Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Oh I doubt that
    No instability and too many important things to be done after we are all vaccinated

Don't get me wrong, I want this dysfunctional government to last as long as possible. I love that FF and FG are in coalition and will be clearly identified as 2 sides of the same coin. However the chickens are coming home to roost.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

General election isn't untill 2025
    Thats 4 years away almost

So almost 4 X times the calamities of the last year? Buckle up and enjoy the show boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

skimpydoo wrote: »

A subsidy for scrotes to have sex... I agree with him. Scrap it, cant afford kids, dont have them. Dont expect me or you to pay for them... pay welfare based on what you paid in, if you lose your job...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Murph85 wrote:
    A subsidy for scrotes to have sex... I agree with him. Scrap it, cant afford kids, dont have them. Dont expect me or you to pay for them... pay welfare based on what you paid in, if you lose your job...

So if they do continue to have kids, what then?

Again, most welfare money ends up going straight back into the economy, increasing economic activities, by reducing welfare payments, this in return reduces these activities

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

https://twitter.com/JoeEDwyer/status/1397136314852691969

Sums up Fine Gael well, plead ignorance on British Massacres but appear very knowledgeable on the IRA.
    Patrick O'Donovan is a class example thinking the Ira was responsible for the Dublin/Monaghan Bombing, we vote in the smartest:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Floppybits

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JoeEDwyer/status/1397136314852691969

Sums up Fine Gael well, plead ignorance on British Massacres but appear very knowledgeable on the IRA.
    Patrick O'Donovan is a class example thinking the Ira was responsible for the Dublin/Monaghan Bombing, we vote in the smartest:D

We were told that paying higher wages to politicians to attract a wider variety of people and better politicians, all it seems to gave got us is more village idiots and more TD's whose daddy, grand daddy etc were politicians. Sean Haughty I'm looking at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Murph85 wrote: »

Have you read what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Think you've got it arse about face

https://m.independent.ie/news/paying-child-benefit-to-all-parents-is-a-subsidy-for-them-to-have-sex-fine-gael-councillor-40462322.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

When banks or business are against the wall the tax payer is expected to take the hit. Even well to do individuals and couples can have millions written off.
    But when a person loses their job and needs welfare or other supports they are 'scrotes' gaming the system, pretending.
    I'd rather help out someone struggling to get by than some dodgy business, bank or RTE presenter behind on their multimillion mortgage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Shebean wrote: »
    When banks or business are against the wall the tax payer is expected to take the hit. Even well to do individuals and couples can have millions written off.
    But when a person loses their job and needs welfare or other supports they are 'scrotes' gaming the system, pretending.
    I'd rather help out someone struggling to get by than some dodgy business, bank or RTE presenter behind on their multimillion mortgage.

The people who lose their job and need welfare aren't the ones people are talking about when they say some are gaming the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Well FG have distanced themselves from him and his comments now according to Sean Defoe.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Well FG have distanced themselves from him and his comments now according to Sean Defoe.

I keep thinking these guys watched Rik Mayall in The New Statesman and thought it was a documentary

The people who lose their job and need welfare aren't the ones people are talking about when they say some are gaming the system.

How many of the 4/5% unemployed, (pre covid) are we talking about? If we subtract the sick, part time and low income earners, how many are gaming or pretending do you reckon? It's a bogeyman tale.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How many of the 4/5% unemployed, (pre covid) are we talking about? If we subtract the sick, part time and low income earners, how many are gaming or pretending do you reckon? It's a bogeyman tale.

No idea to be honest but the sick, part time and low income earners aren't included in the unemployment rate anyway. It does happen though.

No idea to be honest but the sick, part time and low income earners aren't included in the unemployment rate anyway. It does happen though.

If you work three days or less or had your hours reduced to that you could be eligible for Job seekers allowance. I would have thought if you received unemployment assistance you were included in any unemployment figures but I know the government like to play with numbers.

Either way if we don't know how much of the 5 or 4 % we are talking about it's difficult to give much credence to the 'scrote' elements impact on the economy. It's often used to excuse poor or crony policy.

If you work three days or less or had your hours reduced to that you could be eligible for Job seekers allowance. I would have thought if you received unemployment assistance you were included in any unemployment figures but I know the government like to play with numbers.

Either way if we don't know how much of the 5 or 4 % we are talking about it's difficult to give much credence to the 'scrote' elements impact on the economy. It's often used to excuse poor or crony policy.

They are considered casual workers and don't count towards the unemployment rate.

Yes we don't know how much are gaming the system but the same can be said of the businesses and individuals you describe in your post. So, why do the people gaming the welfare system not get much credence but the companies and individuals getting bailed out you describe do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

They are considered casual workers and don't count towards the unemployment rate.

Yes we don't know how much are gaming the system but the same can be said of the businesses and individuals you describe in your post. So, why do the people gaming the welfare system not get much credence but the companies and individuals getting bailed out you describe do?

Because at least they actually are working...

Because at least they actually are working...

I don't get you. How are the unemployed working? By definition they aren't working. Even if they are working, how is it ok to game the welfare system?

People not earning enough to be self sufficient, getting job seeker allowance aren't listed? Fair enough.

I mentioned gaming as part of the story that generally goes towards people on welfare being 'scrotes' as someone said. I was pointing out that we don't know how many are gaming or taking advantage so we can't put much weight or blame on these mystery people. They are anecdotal.
    I can point to 41.7 billion in bailouts/generational debt and Teresa Lowe, not that that's all down to gaming but for all the crony appointments, fraud and waste we do know of, it's tough to take people throwing up 'scrotes' on welfare as a major cause.

We just had SD and SF try and fail to block new housing in Finglas. No doubt we'll have people on posting about NIMBYISM and hypocrites as I've been reading. While FF patted those who got it through on the back thanking them for their work, but if you look as to why SF and the SD's objected it's because 60% will be private, 20% for social and 20% for affordable, on public land and the project will take ten years, too long in their opinion.

We just had SD and SF try and fail to block new housing in Finglas. No doubt we'll have people on posting about NIMBYISM and hypocrites as I've been reading. While FF patted those who got it through on the back thanking them for their work, but if you look as to why SF and the SD's objected it's because 60% will be private, 20% for social and 20% for affordable, on public land and the project will take ten years, too long in their opinion.

This is the stick that FG and FF use all the time to beat anyone with who oppose housing and usually the reason for opposing the planning is that it usually involves the land being handed over to the developer as we saw in the opposition to the housing planned in Coolock/Santry. When this happens you have FF and FG as usual saying SF or SD are opposing housing when really they are opposing the giving away of land to developers. I don't think opposing planning because they are giving away land is NIMBYISM but FG especially love to throw that out there as it deflects for the absolute shambles they have made of housing. The housing issue and what we are seeing now is 100% FG fault.

Yes housing is major issue but that doesn't mean that we just hand over large tracts of land to developers for little or nothing and then they go and sell all the housing stock to vulture funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Floppybits wrote: »
    This is the stick that FG and FF use all the time to beat anyone with who oppose housing and usually the reason for opposing the planning is that it usually involves the land being handed over to the developer as we saw in the opposition to the housing planned in Coolock/Santry. When this happens you have FF and FG as usual saying SF or SD are opposing housing when really they are opposing the giving away of land to developers. I don't think opposing planning because they are giving away land is NIMBYISM but FG especially love to throw that out there as it deflects for the absolute shambles they have made of housing. The housing issue and what we are seeing now is 100% FG fault.

Yes housing is major issue but that doesn't mean that we just hand over large tracts of land to developers for little or nothing and then they go and sell all the housing stock to vulture funds.

Hopefully the voters won't be fooled by the Fg ff spin regarding this kind of carry on.

Billcarson wrote: »
    Hopefully the voters won't be fooled by the Fg ff spin regarding this kind of carry on.

The problem is that people are desperate to get housing and when they hear that FG or SD or someone is objecting to the planning permissions for housing then people get mad at them and ask why are blocking this. It may not be because they don't want certain housing in there area but more likely it is trying to stop public land being given away for peanuts.

I can see us ending up in a situation like we did in the housing boom where developers where building houses everywhere and when people bought the houses they found a myrid of problems or as is the case with a lot of them they can't get insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Floppybits wrote: »
    The problem is that people are desperate to get housing and when they hear that FG or SD or someone is objecting to the planning permissions for housing then people get mad at them and ask why are blocking this. It may not be because they don't want certain housing in there area but more likely it is trying to stop public land being given away for peanuts.

I can see us ending up in a situation like we did in the housing boom where developers where building houses everywhere and when people bought the houses they found a myrid of problems or as is the case with a lot of them they can't get insurance.

.........and houses being built everywhere and no proper planning or foresight,lack of infrastructure etc

• Registered Users Posts: 68,776 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fair play to the government and opposition on this.
    It is important that countries with our history are seen to stand up on issues like this.

https://www.thejournal.ie/israel-criticises-ireland-for-dail-vote-5449365-May2021/?utm_source=twitter_short

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Solid performance from Michael Martin this evening.
    Fells like a sensible pace of change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Let's hope now the momentum is kept up and we get back some sense of normality. Morale is good today all round.

Don't know if it was RTE or McConnalogue that put the picture of Bad Eddie behind him, strange choice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Another growing mini-crisis coming for FF as we move to our outside summer. https://www.thejournal.ie/bins-toilets-dublin-city-centre-5453186-May2021/ with the comments from DCC basically saying they cannot add anymore facilities as it encourages congregating this can and will have an impact on the plans on business.

If i was Darragh right now id be giving Cóilín O'Reilly a bollocking, what was a story about people not respecting guidelines has not turned back on the local council not providing decent supports.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

We have had Eoin O'Broin and others celebrating on Twitter when planning permission for more housing gets turned down. Why? Because he is playing politics with the issue. He has zero interest in housing for people.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    We have had Eoin O'Broin and others celebrating on Twitter when planning permission for more housing gets turned down. Why? Because he is playing politics with the issue. He has zero interest in housing for people.

It's just gifting land to developers to make a killing, more cronyism

Advertisement