Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Snooker Championship 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

For all the Selby lovers here. Can I ask what you think about his deliberate negative slow play?. He's worse than Ebdon at this stage and he was a master at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭taytobreath

My opinion is it’s not gamesmanship, it’s the natural way he plays, some players don’t like it....tough lol

Kinda like what Williams said about his break offs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

sligeach wrote: »
    That's not true. I was up for Selby last year.

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

My opinion is it’s not gamesmanship, it’s the natural way he plays, some players don’t like it....tough lol

When Fergal O'Brien was competitive and played his natural style I had no problem when he won. With his careful methodical style.

If it was 'gamesmanship' Selby would be going for toilet breaks every chance he could get etc.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

:pac: that's just due to your Ronnie hatred tbf. Why you'd even bother watching only to turn it off if the player you dislike is going to win makes no sense to me but each to their own I guess

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Pocket wasn't nice to Murphy there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Don't be a liar as well, at least have the courage of your convictions!

Read back your last 100 posts on this thread and xome back to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Good to see Mr Coventry City FC in the front row, looking resplendid in his blue and white suit ,by passing the no jersey ban

Ref has had a good game as well. Have not seen him centre stage which is a good sign.

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    :pac: that's just due to your Ronnie hatred tbf. Why you'd even bother watching only to turn it off if the player you dislike is going to win makes no sense to me but each to their own I guess

I would have been up for him in the final as well. So by your logic, I must hate Kyren Wilson too.

Only because of your irrational hatred of Ronnie O Sullivan, as pointed out.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

So playing on needing 4/5 snookers for 30 minutes is totally acceptable in your eyes......interesting.
    If your going to win, win on merit, not crap like that and other dubious tactics imo

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Good to see Mr Coventry City FC in the front row, looking resplendid in his blue and white suit ,by passing the no jersey ban

Think I saw a lad wearing an Irish rugby away jersey the other day, is it just soccer jerseys banned?

I would have been up for him in the final as well. So by your logic, I must hate Kyren Wilson too.

What's Kyren Wilson got to do with anything. You're the one saying you're going to turn off if Selby wins, have spent the entire time giving out about Selby and then said you dont dislike him.

We all know about your hatred for Ronnie as your postal here last week proved so obviously that's why you wanted Selby to win last year.

No idea why you're bringing up Kyren Wilson. You're away with the fairies watching Selby win it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

volono wrote: »
    So playing on needing 4/5 snookers for 30 minutes is totally acceptable in your eyes......interesting.
    If your going to win, win on merit, not crap like that and other dubious tactics imo

You do know that he has won frames, including one in the world championship against Hendry from that exact position??

• Advertisement

What's Kyren Wilson got to do with anything. You're the one saying you're going to turn off if Selby wins, have spent the entire time giving out about Selby and then said you dont dislike him.

We all know about your hatred for Ronnie as your postal here last week proved so obviously that's why you wanted Selby to win last year.

No idea why you're bringing up Kyren Wilson. You're away with the fairies watching Selby win it seems

I'm not going to watch because of his stinky tactics. I found it annoying. So did some of the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

A good chance for Shaun to make it 15:17.

Selby seems a little tense for the 1st time.

I'm not going to watch because of his stinky tactics. I found it annoying. So did some of the players.

Are you still watching :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭raclle

Another chance here

• Advertisement

Are you still watching :pac:

Gas if Murphy wins it, and Sligeach went to bed instead... :D

I think Bingham and Selby had similar shot times 28secs over the course of the semi.

Great admiration for the two players. This match is in danger of turning into a classic last frame job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xabi_a

The fat lady just sat down again!

Pogue eile wrote: »
    You do know that he has won frames, including one in the world championship against Hendry from that exact position??

That was against Hendry in the year before he retired I think. He was light-years past his best. And that's really the standout time someone has got the required snookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Oooohh this is getting interesting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭rolling boh

that's a good break a little glimmer maybe

Going down swinging, fair play to him

Fairplay Murphy not just handing it to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ronnie said there'll be a few twitches at the end.

That black didn't turn away from left middle earlier and it would be 16-16 here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tren.

Joke pockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I know it's easier when the pressure is off in the break, but this is great potting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Murph cueing lovely here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

15:17.
    Murphy looked a bit emotional there before his last shot

Coventry City man fan, get that mask back on. :P

Selby looking a bit worried a touch of a glassy eye, bite of the lip.

Keep at him Shaun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Oooohh this is getting interesting....

Just needs to be careful on his break offs and punish Selby when he makes a mistake, was rooting for Selby but hope Murphy forces a decider

Now, it could be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

3 centuries in a row...top quality snooker

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Go on Shaun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm delighted Murphy has made this little surge even if it is a little too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Beautiful stuff from Shauny. Big ask from here still, but he's in with a shout at least.

He'll be gutted he hadn't stolen just one of those earlier frames that he had a stranglehold on, could so easily have been 16-16 now!

Fine margins at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Not a fan of either, but I am absolutely glued to this. Seriously impressed with Murphy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Great stuff from Murphy, what ever happens now this should give a great springboard for him to get back to the top table.

Was hoping for a little fist pump again there. Mighty stuff from Murphy.

Are we doing what the Brits usually do and claiming him as Irish yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xabi_a

Selby's feeling it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Just needs to be careful on his break offs and punish Selby when he makes a mistake, was rooting for Selby but hope Murphy forces a decider

A poor break off , lucky not punished:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

And agaaaain, that red.... got away with it though.

Bollix

Rotten luck for Shaun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement