Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The long knives have been out for Martin since before he became Taoiseach. Which is a shame, as he's a genuinely decent politician, and a true Republican. FF won't see his like again.

Journeyman who jumped ship at the right time, won't be remembered well or long,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FF took the following ministries during a pandemic: Health, Housing, Education, Agriculture (3 times) and Public Expenditure/Reform.

What were they thinking? No winners there. All so that MMartin would become Taoiseach.

It was exactly that. Martin didn't want to be the only FF leader not to be Taoiseach so hence we've ended up with the mess we have now (more on that in a min though). Enda Kenny did the same of course so he could be the only FG Taoiseach to "win" a second term - hence we ended up with the likes of Ross, Zappone and an even weaker cabinet under Leo.
    I don't see an election until 2022. All 3 coalition parties will lose seats. The civil war power swap will be over.

As I said in a different thread this morning, "confidence and supply" was an amazing thing for the FF/FG negotiators and built upon by the current coalition arrangement.
    Now they can legitimately swap seats every few years (with whatever mud guards to make up the numbers) and retain governance indefinitely.

SF in power would be worse than anything we've seen yet and I think most people (that actually vote) realise this. I'm sure the "gimmie" types would be all for it, but those who actually pay for everything not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I mean us pay for everything middle class people do that and get nothing back from the government as it is and see others get a lot instead so voting in SF isn't really going to change that. At least I expect them to so that if I voted for them, unlike voting for FG or FF who sell out their voters as soon as they're in then

titan18 wrote: »
    I mean us pay for everything middle class people do that and get nothing back from the government as it is and see others get a lot instead so voting in SF isn't really going to change that. At least I expect them to so that if I voted for them, unlike voting for FG or FF who sell out their voters as soon as they're in then

The sellout to the cuckoo funds is typical FF/FG, roll over like a wee dog for a belly rub once they smell money, am I the only one who thought Deja vu when the heard the news this week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

https://www.businesspost.ie/houses/property-funds-outbid-housing-bodies-by-up-to-eur80k-per-home-cae507dc
    Property funds outbid housing bodies by ‘up to €80k per home’.
    More than 400 units snapped up by institutional funds in the past 4 weeks

How did FFG completely ignore this when publishing the new houseing plan/bill??
    It's hard to fathom the incompetence or thinking...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

https://www.businesspost.ie/houses/property-funds-outbid-housing-bodies-by-up-to-eur80k-per-home-cae507dc

How did FFG completely ignore this when publishing the new houseing plan/bill.

'Quite easily' by the looks of things.

FFer on the week in politics today, every question answered with SF this,SF that, if he's their best of the best the worst must be pretty terrible

How did FFG completely ignore this when publishing the new houseing plan/bill??

It can be dealt with in committee stage though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭votecounts

As Covid passes, the original issues of the 2020 election are coming back into peoples mind which are Housing and Health, both a joke. FF and FG have allowed these cuckoo/vulture funds to exist and outbid FTBs with their Tax advantages. I'm lucky to have my own house, but I know plenty of people with good permanent jobs whose housing options are quite limited, just look at the prices.
    Back to Micheal Martin, I never thought we'd have any politician who was so closely linked with the crash as Taoiseach. I can fully understand why people will look at other options when there is an election.

It can be dealt with in committee stage though

Oh right.

Because of the public uproar or because it was a good idea back in 2018??

;)

• Advertisement

Oh right.

Because of the public uproar or because it was a good idea back in 2018??

;)

Because of the unacceptable turn of events

Because of the unacceptable turn of events

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

votecounts wrote: »
    Back to Micheal Martin, I never thought we'd have any politician who was so closely linked with the crash as Taoiseach. I can fully understand why people will look at other options when there is an election.

Be surprised if Martin is leading FF into the next election.

Be surprised if Martin is leading FF into the next election.

2 Hopes....Bob and none. Jim will have the reins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Jim will have the reins.

I don't think that's a done deal, and the results of the DBS by-election could play into that in a big way. If the FF candidate absolutely tanks, that would cast serious doubt over JOC's capacity to hold his own seat and hence IMO over his leadership credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I was thinking that FF will hold on till its swop time, and then mulybe they will pull. It will be promise nd promise and openly challenge FG legacy policies eg the housing for the next few months

The problem for FF if they do that is that they can then be painted as a coalition partner who can't be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I don't think that's a done deal, and the results of the DBS by-election could play into that in a big way. If the FF candidate absolutely tanks, that would cast serious doubt over JOC's capacity to hold his own seat and hence IMO over his leadership credentials.

Martin may well have cleverly set him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

FFer on the week in politics today, every question answered with SF this,SF that, if he's their best of the best the worst must be pretty terrible

Actually its Martin Heydon a junior FG minister.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Actually its Martin Heydon a junior FG minister.

Orwellian mistake,

Government getting a rough ride on Claire Byrne now. The housing problem is causing so much anger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Tip of the iceberg, everything has been on the back burner due to covid and its been made worse. My own bug bear is disability services, having a public health nurse telling you its scandalous that the local services are on hold because staff are re-assigned to covid testing ect is disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Are FG really going to pick that scab again?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Jesus christ, they only way they will reintroduce water charges again, is if someone has a physical gun to governments head and i will emigrate, before I'd listen to that bull**** all over again. Free water for all the usual suspects and the other usual suspects, paying for it all...

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Jesus christ, they only way they will reintroduce water charges again, is if someone has a physical fun to governments head and inwill emigrate, but I'd listen to that bull**** all over again. Free water for all the usual suspects and the other usual suspects, paying for it all...

I welcome it too purely for the comedic value from the Coalition of Chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I welcome it too purely for the comedic value from the Coalition of Chaos.

Tbf, this is not the coalition proposing this as yet.
    But of course let's make it them anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Jesus christ, they only way they will reintroduce water charges again, is if someone has a physical gun to governments head and i will emigrate, before I'd listen to that bull**** all over again. Free water for all the usual suspects and the other usual suspects, paying for it all...

Yep once again.

SF and Paul Murphy calling for the tax payer to find it.

Remember 900,000 people don't pay tax.

So it's the middle again to fund it like everything else.

Tbf, this is not the coalition proposing this as yet.
    But of course let's make it them anyway?

Oh I know that. Just looking forward to their reaction, that's all.

Yep once again.

Glad to see SF and Murphy in govt here dictating policy.
    Oh wait....

• Advertisement

Yep once again.

Shur, the taxpayer paid for Murphy’s “free” Legal Aid over the Jobstown incident. Tis a great country.

Advertisement