Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The "Human Development Index" - a long and healthy life, knowledge and a decent standard of living.

Who gives a fck? Seriously.

Yea, who gives a **** about our standard of living, life expectancy, and educational opportunities...! IwAnTtOrAnTaBoUtDaGuBeRmEnT

Congrats, you perfectly just encapsulated 95% of the daily drip-feed of 'debate' that happens in this thread.

"Well, we are Number Two in the World on the UN Human Development Index?"

"Who gives a ****, I want to have my RANT!!"

wasted if you consider the state of the country

The state of the country that has Ireland ranked Number 2 in the UN HDI?

Grand, so if you want to be number 1, how do we do with by getting better and save money?

You mean giving new hard-pressed parents some helpful and essential items that will help with a) raising a new baby and b) the cost of living?

Yea, shame on them.

Again, it's a reasonable point of view if you think it's a waste of money, but you cannot turn around and then say the government should spend more on housing, health, education etc...

That just makes you a massive hypocrite because you are not interested in the policy, or the detail, you just want to give out and throw some mud.

Also, many countries do a "Baby Bundle" If you looked at the video you will see that Scotland does one and its in the actual video.

Now, are you going to vote for a party that is going to curb this spending, because all the parties in the Dail, from Labour, SF, SD, PBP etc.... would spend waaaaaay more than FF and FG and the Greens.....

So who are you going to vote for to cut down the deficit?

Well he was a member of government back in the day, who did **** all for housing.... just saying..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hope we're not back to quoting old, defunct stats again 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

Poor Eamonn got some stick in the Dail today, with is silly comments about poping down to your local SW office if your short a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

And some still are and yet here you are defending them and their failed policies.

The UN hdi,deosnt measure any of the day-to-day performances of the government??

It deosnt measure housing ownership levels,poverty levels,deosnt measure the refusal of governments to improve lot of travellers or aysulm seekers?

It deosnt measure the quality of our health service,which is on brink of collaspse btw,deosnt measure the rampant legalised corruption/lobbying (that bord planalta thing would collaspe a government in a normal 3rd world country,but not here?)...deosnt measure the failure of our media and its refusal to hold government to account

It deosnt measure level of children and young adult population living in poverty and not earning a living wage,and sh1t laws designed to prevent people getting secure jobs

What exactly,makes yous think this is a good barometer,given the level of crisis facing the state,and the likelyhood of social unrest over next decade as people not put up with country being run for benefit of anyone but the population??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Well done Michael D Higgins! A superb speech.

Housing issue ‘isn’t a crises anymore, it’s a disaster’, says Michael D Higgins (breakingnews.ie)

Housing issue ‘isn’t a crises anymore, it’s a disaster’, says Michael D Higgins

“I have taken to speaking ever ever more frankly in relation to housing, because I think it is our great, great, great failure.

Mr Higgins criticised the lack of homes being built in the State and the country’s appearance of a “star performer” internationally.

Mr Higgins said: We have to really think about meeting the basic needs of people in a republic, be that food, shelter and education... Building homes is what’s important. It’s not to be a star performer for the speculative sector internationally or anything else.”

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

How is it not? Things will never get better unless homes are actually built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

What does it mean? We have housing and health crises going on many years and getting worse. What does this index mean, we aren't in crises?

Did he make it worse year on year like every minister we've had for the last decade or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What is it with you that leaves you incapable of reading anything properly? Just laziness or bent on trying to justify bulsh*t?

Nobody said (three times now) who gives a fck about standard of living etc..

What was said, if you bothered to read any of the posts correctly, was that NOBODY but you and a two or three others, gives a fck about the HDO statistic. It is beyond useless, and literally does absolutely NOTHING for anybody.

I am sure Michael D. will send you an email for giving the perfect example of the type of bullsh*t he is talking about, that everyone else can see.

The President added: "Building homes is what is important.

“It is not to be a star performer for the speculative sector internationally."

Speaking to the Irish Mirror after hearing his comments, Labour’s Ms Moynihan said: “he’s right, it’s more than a crisis, it is a failure.”

You can continue to point out the bullsh*t statistic that was created for bullsh*tters. But be aware, it means absolutely fck all.

Feel free to walk amongst the homeless on the streets, and go to the homeless shelters and tell them all where we are on the HDI.. 🙄

I just don't have the energy to join in, just put away my Turf 😁 but well done, well done 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

It was a rant of the highest order, he hasn’t a single atom of the ordinary working person in this country.

"You mean giving new hard-pressed parents some helpful and essential items that will help with a) raising a new baby and b) the cost of living?

Yea, shame on them."

Again, get some help with reading the whole post if that's what's getting you. Nobody claimed 'shame on them' etc. It's just a nonsense expense at a time when we shouldn't be spending on nonsense/it could be better spent.

I'm surprised Maryanne isn't on here telling us that her friend raised 10 kids using hand me downs that they got free from an oxfam shop, with a potato sack for a sleeping bag.

"Again, it's a reasonable point of view if you think it's a waste of money, but you cannot turn around and then say the government should spend more on housing, health, education etc...

That just makes you a massive hypocrite because you are not interested in the policy, or the detail, you just want to give out and throw some mud."

Of course I can, and no it doesn't. How would that mean I am not interested? The baby box is bullshit gesture politics. That is all it is. There is, as mentioned plenty of better ways that money should be spent.

"Also, many countries do a "Baby Bundle" If you looked at the video you will see that Scotland does one and its in the actual video."

Yeah, again with the "Other countries do it.." - and I saw that. They started in 2017. Not during times like these when everyone is feeling the pinch, and the money could be better spent elsewhere. 'Baby bundles' 🙄.

"Now, are you going to vote for a party that is going to curb this spending, because all the parties in the Dail, from Labour, SF, SD, PBP etc.... would spend waaaaaay more than FF and FG and the Greens....."

Spending waaaaaay more than FG??? I doubt it.. How much has the childrens hospital alone, cost so far? And the corruption is rampant, are you taking those spendings into account, as 'the unaccountables' aren't. They seem to pick and choose what would be regarded as an expense.

"So who are you going to vote for to cut down the deficit?"

It won't be FFGG, that you have my word on.

Define 'Gigantic' - to me it would mean a very sizable portion, and would leave very little of the blame on anyone or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Eamon Ryan and Michael Martin were ministers in the last government that overseen the single most severe financial meltdown of this states history, including a massive property, a banking meltdown, which resulted in mass emigration and suicides of many.

2022. There's a housing crisis, health is a disaster and there's a cost of living crisis.

Michael Martin and Eamon Ryan are govt ministers once again too.

Lets blame the president though. That's a marvelous idea.

• Advertisement

Hey, Ireland is 8th in Top of the Pop's and 2 in Jackie magazine. Show some respect. G'wan with your real world problems!

Don't forget the highest nurses to bed ratio in the known universe.

The Navan Hospital debacle is somewhat embarrassing, HSE announce downgrading, only to be told, Hang on by Stephen Donnelly, Jesus wept who's in charge here 🙄

Great fun on the Late Debate, FG fielded Joe O Reilly, Senator and my god what a train crash, the Panel actually spent the entire show giggling at him

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Eamon Ryan only got in to Government after the 2007 election. By that stage, the damage was already done. You can't really blame him for the financial crisis at the time.

Bit like what happens on here when supporters of FFG stick up things like ranked 8th in this or ranked 2nd in that as a defence for has been an utter car wreck of a government.

O, I had a back and forth over over irrelevant old reports, exhausting but a little amusing 😉

It actually measures a lot of those things you mentioned, you just cannot see the wood from the trees.

Index gives context. Try it sometime when you come up for air.

.Yeah, again with the "Other countries do it.." - and I saw that. They started in 2017. Not during times like these when everyone is feeling the pinch, and the money could be better spent elsewhere. 'Baby bundles'

Give out about the cost of living and that people are feeling the pinch..

Government offers a baby bundle to help with the cost of having a new baby for parents who are feeling the pinch

Give out about the baby bundle being a waste of money

Spending waaaaaay more than FG??? I doubt it.. How much has the childrens hospital alone, cost so far? And the corruption is rampant, are you taking those spendings into account, as 'the unaccountables' aren't. They seem to pick and choose what would be regarded as an expense.

Its like dial a soundbite here.

What corruption are we talking about exactly? Name specific cases.

It won't be FFGG, that you have my word on.

So you wont answer the question. Thought so :)

• Advertisement

So do you want the Navan hospital to close or do you want the government to interfere and keep it open?

Cant have both now!

Advertisement