames are a bit ridiculous, the warrior surrendered meekly and the jester from Leicester is a miserable bastard. Perhaps they could start calling Shaun Murphy the jester from Leinster, I used to not like him much, but he's a lot more likeable than Selby

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »

I find that disrespectful again, Selby up to those intense celebrating antics before he’s played his final shot... not a good look...

From watching it I felt it was a bit of dig at Bingham was not aimed at/with the crowd imo.

Bingham did not attack Selby for slow play. But said it was a mix of gamesmanship and Selby's style.

Selby rightly made the point that the average shot time in the frame was the same for both players. He described one shot as a 'brain freeze'.

The interesting thing I have taken out of Selby's interview is that he seems to admit playing each shot like it is life and death. Affects his game.
    He seems to want to let loose more but it is not in his nature?

A bit like the way Ebdon went?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Strumms wrote: »

Have to say I don't like seeing it. I know some players will say they can't help it, emotions etc but it really turns me off a player. Selby, Murphy, McGill all at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Christ almighty blue, pink and black on spots it was basically over. You'd prob criticise Selby if he showed no emotion winning a grueling match.

I can understand why some people aren't a fan of Selby but some of the posts on here are pathetically over the top

There's a difference between geeing yourself up in the middle of a match and actually celebrating winning the match before you're over the line. What would've happened if he's made a balls of that blue and then missed the pink?

Nah not in my view, Murphy was behaving like a man who won the tournament at 12-12, Selby had it won essentially, what were the chances of that blue not going in.

After all it is the crucible theater as people were quick to point out for Murphy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,976 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The snooker nicknames are a bit ridiculous, the warrior surrendered meekly and the jester from Leicester is a miserable bastard. Perhaps they could start calling Shaun Murphy the jester from Leinster, I used to not like him much, but he's a lot more likeable than Selby

Maybe 'Skinny Shaun', in keeping with the rest of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Maybe 'Skinny Shaun', in keeping with the rest of them...

But wasn't he on a charity diet a few weeks ago, has to keep his strength up for the best of 35

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yeah but Selby did deserve that frame I feel. He played excellent safety shots and that was a great get on the first attempt on the yellow when he was snookered behind the black.
    He fluked 2 snookers that Bingham was certain to win the frame from

raclle wrote: »
    He fluked 2 snookers that Bingham was certain to win the frame from

Both had their fair share of luck throughout, I wouldn't say one was luckier than the other overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Selby got lucky with the yellow and green, could both easily have been left on, that turned the frame in Selby's favour and put Bingham on the back foot. He really does try everything to disrupt his opponent. He's definitely the most tenacious player out there and extremely difficult to beat over the longer form matches in the world championship, you'd have to admire him for that, but, certainly difficult to watch at times. I think he'll wear Murphy down in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Selby a bit jammy in that frame anyway. Yellow and green could easily have been on.

I suppose if bingham didnt fluke the red he was leaving one over the pocket which was basically match over, so perhaps all told the luck evened itself out. As tends to happen over extended matches.

AllForIt wrote: »

And that was a great example of the validity or the miss rule as Bingham didn't want that green to move off the cushion otherwise he risked looking the match. He might have been better off hitting and hoping in the end.

That three ball plant was class. Pure brilliance

• Advertisement
Advertisement