Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Everyone has access to twitter. This is boards. Do you go around sharing posts from boards onto twitter?

Totally pointless just dropping in random tweets as some sort of proof. If that was the case sure why doesn't boards just shut down and refer everyone to the cess pool that is twitter.

As I said if I was interested in what someone had to post on twitter I would log onto twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Would ya ever go away and address the issues raised and stop censoring.

You do know you can scroll past stuff that conveniently doesn't 'interest' you?

Again, the culture YOU defend has taken a massive hit here, hot on the heels of another failed attempt to install somebody in a comfy position at the tax payers expense.

When will these people get around to giving us the 'New politics' that we were promised?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Should that Provost's statement not have Read....

"This is a enormous loss for Irelands Makey Uppy Positions program "

I seem to recall Trinity cared less about Public Health research, until Tony and Robert came up with the exciting new Role?

Wether it's popular or not, Public Health research is not sexy enough for educational institutions and doesn't attract much private funding for research, like for example Cancer research. Trinity were fully aware little or no funding would be achievable and knew Tony's salary would have to be funded by the DOH or State, who better to do so, but the Taxpayer, sure it's only Public Money. It was clear Tony, had he succeeded in getting this position, could have possibly been in this cosy arrangement for a minimim of 10 years, that's approximately €1.8 million x 2 if DOH were also going to hire a spare CMO.

This arrangement was utterly absurd and Ludicrous in every respect from the Outset.

As I've said repeatedly, if Trinity were happy to fund this, fine but clearly they were not and that in itself speaks volumes as to the sincerity around developing a Public Health Research program.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Philip Nolan nails the reasons why this should not be allowed to go away. Every rock needs to be lifted on this one to see what crawls out.

Censorship? Do you understand what that means?

Boards is a discussion forum to chat with other people and give your opinion

Not pages of just people sharing tweets as if they are some sort of proof.

People use boards for the specific reason it isn’t twitter. If you want to use Twitter nobody is stopping you.

I ain’t defending anything here apart from boards doesn’t need to end up full of a pile of retweets from the latest fake twitter accounts

• Advertisement

For a second, I thought it was a different Philip Nolan 😁

'Proof'?

Who fecking presented them as proof BA?

They are presented as points of discussion.

If you don't have anything to add, scroll past.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭CarProblem

@brokenangel - has anyone said a tweet is "proof"? Please quote if so

I assume it's no different to quoting a post on here you agree/disagree with. Oh look someone said something on here/on twitter/over a pint in the pub. It was a fair point, I agree with them. That's all

But of course you (and others) know that but by dismissing it as a twitter dump (or words to that effect) you avoid having to respond to the point made. See also when posters talk about outrage and anger (usually when there's none).

Post edited by CarProblem on

Spot on. BA has done nothing but try and deflect the discussion here when he can't defend anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

100% correct. It's an infantile level of debate. Throws the toys out of the pram every time the facts go against the blinkered narrative.

Two different platforms. It is well known twitter is just full of dummy accounts created by certain parties. If people want to use twitter by all means use it. At this stage we have the same few accounts who don't share their opinion just drop in loads of tweets from accounts which we have no idea if the person behind it has 10 or 100 accounts.

If I wanted to respond to a tweet I would do it on Twitter, the platform the tweet was made on.

Is the poster copying and pasting posts on boards onto Twitter? if that is the case I would suggest boards need to look into that.

Yes asking someone to use twitter for tweets and boards for posts is "infantile".

As I said if I was interested in the latest rubbish on the cess pool of twitter I would log onto it. I decide to use boards and don't need thread full of stupid tweets as some sort of "proof"

If you don't twitter dump all the time then nobody can defect anything can they? Just an idea

We all are aware of the problems boards had with multiple accounts so people can agree with each themselves and sway the conversation. Every online platform is the same now with multiple accounts, reddit is also riddled with them.

A twitter dump is the exact same thing. Just create a twitter account, post some rubbish that agree's with yourself and then post as proof.

It's the exact same issue as having multiple boards accounts.

Especially when everyone is aware of the amount of twitter fake accounts been used.

I posted the tweet because I agree with it BA. And I asked what the view was here.

If you have nothing to say, scroll past and stop the attempt to censor the thread. If posting a tweet with a comment is against the rules then talk to a mod.

It is not even remotely like a 'twitter dump'.

Know your terminology.

A distain for free speech and discussion...theres a reason,they never fully shook off the name blueshirts

Free speech? cop on to yourself.

As I said if you want to use twitter then use twitter, if you want to use board then use boards. How is that stopping free speech?

Let's see your proof that these are 'fake' accounts BA.

What's the bets this is just another feeble attempt to deflect the thread which is dealing with issues you clearly cannot defend.

Just to be abundantly clear the Quoted Tweet from Philip Nolan is NOT a fake account or indeed "Makey Uppy" , so to speak 😁

• Advertisement

It's the same as creating another boards account and just agreeing with yourself to sway the discussion.

Boards has no control over the twitter account and shouldn't have because it's another platform.

I don't need any "proof". Boards and twitter are two separate platform. I am sure if I could be bothered I could trawl over twitter to find plenty of posts to sway the discussion here to what I want, but that would be very disingenuous.

What utter nonsense.

Boards has used every media from time to time to add to the debate.

Just because you don't like what is said doesn't mean you get to censor it.

Trinity have a 150k cap on Professors. Why didn't they ask the government to pay the balance from some other budget (37k)? The Dept of Health will need all the money they can get to implement Slaintecare (if they ever do) and stop experts resigning in frustration at lack of progress.

Robert Watt is trending today 😉 I bet he thought his 81k would be long forgotten.

🤣

This man has essentially killed Slaintecare.

Whilst most people with common sense can spot a fake Twitter account , just because a post from an absolutely genuine account might contain commentary that is disagreeable doesn't turn it magically into a Fake account, there's a little silliness at play here.

Look at the post in question. You managed a single line and then pointed to a tweet which is just some random person on twitter. You are clearly swaying the discussion to your point of view. So you trawled over twitter to get a tweet which backed up your point of view and then fired it into a thread.

If you want to discuss the tweet with the person then use twitter as that the platform the person put the tweet out on.

Plus boards cannot confirm who is behind that account as on another platform.

Censor. Maybe if you say it enough time someone might agree with you. Except if it was censorship then I would stop you from posting on all platforms. We are back to you not understanding the meaning of a word

Boards for boards and twitter for twitter

That's not censorship

I posted both tweets because they express views I hadn't thought about.

Of course I am 'swaying the discussion'. I want you to deal with the issues raised.

'Boards for boards and Twitter for Twitter' is an attempt to censor views all day long. There is NO rule on posting from other social media here as long as it is relevant to the discussion.

Now away you go, done discussing this.

I suggest you google the explanation for what censorship is.

The tweet was put onto twitter, so the person or persons who put it up wanted to discuss it on twitter. If they wanted to discuss on boards they would have posted it on boards.

If I can't get anyone to agree with my posts then find something on twitter as share it as proof, as I said what is to stop people just creating a twitter account to put information up on it and then share here?

If you wanted to discuss it as you claim, then you would have bothered to write a little mone than :"Good observation, this is a loss for a culture fostered by a toxic power swap" wouldn't you?

Anyway it's off topic and I made my point.Clear and concise as usual

Post edited by brokenangel on

Good article here in Indo.

I heard today that all public sector secondments should have a fixed term. How was this one indefinite?

• Advertisement

The latest shambles beginning to emerge. I agree with Hearne, the warnings were clear at the time that this was going to happen. Pretty clear housing is going to be high on the agenda even if this government lasts the term.

Advertisement