Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Scorpion & Frog coalition according to Gavin Reilly with both FF/FG blaming each other.

Sleepy Greens nowhere to be seen and just propping up the other pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sinn Fein did the smart thing last week. They let the corruption, murder charge, database stuff and all that lie. Meanwhile they readied an arsenal on what the government is weakest on.

While construction stalls are outside of the government's hands (due to Covid), the issue in relation to vulture funds and large corporations buying up property which the government should be the proprietors of is a pressing concern. The ball is firmly in the government's court on this. If they feck this up they will suffer, and rightly so.

Once we come out of Covid we should be full steam ahead in terms of residential construction. The rewards from that shouldn't be threatened in advance due to legislative ineptitude.

Councils are hoovering up new estates to house "the homeless" and people on the housing list who couldn't be arsed working, not all.

All ahead of people working and breaking their balls trying to get a mortgage and a house.

This is worst in my view.

Councils are hoovering up new estates to house "the homeless" and people on the housing list who couldn't be arsed working, not all.

All ahead of people working and breaking their balls trying to get a mortgage and a house.

I really hope FG use your excuse of blaming the homeless and those on SW in relation to this.
    I really do.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I really hope FG use your excuse of blaming the homeless and those on SW in relation to this.
    I really do.

In relation to what?

In relation to what?

The current crisis within your party and their coalition buddies re housing.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    The current crisis within your party and their coalition buddies re housing.

Oh so do I.

I really do.

But they won't because their cowards and afraid they might upset some people and loose some votes.

Someone needs to speak out and put and end to this mad spending and buying of houses by government.

It's all gonna end exactly like 20 years ago.

Noone has the balls to put the brakes on.

Government shouldn't be interfering in the market to this extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Labour say they are going to introduce the Minister's 2019 bill "word for word" if he does not do so himself before the end of the week.

I wonder what Dail tricks they will use to avoid that one. I am already looking forward to the weekend radio.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Labour say they are going to introduce the Minister's 2019 bill "word for word" if he does not do so himself before the end of the week.

I wonder what Dail tricks they will use to avoid that one. I am already looking forward to the weekend radio.

What happened to the bill when he introduced it in 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

None of this is accurate.

Shebean wrote: »
    None of this is accurate.

Are you saying councils aren't outbidding first time buyers in new housing estates?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/construction/local-councils-can-build-social-housing-at-half-the-cost-of-private-developers-1.4411980?mode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Interesting times for FF, if things weren't as bad for then already with the covid handling they are running very close to getting branded as selling the country out again. This time though the spectre of foreign landlords it has more resonance than anything before.

Not to the same extent as vulture funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Make a mug of Tay.

Pull up a chair.

Some nice evening reading for you all.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1390034570129641477?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

If FG are incapable of changing or worse unaware of how housing is they should feel pretty embarrassed, if you were to buy into either.
    I'd say FF were delighted FG did all the dirty work by the time they formed the coalition.
    The Green Party are very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What happened to the bill when he introduced it in 2019?

Not sure but the debate is here...

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/debate/dail/2019-11-27/33/

FF brought forward the bill. SF and Labour supported it. I imagine the FG government shot it down.
    The specific goal of the Bill is to prevent the bulk buying of entire developments by investment funds or the State which freezes out first-time buyers.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

FG TD Griffin calling for Noonan's legislation to be reversed in relation to Vulture funds. Is the message slowly sinking in with these clowns?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Not sure but the debate is here...

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/debate/dail/2019-11-27/33/

FF brought forward the bill. SF and Labour supported it. I imagine the FG government shot it down.

That's the bit I don't get. FG didn't have a majority. So if FF voted for it then it would have had a good chance of getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

On it's own, reason enough to end the power swap for once and for all.

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/ireland-investment-housing-5428746-May2021/?utm_source=twitter_short

They would have taken it down with a money message
    I'm not sure if they are still valid
    They're definitely not used now obviously as the government have a majority

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/move-to-stop-d%C3%A1il-order-which-blocks-bills-on-potential-cost-1.3935117

On it's own, reason enough to end the power swap for once and for all.

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/ireland-investment-housing-5428746-May2021/?utm_source=twitter_short

I see the author is an advocate for the right to housing to be brought in.

Happy days are here again lads.

• Advertisement

I see the author is an advocate for the right to housing to be brought in.

Happy days are here again lads.

Bob The Builder could have written that article JJ and it would still have nailed the issues.

Bob The Builder could have written that article JJ and it would still have nailed the issues.

His whole idea comes down to this.

Everyone should have a right to a house supplied to them by the state.

Now are you honestly telling me this is workable, sustainable and actually an idea that could happen?

Be honest.

His whole idea comes down to this.

Everyone should have a right to a house supplied to them by the state.

Now are you honestly telling me this is workable, sustainable and actually an idea that could happen?

Be honest.

It is his outlining of what FF and FG have done...how we have got here, is what is exercising people.

It is his outlining of what FF and FG have done...how we have got here, is what is exercising people.

But his solution is a house for everyone supplied by the state.

It's bonkers.

But easy for him to say as he knows it won't happen as its near impossible.

Still though he comes out looking like the hero we don't deserve.

But his solution is a house for everyone supplied by the state.

It's bonkers.

But easy for him to say as he knows it won't happen as its near impossible.

Still though he comes out looking like the hero we don't deserve.

He IS NOT trending because of his solution though. He is trending because he has succinctly and savagely outlined how we have got here. I don't think I have ever seen an article like this retweeted so many times.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Dr%20Rory%20Hearne%22&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

Having a mechanism where you bring in a temporary ban on foreign buyers including funds tied to house price inflation going above 1 or 2% similar to rent pressure zones seems like a reasonable compromise to me
    The problem doesn't require 100's of pages in books wrote on the subject
    Just effective action
    2000 semi public houses a year isn't worth a fart in my opinion

He IS NOT trending because of his solution though. He is trending because he has succinctly and savagely outlined how we have got here. I don't think I have ever seen an article like this retweeted so many times.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Dr%20Rory%20Hearne%22&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

That's great and all.

But what about solutions?

Or are you just happy to stick it to FG/FF again.

It's rare I click into twitter but from what I can see a lot of people are questioning this article from the point of view it gives the government too much credit that they could plan something like this.

That's great and all.

But what about solutions?

Or are you just happy to stick it to FG/FF again.

I'm a consumer and citizen. I am not the expert or politician. I am talking about the problem created, which is clearly laid out here.

They need to take action and undo the problem they created.

600 likes is defined as trending
    Jaysis
    Thats not even 2 tenths of 1 per cent of the population
    I agree with most of his idealism though
    He ran for the senate once

• Advertisement

600 likes is defined as trending
    Jaysis
    Thats not even 2 tenths of 1 per cent of the population
    I agree with most of his idealism though
    He ran for the senate once

Do you agree with a house for everyone supplied by the state?

A right to housing.

Advertisement