Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

What is this obsession with social housing obligation re new developments, its not affected developments over the past number of years its been in place, has something changed, apart from more money being thrown at developers and tax payers now being expected to foot extra costs because of the increase in materials on public contracts, already signed an in commencement 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Colm Brophy is some boy. Caught out bluffing by a Dept statement - continues on bluffing away on the News at One. If FG can't see that these smooth mouthed bluffers are driving voters away, they deserve all they get at election time.

My favourite FG politician, Colm Brophy had his arse handed to him again over child care costs, challenges crèches are facing and a new financing model be introduced by government. He had to sit for 15 minutes and listen as Katie Hannon spoke to a sector representative lay it out in stark terms, Brophy then responded by essentially saying he didn’t believe a word of what was said, including a survey carried out.

Other panelists and Presenter were having none of his nonsense.

261 childcare centres intend to close next year for good.

Saturday with Katie Hannon, first segment, worth a listen back to 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Boards is incapable of searching as you know, plus I have no interest in reading what you post.

”Show some honour” this coming from a person with multiple personal comments about me and others.

“hysterical spoofer” more personal comments and you talk about “honour”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Apart from the illogical and garbled Americanism ("a hit and a miss"), references to a character from TV series from around 40 years ago and a rather old Irish expression that isn't heard that much, your attitude to emigration and those who don't conform to the gombeen ethos of FF/FG is typical of an era when emigration was the norm for many Irish people. Because of emigration, the gombeens of FF/FG/Labour kept power for decades because the victims of their economic plundering of Ireland had to leave to find work.

That changed. When the global economy improved, many of those who would formerly have had to emigrate did not and that was when things changed for the Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber parties. FF and FG have gone from over 80% combined support to just 35% (FF on 15% and FG on 20%). In 2020, Irish people voted to get rid of FG. It was the first Irish GE that was held on a Saturday in over a hundred years. The other famous one was in 1918 when the Irish Parliamentary Party (the Home Rule party) was destroyed. SF won 73 seats in that election and the Irish Parliamentary Party won only 6 having had 67 before the election. More people support SF now than FF/FG and it obviously irks you. Perhaps the FFG government realises how unpopular it is and how its failed policies are causing problems and economic hardship for Irish people but you don't.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

100% agree. Too many people in ireland blaming the government, their boss, the next door neighbour etc for the issues in their life. Never will get up off their arse and work for it. Easier to sit on the internet complaining about anything and everything and then expect praise for doing it. All I see here is a group of moaners and when you don’t agree with them expect personal and snide comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I am speaking about people favouring the tax payer leasing luxury apartments for 25 years with no option to buy, over paying to build housing we own.

A Dublin council has signed an unprecedented 25-year lease on a €55m luxury apartment block for social housing now owned by a cuckoo fund.

The bad guys here are the policy makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

If you retweet something you are promoting it. Charlie might get off your hook but very few others.

Oh, is this the new rule now?

Well, didn't you retweet lies and untruths about Leo's trip to a festival? Why yes, yes you did....

Therefore arent you promoting lies, fake news and untruths?

Black..Pot...Kettle and all that....

Animals are most dangerous when cornered. These people are no more than animals hopefully heading for oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You know you are wrong and your response is pathetic. As expected. I do not want an apology. You are now a proven liar. Well done. No honour.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It is a strange one, but here's an individual attacking that setup (developers need to provide units for social housing) on the basis that they are luxury apartments (what makes them luxury vs. other apartments other than location, I'm not sure), the end goal would be either that all developers only build luxury units and avoid that requirement, or the state bans luxury units being built.

The next part is the rent vs. buy argument and why the council enters into long term leases for any social housing units, and the answer there is budget, there simply isn't the budget to house people if all social units must be bought, thus long term leases are put in place instead. I understand these things and they will likely continue if the current opposition ends up in Dail Eireann, however some posters use this as an attacking point of the current government, when really the alternate is some form of communism (which that poster seems to be a fan of, even if they won't mutter it out load, watching the opposition move to the centre is going to be a bit of a shock to the system for some).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

No because when THEY do its OK, but when others do it its wrong....

As usual as here it’s dragged into personal comments….then you ask people to thank you 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Who? I'm not. Read my last post, if it wasn't clear for you in the previous one. The issue is leasing and buying instead of building, not a developers allocation of social. Don't make up my point for me if the one I make doesn't fit your narrative.

The budget argument falls on its arse when we see government cronies brag about the tax take, the economy and we see blank cheques for other projects. Its about making money for housing investors not good deals for the tax payer.

From what we can gather it’s bad for FG and a journalist to have sock puppet account,l

But it’s ok for the opposition and opposition friendly journalist to have sock puppet accounts, opposition supporters can do whatever they want

I will leave it to the mods to discuss what the position is with sock puppet/multiple accounts on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

These chancers have a script when on radio/tv and no matter the question or points raised, the script is always followed. Bit like Leaders Questions in the Dail

And if all else fails say but Shinners and others

Lies again.

I did not retweet or share a tweet about that story. I did comment on it, as you did too and I always said 'if true'.

My original post on the matter is below

If this story breaking about the government jet being used is true,(I'm not saying it is) Leo will be gone before Coveney.

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP - Page 131 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

The posting of which ^ also makes a mockery of BrokenAngel's remark that there is 'no search function' on Boards. I found that in 2 seconds using the search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Sock puppetry?

Where have we seen that before?

🤔

Brophy's go to response seems to be 'I am not aware...' which saves him time and again.

A clueless minister good at the silver tongue waffling.

Oddly Brophy actually claimed he checked some facts before today's Saturday with Katie Hannon show and still managed to make an eejit of himself today 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,428 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...once again, in an environment of rapidly rising wealth inequality, i.e. what we re currently experiencing, it becomes more difficult for people to be able to achieve their needs, this is commonly called 'social mobility', i.e. under such conditions, it becomes far more difficult for people to advance in society, to achieve better outcomes in life. this outcome has been directly created via public policy, as our governments, past and present, have done their utmost to prioritise the needs and interests of some, over the interests of others, this is particularly evident when comparing older generations to younger generations, public policy is generally in favour of the interests of older generations, such as the value of asset markets such as property!

its incredible insulting to these younger generations to simply blame them for their current situation, when the above has been so clearly obvious. there is evidence to support workers are now far more productive than ever before, yet are now receiving even less for their efforts, i.e. the value of assets such as property have completely decoupled from incomes, and the gains have primarily 'trickled up', to wealthier entities, which is primarily owned by older generations, i.e. the young are simply fcuked if we dont resolve this quickly, which really means we re all fcuked, due to the fact we have an aging population, and all of us will need elder care as we age, which is primarily done by these younger generations!

this is our now reality!

Yes, and what he checked didn't allow him to answer the question...handy that. 😁

Precisely 😂😂 he looked particularly foolish today 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

OK, perfect, nothing to do with the apartments being classed as luxury, one area that's been backed down from.

Now, you have a budget, you can either buy and house 100 people or lease and house 3600 people (cost of servicing a long term lease per year vs. buying) or a combination of the above.

What do you do with that budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I voted SF for the first time ever in the last election and I will vote for them in the next election to get rid of cronyism. I am a floating voter and not a member of any party. My statement about Harris's sock puppet accounts was just a joke but you were so eager to attack that you did not notice that.

...unfortunately theres no guarantees that sf wont introduce their own type of bullsh1t into the process, in fact, id expect it!

If Brophy is not aware why the fuuck is he on tv and radio programs? Being not aware means you know the square root of fuuck all.

If they do they will have lost future votes from me.

....you re probably gonna be disappointed then, as our current problems are far beyond the ability of a single party or government to resolve, and all parties introduce their own bullsh1t into the process, so......

• Advertisement

Very much to do with it. Are you purposely missing my clear and repeated point? People claim they don't want tax money spent on social housing builds yet the alternative is renting or leasing apartments, in the case I showed, luxury apartments. So we are leasing luxury apartments for 25 years and will have nothing to show at the end. I don't think luxury apartments, leased, are preferable to having housing stock built, we will then own.

I would have only used private housing as an emergency, the way it use to be, hence the term, emergency accommodation. The last few governments have set the system up in a manner were enriching their cronies seems like the only option.

We'll have spent approx. 900,000 per luxury apartment over the 25 years (3000 × 12, x 25) and will have nothing to show at the end of it. We need to stop using poor short term goals as an excuse for lining the pockets of housing investors with tax payer money.

How can we invest for luxury apartment owners long term, but social builds aren't afforded the same long view? More money for pals.

Advertisement