Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

If they are getting confused and can’t get head around odd and even numbers I thought it was best to deal with one topic at a time….

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's fascinating all these secret memos which purport to advise government only to discarded or ignored generally.

This latest "Confidential Plan" as a ring of Blackadder about it.

"The plan also includes the introduction of an emergency scheme whereby motorists with an odd number at the end of their car registration will only be allowed to drive or refuel on alternate days"

Who do these Genius's propose to monitor, implement this hair brained idea, sounding a bit like the €9 meal rule during Covid 🙄

Also , this bit

"All non-essential workers will be ordered to work from home"

Are they proposing to close down Retail, Hospitality etc again 🤔

Intriguing BA , nothing to say about Health or Housing 🤔 there's a refreshing change

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

On housing the plan for housing is available from the government, it’s a housing crisis not sure what changed since I posted on it 1-2 days ago. We need more supply. Parties need to stop using it to get political points etc

All discussed, nothing new.

If complaining about HAP well then do you want more people on the street?

Health we have issues, never said we haven’t but covid has increased those levels so need to fix them asap, what else to say on the topic?

Both articles just resharing the same information again to keep the permanent outraged happy….

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

So what's your opinion on the 3 issues that the poster stated fuel, housing and health.

Fuel issue you want to deflect fair enough, standard really

Housing and Health?

Really you are not able to use common sense to work that out?

How are you confused?

see comments on housing and health 👍🤯🤦‍♂️

• Advertisement

Provided

On fuel the first day of the war everyone said non essential workers should be made work from home. That does not mean shutting shops 🤦‍♂️

If you can’t figure out the rest as a grown adult sorry but I can’t help. Embarrassing carry on

BA , common sense is actually at the heart of this bizzare Plan/Proposal , Lack of it .

But typically you turn this into me having lack of common sense , your consistent, I'll give you that .

It really is exhausting at times , if there was even consistency in BA''s responses it would be slightly bearable but my word and as I've said repeatedly, BA would argue with their own shadow if it helped defend this Government.

Wow a comment about a user and nothing about the topic

So you are confused by the article? its not a plan or proposal, it’s an article with some snippets, not a government release. You do understand that?

The snippet in teh article are easy to follow what the plan is so no idea how you are struggling so maybe contact a local TD and ask for clarity at the time of the government release if still confused

Of course this is because of a war and we all hope I guess it doesn’t happen and that will mean the war is over. But let’s use the war for political points scoring on a forum like the housing crisis 🤦‍♂️

Post edited by brokenangel on

• Advertisement

I've actually not complained about HAP , simply pointing to an article stating its cost has gone over a Billion per Annum. It is the mere fact such supports are needed that's actually disturbing and says more about the chronic state of Governments Historical housing polices generally.

It's very Clear BA , it's you that conveniently picks "Snippets" from reports, Polls, Reporting in order to feed an insatiable appetite to deflect, fueled by an equally insatiable appetite to make it personal.

I got a great laugh out of your Hypocrisy re ability to use search function on Boards when all you do is Trawl Threads in pursuit of dragging up previous posts from those who dare to disagree with you. Posts I might add have little to do with an argument your attempting (badly) to make.

Your recent "Touching" experience of our health service actually bemused me, I don't need to post personal stories to highlight a point about my experiences with our health system over 5 years other than to say Front Line Staff are not the problem, they are magnificent, it's the incompetence at very senior management level that's the problem and Government policy. I don't recognise the Fluffyness you describe, it's an absolute unmitigated mess, I actually have direct experience.

🤦‍♂️

You tried to say it was a proposal/plan from the government but it’s an article.

New day for more outrage over an article

HAP could cost 2 billion but once people are off the street who cares? Would you prefer to see families living on the street?

Get up the yard

BA it's an article disclosing a confidential briefing and proposals made to government, what part of this are you actually missing, are you saying the Journalist made it up 🙄, you know like, "Makey Uppy" so to speak.

There's no outrage on my part , just bewilderment and bemusement.

Who cares as long as people are off the streets 😳 my word , I've heard it all now.

You are aware there's two types of HAP payment

Homeless HAP, self explanatory

Standard HAP of which substantial sums are being paid to hard working people who can not afford full Rent , if of course they can find somewhere to Rent 🙄

How you equate me being happy to see people living on the streets is utterly perplexing, again, the mere fact €1 billion annually is required to keep roofs over peoples heads is shocking and an incitement of this and previous governments housing policies.

Get up the Yard 🤔, another Poster using this silly sign off on posts, it's really quite childish.

Another day of going in circles. You claimed to be confused by the plan/proposal

First off it’s an article and not to the level of a plan/proposal the government would release

Second even the bits that are included are easy to follow yet you seem to be totally baffled by it. How do you not understand the different between odd and even numbers? Why would anyone need to monitor. Do we need a nanny state now?

This is all simple stuff but as usual some people seem to be totally flummoxed by it.

Ss I advised, if you are still confused after a plan/proposal is released then contact a TD and they should be able to explain.

Let just hope the war is over, thats a little more important now don’t you think 🤔

In terms of housing, already discussed, supply is the answer. If you are concerned about the 1 billion contact the party you support and ask them to help get houses/apartment build to get out of this crisis. No more delay tactics

BA it's actually you going around in circles, yet again , the fact you can't actually see it is baffling.

Focusing yet again on a poster, not the actual content of post , utterly bizzare.

I'd love to explore this utopian parallel universe you live in, it sounds, almost to good to be true 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I don't think McEntee has a hope of leadership. Her star was quickly tarnished. Paschal is the only one capable and somewhat clean.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I don't see why Sf are getting so geared up by FG's idea to cut taxes. FG has always been about lowering taxes. As for Polls, I don't think much of them at all, nor do anyone else.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The opposition figures don't add up properly so extra taxes will be required, or massively reduced spending, tax cuts now makes them even more visible and hard hitting. I'd be doing the same if in opposition.

Do we cut taxes to reduce living costs, or give money back as state aid to selected groups (or everyone, which is effectively a tax cut)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

The FG parliamentary party installed Varadkar as leader despite the FG grassroots voting for Coveney. Their votes outweighed those of the grassroots. Think the idea of McEntee as leader was floated in the Irish Mail on Sunday a few months ago. Donohoe would be the better choice but Coveney was previously the most popular with the FG grassroots and he may have a better chance.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

You posted "still trying to get my head around the uneven vehicle reg number bit", I have given you advice but you seem set on making comments like "childish" and trying to be condescending because I made a point that the HSE staff are good.

Get up the yard

😂😂 Advice 🙄 is that what you call your silly games, thanks but no thanks. Hit a raw nerve have I 🤔

You must have a PhD in condescension.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Its behind a paywall, whats the main jist of the argument here?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I can read it. Try loading it in incognito mode or clearing your cookies for the irish times website to read it

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Economy

Nama land with potential for 86,145 homes sold since 2011, but fewer than 11,000 built

Most of land and potential residential units in Dublin, Cork, Kildare, Wicklow, Meath, Galway and Louth

Expand

Nama has sold 5,478 hectares of land since 2011, enough for 86,145 homes. To date, less than 11,000 units have been built, new figures from the Department of Finance show. Photograph: Cyril Byrne

By Eoin Burke-Kennedy

Mon Jun 6 2022 - 06:30

<snip> - copyrighted information - only 1 para permitted

Post edited by Beasty on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yeah agreed but Coveney would have been another Enda Kenny. He cannot answer questions on the hoof unless he is repeating a coached mantra. He spent 2 years saying the word 'backstop' during Brexit. McEntee is another one that does car crash interviews unless she is coached what to say. The party knew that Leo could talk on his feet and make sense.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement