Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online system failing during transaction processing

Options
  • 15-04-2021 2:33pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, this is very simple.

You need as a matter of massive priority to get your on line system stable, working and reliable. If I spend the time to set up a payee, and use it, I don't expect to get messages back a few weeks later telling me that you can't process the transaction at this time when I go through the process of trying to make a payment to a payee that has been previously used.

If this is an example of the way things are going to be going forward, I am seriously going to consider if a Bank of Ireland account is a viable way to proceed, it was bad enough on the old app, but it was at least stable. 

To say I am not impressed would be putting it mildly, you had long enough to get it right, and clearly, that didn't happen. 

Telling a supplier that the on line banking system is down doesn't hack it, all it does is create an impression that we have a problem, when that very much is NOT the case. 

My susprcion, though I cannot prove it, is that your technical people have made decisions about the length of time between entering the PIN and seeing the second "swipe" validation that have no basis in reality, given the loading that is now the normal on the internet, as a result of the number of people still working from home. 

If that is the case, then there is a major problem, and it's unlikely to improve any time soon.

I'm sure that you will pass this on to the relevant section, but I am also sure that "the relevant section" will not be commenting any time soon, so we're left in a vacuum about what BOI are actually doing to sort out the problems they have caused.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

OK, this is very simple.

You need as a matter of massive priority to get your on line system stable, working and reliable. If I spend the time to set up a payee, and use it, I don't expect to get messages back a few weeks later telling me that you can't process the transaction at this time when I go through the process of trying to make a payment to a payee that has been previously used.

If this is an example of the way things are going to be going forward, I am seriously going to consider if a Bank of Ireland account is a viable way to proceed, it was bad enough on the old app, but it was at least stable. 

To say I am not impressed would be putting it mildly, you had long enough to get it right, and clearly, that didn't happen. 

Telling a supplier that the on line banking system is down doesn't hack it, all it does is create an impression that we have a problem, when that very much is NOT the case. 

My susprcion, though I cannot prove it, is that your technical people have made decisions about the length of time between entering the PIN and seeing the second "swipe" validation that have no basis in reality, given the loading that is now the normal on the internet, as a result of the number of people still working from home. 

If that is the case, then there is a major problem, and it's unlikely to improve any time soon.

I'm sure that you will pass this on to the relevant section, but I am also sure that "the relevant section" will not be commenting any time soon, so we're left in a vacuum about what BOI are actually doing to sort out the problems they have caused.
    Hi Irish Steve,

Thanks for reaching out to us today and we really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback. 

We're really sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty making this transfer. If you continue to experience difficulty making a payment, you can certainly check this on 365 by selecting "services" > "send us a message" and one of our colleagues can check this for you.

If you wish to lodge your dissatisfaction formally on our online platform, we have attached a link here.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement