Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

rob316 wrote: »
    FG have been in since FF collapsed the country, they have built nothing in that time. Waiting around for private developers to do it for them. The housing crisis is squarely on the feet of FG, if they have any ambition of remaining in power after the current term, they will be borrowing more and investing in building homes. COVID is done nearly, this is a national crisis that will have to be there number 1 priority to tackle or SF will stroll the next election.

absolutely, ffg are handing this straight over to sf, they could easily prevent this from happening, but its unlikely to occur, theyre unwilling to accept their previous approaches have all failed, but they keep defaulting to these approaches, this will more than likely lead to their own falling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

rob316 wrote: »
    FG have been in since FF collapsed the country, they have built nothing in that time. Waiting around for private developers to do it for them. The housing crisis is squarely on the feet of FG, if they have any ambition of remaining in power after the current term, they will be borrowing more and investing in building homes. COVID is done nearly, this is a national crisis that will have to be there number 1 priority to tackle or SF will stroll the next election.

I 100% agree. To think houses got knocked down after the crash, people complaining about "ghost estates". Was always crazy to me.

What exactly are any of the parties going to do to resolve it other than the current solution? I don't see any of the parties come out with a plan that is coherent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

It is remarkable really at how well VAT and Income Tax receipts have held up. VAT take for March and April was in line with what we were getting pre covid.

I don't think the DoF's even most optimistic projections had the economy in such strong shape.

RTE news : 12-month rolling Exchequer deficit stands at €12.2bn

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0602/1225654-12-month-rolling-exchequer-deficit-stands-at-12-2bn/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    It is remarkable really at how well VAT and Income Tax receipts have held up. VAT take for March and April was in line with what we were getting pre covid.

I don't think the DoF's even most optimistic projections had the economy in such strong shape.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0602/1225654-12-month-rolling-exchequer-deficit-stands-at-12-2bn/

How many people where unemployed during this period?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

pup payments worked, it could be time to truly start considering a ubi style system, as a significant amount of pup money went straight back into the economy.

running deficits are good, balancing budgets are ludacris, even dangerous for economies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Mostly to do with the multinationals.

The same ones that the left and the alphabet parties claim pay no tax, and won't be happy until they up sticks and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

All sorted.

I see FF are tabling a motion for a right to housing.

That's it so. We can all hang up the boots.

No need to pay the mortgage anymore.

They were talking about this on Matt Cooper this eve. I was left completely confused as to how it would work. Lots of talk about rights, not much talk about responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Councillor Lorna Bouge on Pat Kenny there talking about the new Green-split group with an Irish name that translates as "Green Tidal Wave" that encourages its members to read Marx, has lots of fantasy policies, and is unhappy with the regulars in Government.

What an absolute shambles of a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    lots of fantasy policies, and is unhappy with the regulars in Government.

Surely this political space is already sufficiently covered, I'm not really seeing anything new here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

It will be like the button voting were everyone was at it so nobody was at it.
    Simon Harris calling it 'Sinister' the other day was obviously party script. I'd say he feels the fool again.

I thought it was common knowledge that pollsters were paid surveyors for various interests. If one was a political party I don't see the difference in an actual party representative doing it. I see the Green party are 'sinister' too.
    It's a political point scoring backfire.

Shebean wrote: »
    Simon Harris calling it 'Sinister' the other day was obviously party script. I'd say he feels the fool again.

I thought it was common knowledge that pollsters were paid surveyors for various interests. If one was a political party I don't see the difference in an actual party representative doing it. I see the Green party are 'sinister' too.

I haven't been polled lately ,last time was when Ganley was running for Europe, questions were quite leading

• Registered Users Posts: 68,776 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shebean wrote: »

You'd have to ask the question, are members of FG and FF primed and ready with the 'outrage' when the likes of Ryan are locked and loaded and ready with a SF 'scoop'?

You'd have to ask the question, are members of FG and FF primed and ready with the 'outrage' when the likes of Ryan are locked and loaded and ready with a SF 'scoop'?

Ah here now
    Thats a conspiracy theory:D

When I heard the story first yesterday I thought this sounds like a silly thing to get caught at as it would be thrown back so easily, then as the day progressed and it was apparent that they were all at it it became obvious that the Indo and McSharry had been caught out,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Ah here now
    Thats a conspiracy theory:D

You would wonder why there was so much outrage considering all parties were seemingly at it and will those outraged the last few days remain outraged or stay quiet and wait on the next 'scandal' to be outraged by?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I have a friend who is a FF councillor. Heavily involved with the local GAA clubs so does well in local elections (even though he knows I never voted for him! :D).
    He told me once that his party knows 9 times out of 10 who each house votes for in an electoral area. I questioned it but it seems they have their ways...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You'd have to laugh at initially outraged, and the speed of the necks being wound in again, when FFG admitted that the world and his dog knew, they've been at the fake polling for years....

"ah but they didn't have fake IDs" I even read..... Tell you what lads, try impersonating a Garda.... Let me know if it matters one iota whether or not you're wearing the uniform or have fake id if you get caught at it.

That Philip Ryan fella seems to be the Sinn Féin gift that keeps on giving, every time I hear he's a new "scoop" I have a vision of FFG clenching their cheeks!

The high moral grandstanding that went on yesterday, from the now disappeared was bloody hilarious though......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Floppybits

McMurphy wrote: »
    The high moral grandstanding that went on yesterday, from the now disappeared was bloody hilarious though......

Any sign of Harris today, he was calling it sinister and bizzare on Newstalk yesterday and he took such relish in putting in the boot and the host just let him say this without asking anything about it.

You'd have to laugh at initially outraged, and the speed of the necks being wound in again, when FFG admitted that the world and his dog knew, they've been at the fake polling for years....

"ah but they didn't have fake IDs" I even read..... Tell you what lads, try impersonating a Garda.... Let me know if it matters one iota whether or not you're wearing the uniform or have fake id if you get caught at it.

That Philip Ryan fella seems to be the Sinn Féin gift that keeps on giving, every time I hear he's a new "scoop" I have a vision of FFG clenching their cheeks!

Apparently it's not that important and nobody cares anyway. :)

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    Any sign of Harris today, he was calling it sinister and bizzare on Newstalk yesterday and he took such relish in putting in the boot and the host just let him say this without asking anything about it.

Hardly raise an eyebrow if it was revealed Simon Harris actually wasn't aware of this tbh, this is the ex minister for health who thought there was 18 covids before covid19 afterall.
    Apparently it's not that important and nobody cares anyway. :)

I'm surprised the "politically savvy" on here didn't cop something was up yesterday when Leo etc wasn't straight out of their traps screaming about this, it was a sure fire sign that he knew well they were about to be exposed on it too.

Can't believe how Ryan thought he'd run with such a "scoop" without realising there's thousands of folk out there who have conducted similar for other political partys for years, and as many of them are now disgruntled ex party supporters, many would inevitably start letting the cat out of the bag.

These constant sf attacks keep backfiring on him, he hasn't learned from one single mistake yet though it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Earlier today Marc McSharry asked MM to resign. MM said no, so now McSharry is asking Drew Harris to investigate this.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Earlier today Marc McSharry asked MM to resign. MM said no, so now McSharry is asking Drew Harris to investigate this.

Always wondered why McSharrys constituency contained bits of so many counties, I now believe he's double jobbing as a stand-in village idiot in all these places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Quite embarrassing for both government parties, it seems as has been said here before all SF have to do if things keep going this way is nothing as the current lot are just digging a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Wow! SDs double their %. They will steal many seats from the status quo parties in GE.Next.

I really enjoyed Playback on Radio 1 this morning. They covered the polling story brilliantly. FFGG thought they were doing serious damage to SF and then a few days later looked extremely shallow and dodgy. It really backfired.

Our political system is a complete joke all the same.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Wow! SDs double their %. They will steal many seats in GE.Next.

I really enjoyed Playback on Radio 1 this morning. They covered the polling story brilliantly. FFGG thought they were doing serious damage to SF and then a few days later looked extremely shallow and dodgy. It really backfired.

Our political system is a complete joke all the same.

The power swap coming to an end is certainly providing plenty of behind the sofa cringe. They are clueless on trying to stop the demise of one or other of them.

What's that for the Greens, Ryan becomes a party of one?

• Advertisement

The power swap coming to an end is certainly providing plenty of behind the sofa cringe. They are clueless on trying to stop the demise of one or other of them.

My guess is if we have an election in the next 12months FF are in for a hiding, FG (I despise) will probably come out similar to where they are, SF maybe 48-50seats , FF 15 maybe less , FG 35-40,

Advertisement