Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2021 :Round 2 Imola

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭thefa

Looks like Hamilton could have been a bit more patient rather than risking going off the racing line. Still expect him to gather some reasonable points which could count at the end of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Are they really trying to blame Russel on Hamilton binning it himself ���� jesus sky.

It sounded like they were thinking out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Faugheen wrote: »
    As a result of Bottas forcing him onto the grass.

You really are unbelievable with the anti-Bottas bias, week after week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

recyclebin wrote: »
    Looks more like Russell lost it.

Looks like Russell lost it because Bottas moved right and forced George's right rear onto the grass. That's my take on it anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

There appeared to be more than a cars width between Bottas and edge of track when Russell hits the grass and loses it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Big set back for Russells chances of getting the seat next year.
    The timing screen is telling me that Lewis got lapped before the red flag which means he'll get an extra warm up lap which might put him back into contention at the grid restart.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

User given 24hr ban.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Looks like Russell lost it because Bottas moved right and forced George's right rear onto the grass. That's my take on it anyways!

That’s how it looks from kimi’s car but as Antony Davidson was saying we need to see all camera angles.

There was well over a car's width for Russell there from that slowmo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They are allowing the lapped cars to unlap themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Nice to have gotten a shout out there

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Bottas does drift right, but it’s a corner and he’s on the racing line, so I don’t think he can be blamed.

Surprised he would give the finger to Russell. I wonder if anything was said to him. Ignominious start to Russell’s presidency of the GPDA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Looking at the replay I think Bottas left plenty of space tbh. Basys mistake by Russell to touch the grass.

Nice to have gotten a shout out there

Haha.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That’s how it looks from kimi’s car but as Antony Davidson was saying we need to see all camera angles.

I agree with this, I'd like to see an on-board from Bottas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

flazio wrote: »
    Big set back for Russells chances of getting the seat next year.
    The timing screen is telling me that Lewis got lapped before the red flag which means he'll get an extra warm up lap which might put him back into contention at the grid restart.

I'd say the contract has already been agreed, it's up to Hamilton when Russell takes over!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Lip Out

You really are unbelievable with the anti-Bottas bias, week after week.

You tend to wear some very substantial blinkers when it comes to Bottas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Love how they had to apologise for showing the middle finger and then later on they pop a slow mo replay

Not that it counts for anything but I think Russell more at fault there.

He’s still my Gorgeous George though.

Excuse me?

Up until last season, I was one of very few here defending Bottas.

Fact is he veered right while Russell was alongside him.

Anti-Bottas bias? You know f*ck all mate. Go educate yourself before judging me.

Certainly making up for it since then.

We'll see what the stewards say but there was well over a car's width.

PS. I'm not your mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Longing

Bottas had the line into the corner..Russell was never in front of him. Russell fault all day long.

Edit : well said Hill. Russells fault

Love how they had to apologise for showing the middle finger and then later on they pop a slow mo replay

Reminds me of CNN where they’re reporting a mass shooting in the US. They apologise for the swearing whilst we get to hear the shots murdering innocent people.

This whole swearing bollox is bollocks ;)

Longing wrote: »
    A lot of these drivers just cant handle the old tracks. Shows them up really to drivers of the past.

Most of the drivers of the past would have their necks snap if they tried a few laps in these yokes.

Russell went on a wet patch or the grass and lost it, Bottas moved a little but gave him enough space. Halo showing its value again, take that away and Bottas was getting a tire to the side of the head.

Certainly making up for it since then.

We'll see what the stewards say but there was well over a car's width.

PS. I'm not your mate.

We will. And I think it’s a decision that could go either way or even be deemed a racing incident.

Show me my ‘anti-Bottas bias’ and tell me where I am wrong over the years. It’s not my fault he’s shown himself to be an above average driver in a quick car.

Is it an anti-Bottas bias to point out that he was so sh*te today that he had a Williams fighting with him in the first place? No, it’s not.

You’re chatting absolute sh*te as you always do. Piss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Raikkonen’s onboard shows a puff of muck fly up into the air, as a result of Russell’s tyres touching the grass, while there’s still more than a car’s width of room for Russell?

F1 cars are unreal, 180mph crash, both drivers walk off unhurt, shaking their heads giving eachother the finger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Bottas/Russell have done Lewis a big favour here. He could still get a podium now, before the crash he would have struggled for points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

"valtteri its James! Lewis is a lap down you know what to do!"

Lip Out wrote: »
    You tend to wear some very substantial blinkers when it comes to Bottas.

Bottas is ****e this weekend alright, no argument, but I can't take statements like

"As a result of Bottas forcing him onto the grass"

when the everyone else can see that he didn't.

• Advertisement

Most of the drivers of the past would have their necks snap if they tried a few laps in these yokes.

And the drivers of today would have there arms snap trying to change gear manually..No power steering either the full list of driver aids they have today. There is no comparison.

We will. And I think it’s a decision that could go either way.

Show me my ‘anti-Bottas bias’ and tell me where I am wrong.

You’re chatting absolute sh*te as you always do. Piss off.

Wow, you need to calm down there or you'll hit a wall.

Lads since when is there an anti bottas group here ? He’s easily more likeable then his teammate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Russell is a disaster. Not a bit of race sense in his whole body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Regardless of the incident, Bottas was so far off the pace today its almost laughable. He was lapped by Hamilton at the half-way point in the race.

If Hamilton wins this I'll be a bit upset to be honest

• Advertisement

Bottas is ****e this weekend alright, no argument, but I can't take statements like

"As a result of Bottas forcing him onto the grass"

when the everyone else can see that he didn't.

I’m not the only one in this thread that sees it differently. But you have a weird obsession with my posts that you lie to make it look like I’m on my own.

I’ve pointed out three times I want to see an on-board from Bottas, but for whatever reason you ignore that because you want to start a row.

You’ve said f*ck all throughout the entire race until now. Seriously. Weird obsession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Is it not a bit unheard of for a finn to be so bad in the wet? Germany and Turkey wet races he was useless too.

Wow, you need to calm down there or you'll hit a wall.

Kind of like Bottas because he was as slow as a Williams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

A good drop of rain now would cause all mighty hell.lets hope

I reckon Yuki Tsunoda will finish in the points again, not bad starting from last. How is it he can drive his car and Fernando Alonso the legend can't?

• Advertisement

Jesus max relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

MadYaker wrote: »
    If Hamilton wins this I'll be a bit upset to be honest

Well, looking at what Max and Kimi have done on that lap before the start he has a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I reckon Yuki Tsunoda will finish in the points again, not bad starting from last. How is it he can drive his car and Fernando Alonso the legend can't?

How's that going?

Ferrari win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Oh god Max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye Yuki is showing great promise, of all the newish drivers on the grid he seems to have the most potential!

Well it was good while it lasted.

Tut tut. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Bottas and Russell was a racing incident in my mind.

Bottas was focused on keeping dry line, veering to the right. It didn’t look like he realized Russell was overtaking him until it was too late and then tried to jolt to the left.

Russell on the other hand got spooked and moved. Minute he touched the side he was gone. He keeps it straight he’d have it cleanly.

Bit of both in my view. Love to see the fiery exchange after though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Aw Yuki :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement