Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Floppybits wrote: »
    All it is is tinkering around at the edges to try quell the anger for a bit. They have no interest in stopping Vulture funds from buying up homes. If they did they would have acted sooner. There is also the possibility that FF do want to make the necessary changes but FG have them by the short and curly's and are telling them that if they make the changes they will make things very hard for them.

Reports are already blowing this out of the water. Are they really taking people for fools and thinking they'll get away with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

CDarby wrote: »
    FG are "one of the two of them" I'm referring to, in the post you quoted.

Oh I get you now.

Who do you reckon will be the next government if FF and FG won't be part of it?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Reports are already blowing this out of the water. Are they really taking people for fools and thinking they'll get away with it?

I’m starting to think that the Govt really doesn’t have a clue how angry people are at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Nice win for SF, if they can land a blow with demonstrations and painting FG and FF as the shield for foreign landlords they could do some serious damage.

After all the pressure last week I don't think his bill will be received how Darragh wanted it to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

Absolutely ridiculous by Chambers. So the SF housing policy that cannot work, due to the costs of building is introduced. If it works SF get the credit, if it doesn't the government get the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

piplip87 wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous by Chambers. So the SF housing policy that cannot work, due to the costs of building is introduced. If it works SF get the credit, if it doesn't the government get the blame.

Does the motion mean anything, or is it just the usual hot air?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Govt of chaos and confusion continues.....

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1394759937662799885?s=19

FF lads revolting now. Everyone knew this would happen, Martin is a spineless, power hungry wuss.

https://twitter.com/unspeakable28/status/1394732823433596931?s=19

Govt plans savaged according to news reports and rightly so. As reported elsewhere a 2% stamp duty rate already is in force for purchases over €1,000,000 so it's an 8% increase.
    Take that new 10% rate on a portfolio which has a 5% yield and the stamp duty is paid off after 2 years.
    Everything else is tax free after that for the Reits.
    FFG still enabling Vultures and pushing down on young purchasers.

Isn't posting shinner/left supporting tweets here a bit like posting tweets from the Pope to support catholicism :D

• Advertisement

Isn't posting shinner/left supporting tweets here a bit like posting tweets from the Pope to support catholicism :D

But, but SF deflection from the usual suspects.

But, but SF deflection from the usual suspects.

How is that deflection,its a valid point and it refers to government criticism
    Did you not like it?
    On topic :)

Pat Kenny knocking the FFG housing plan out of the park and illustrating how easily it will be for developers and vultures to circumvent this package.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Pat Kenny knocking the FFG housing plan out of the park and illustrating how easily it will be for developers and vultures to circumvent this package.

You can tell FG do not want to make any changes to this. All they are doing now is tinkering at the edges, if even that, and that is only to try quell the anger. We are seeing now what FG and FF are really about.

You can tell FG do not want to make any changes to this. All they are doing now is tinkering at the edges, if even that, and that is only to try quell the anger. We are seeing now what FG and FF are really about.

I hope those who are affected take heed.

I hope those who are affected take heed.

The focus needs to be kept on the issue. The government have another couple of years to go so I can see them throwing out a few crumbs to people coming up to the election, the usual tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

I'm 26 and genuinely feel hopeless about the prospect of having my own home in the next 10 years. I understand covid has affected construction but the lack of urgency in the government's message about delivering housing on public land has me looking for jobs in Europe. I'd rather rent at a more affordable rate for the next 10 years if I'm going to be renting at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Oymyakon wrote: »
    I'm 26 and genuinely feel hopeless about the prospect of having my own home in the next 10 years. I understand covid has affected construction but the lack of urgency in the government's message about delivering housing on public land has me looking for jobs in Europe. I'd rather rent at a more affordable rate for the next 10 years if I'm going to be renting at all.

this is all coming to a head now, our governments current and past, have all largely failed to address this, major change has to come, and i suspect it will, your generation have had enough, and to be honest, so to have many older generations, even those indirectly effected. please dont give up, we ll all need to work together to try resolve this critical issue

And nothing for renters in this latest plan. I feel sorry for you, as I've two daughters in similar position as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Heard MM telling Mary Lou in the Dáil that SF have objected to 16 housing developments out of 21 in Dublin.

Strange one I thought but they seem to have all the answers and people believe them so let's see what they come up with.

SF are utterly shameless when it comes to speaking out of both sides of their mouth

They block development all of the time and five minutes later stamp their feet about how the government "isn't doing anything about the housing shortage "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    SF are utterly shameless when it comes to speaking out of both sides of their mouth

They block development all of the time and five minutes later stamp their feet about how the government "isn't doing anything about the housing shortage "

Just on that ..... Didn't hear it myself, but if this is true......

https://twitter.com/olivercallan/status/1394944034255298560?s=19

Do the gombeens in cabinet literally draw up their plans using crayons?

McMurphy wrote: »

Heard it there on Claire Byrnes show and has been ignored.

Heard it there on Claire Byrnes show and has been ignored.

It's a good show this morning.

They are saying passing the SF motion yesterday was 'human error'.

The housing issue is causing massive damage to FFG. It will be a major failure point at the next election no matter what they do to repair it now. They are more or less admitting that they would have continued allowing cuckoo funds to run riot until the public and opposition reacted.

I imagine there will be more on that revelation today.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Have you looked at the cost of rental in any part of Europe?

If you want to live in a capital city like Dublin, and within reasonable commuting distance, you will pay at least the same as Dublin.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Have you looked at the cost of rental in any part of Europe?

If you want to live in a capital city like Dublin, and within reasonable commuting distance, you will pay at least the same as Dublin.

In other words, suck it up. Straight from the FFG playbook.

SF led Dublin city council bought 260 homes in 2018
    Pot kettle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

RBoyd Barret is PBP fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Bbbut the shinners!

The tweet is referring to institutional investors buying houses, not local authorities.

Also councillors do not get a massive say in what houses the council purchases or leases. The council staff are semi-autonomous and IIRC they do not need permission from councillors to do these things.

• Advertisement

timmyntc wrote: »
    Bbbut the shinners!

The tweet is referring to institutional investors buying houses, not local authorities.

Also councillors do not get a massive say in what houses the council purchases or leases. The council staff are semi-autonomous and IIRC they do not need permission from councillors to do these things.

Its not but but the shinners
    The shinners are giving out about government spending money buying homes that people want,yet they're happy to buy them themselves pushing first time buyers out (instead of building new ones)
    Its typical both sides of mouths territory

Advertisement