Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Damn, missed that, always enjoy colm Brophy getting his bottom handed to him 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I addressed your absurd response and comment "That's not true , but anyways " which was both petulant and inaccurate.

I'm 54 actually, not that it is relevant and I'm afraid the point is absolutely alot to this current government, most notably Roderic O'Gorman, who's completely and utterly out of his depth.

I'm very, very happy to share by PM reams of documentation I've received from the state agency dealing with with my time in state care and indeed correspondence from the religious order involved after years of requests if you are in doubt about my experience and trustworthyness on the matter.

I'd request if it's not too much to ask, to show even slightest bit of respect and perhaps stick to matters you have some basic understanding off.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You dare me? Oooh, I'm scared. Seriously, how old are you?

You've made some serious assumptions about me, my sex, my opinions, and my attitudes to women. I'm neither sexist nor misogynistic and I don't need your seal of approval to know this. You post was frankly pathetic, and nothing more than a lowest common denominator/if all else fails play to the same woke crowd and galleries that McEntee courts. I couldn't care less whether she was male or female. What I care about as a tax payer and a constituent of hers is her performance.

I didn't attack her act of getting pregnant or comment on her sex in a negative way - as I said in an earlier post you've gone way out of your way to attempt to apply a false narrative to what I said and take offence on someone else's behalf. Had I said something like

"look at this silly woman getting pregnant again and she only back from her last maternity leave a wet week - how dare a woman have a job and children at the same time when there's plenty of men who could do that job instead of her"

- that would be both sexist and misogynistic; but that's not what I said, is it? Nor is it remotely in that ball-park.

In fact, had you bothered to read what I said in my subsequent follow-up post, I stated my concern for other, more-qualified women who might be tarnished by the same brush due to the (and I'm being kind here) underwhelming performance of the incumbent and have their careers curtailed as an unintended consequence of promoting someone so clearly out of their depth. Again, I'll state my criticism is based on her performance, not her sex.

My point was that at least she (or he) has at least done something in their time in office, as she has done precious little (if anything) of note since being appointed - bar congratulate herself on what seems like an almost daily basis on social media.

You've asked for examples where I criticize males. For context, I'm the poster with the highest post count on the Radio Forum. 99%+ of my posts are critical of the performance following presenters in order:

1. Joe Duffy
    2. Ryan Tubridy
    3. Paul Reynolds (ex-Newstalk)

All of the above are male.

If I was sexist and misogynistic, I'd concentrate mostly or indeed solely on the performance of female presenters. When Ciara Kelly was regularly called "the worst presenter on Newstalk" I always interjected and said Reynolds was significantly worse, which he was.

This "thing" that's emerged in certain parts of society in recent years whereby a female can't be criticized simply because she's a female really has to stop. Again, I couldn't care less whether the person is male or female, I comment on performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

You're certainly in the minority, not only did Leos Dail rant against Doherty backfire, so too did his "standing up to bullys" defence like he used.

He's being torn to pieces all over social media today, many pointing out that Leo Varadkar consistently likes to punch down on many sections of society.

Honestly, fine gael need to jettison him. He's a serious dead weight and liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

And your experience or lack of or whatever has no basis for being on this thread. By all means, start a new thread.

My point to BB was his highly emotive charges were by and largely false. I'll stand by that. And for what it's worth I may know more about these matter than you think.

• Advertisement

Oh, some people on Twitter were upset by Leo?

We all know Twitter isn't real life.

You commented on her having sex and getting pregnant as if that was the only thing she is capable of doing. If you don't understand the underhanded sexist and misogynist undertones in that point of view then perhaps you are not who you think you are. Maybe talk to some people in the real world.

You also don't want women of reproductive age having top jobs in case they get pregnant! That type of thinking belongs to the 1950s. So you are definitely a throwback.

As per your point about radio presenters, have you ever given out to a man for getting his wife/partner pregnant? Id so no, you have not.

TLDR: You outed yourself as sexist with no help from anyone else. Too bad if you get called out on it. Maybe next time keep your sexist comments to yourself.

As I said before, Twitter is not real life. I think Leo will be OK and not care all that much when he gets the top job again in about 6 months' time.

You could have ignored the post but typically went head first and made a factually incorrect assertion, either deliberately or foolishly, both as bad as one another.

The Whatever, Glib attitude, speaks volumes 🙄

And I remind you whilst an emotive subject it is absolutely relevant to a Thread relating to this current government, what part of this I your missing is beyond me, I suspect most right thinking people would agree its relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Ha! Well firstly, FG and Leo are overly keen on twitter themselves, considering its "not real life" and also, Leo getting the top job again in six months will be heavily reliant on the DPP. The first Taoiseach to be either still at the centre of a criminal investigation, of the first Taoiseach awaiting trial wouldn't be a good look. Mind you Leo's record as leader has been dismal. Adding one of the above two scenarios to his CV could almost be counted as an achievement for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,911 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

No you wouldn't.

It was pure sexism and misogyny. Commenting on a woman and saying her only achievement is to get pregnant says an awful lot about the person saying it and nothing about the woman.

It's incredible stuff.

I thought most people had moved beyond those 1930s ideas.

Lol.

Where exactly did I say as you state:

"You also don't want women of reproductive age having top jobs in case they get pregnant! That type of thinking belongs to the 1950s. So you are definitely a throwback."

Please show me?

All you are doing is once again attempting to (badly) apply a false narrative to what I said in an attempt to (in your mind I'm sure) "win" your argument. You interpretation is so skewed it's frightening. Are you that brainwashed? Seriously?

Twitter is not real life - except when Helen McEntee or Leo Varadkar use it.

We have the 2nd highest minimum wage, we have the highest social welfare rates, we are a small island on the edge of Europe and because of Brexit, don't have free trade with our nearest neighbours. We will always be one of the most expensive places in Europe because of that. It makes the efforts to find alternatives to fossil fuels even more critical for a country like ours.

Solutions to the cost of living problem? There aren't really very many and those that are, aren't palatable.

(1) Rejoin the UK: Removing trade barriers with the UK will bring down the price of foodstuffs imported from the UK which, thanks to Brexit, need an awful lot of paperwork.

(2) Cut the minimum wage: This would allow supermarkets, restaurants and hotels to save money and reduce prices.

(3) Remove truck drivers from the Working Time Act: This would cut the cost of shipping goods to Ireland. We can't stop the increase in fuel, that is driven by the Ukraine War, so the only other option is to cut the cost of drivers.

None of those options are realistic, they just show that it is all talk when it comes to addressing the cost of living. We don't control the money supply, the ECB do, we don't control the price of oil, we are a price-taker, ditto when it comes to major food commodities like wheat, pasta and vegetable oils. What could be done is radical, politically impossible and could have other unexpected consequences.

The top jobs should go to those capable of doing the job - be they male or female. McEntee is not up to it - regardless of her sex.

Don't forget folks:

Leo Varadkar can't be criticized because he's gay.

Helen McEntee can't be criticized because she's a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,850 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

😁 What is being said on Twitter curiously matches their performance in the polls.

You keep codding yourself.

Don't be silly.

You are demeaning Helen McEntee by claiming the only thing she has achieved is getting pregnant. That is straight-up pure unadulterated misogyny.

Now, that criticism isn't sexist or misogynist.

However, your previous comments are sexist and misogynist.

Reflect and you will see the difference. You probably thought it a bit funny to make the remark about her only achievement being pregnant, just like the poster who adopted Leo's partners name probably thought it a bit funny. However, those types of things just aren't funny.

• Advertisement

So he is being "torn to pieces" over social media today??? Sounds like the mature thing a group of bullies would do.

Criticism isn't bullying. The party faithful are responding well to Leo's weaponising of the word. All criticism can now be termed bullying, misogyny or homophobia. As transparent as it is pathetic tbh.

A man stands up to a bully, and the mob jump on him, while you and others cheerlead them on?

Quite a good look, don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

So you can quote people saying they are okay with Putin's forcing raping and killing Ukrainians? You can't. You made it up for colour. Low.

We know the state was aware of everything. We know Garda were involved. We know they tried to white wash reports over the years. We know there's a mass burial dump of dead infants in Tuam, still not exhumed or given dignity.

Just today on the news at one the son of a man killed in the Dublin bombing spoke on how the state did nothing to support them or push to investigate. How they had to campaign for years for a memorial to the dead. Thats the calibre of decades of FF/FG government. They don't want to rock the boat for fear it will cost them seats or favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

And by continuing to do so he's playing into the hands of the more disingenuous posters like yourself Blanch.

We get it @ButtersSuki. Can we move on to something more relevant.

Who got 'bullied'?

Leo had a right to reply, nobody silenced him. He chose to go back 25 years in an effort to silence his questioner.

Abandoned them for fear they might have to be critical of the British government. A cancer deeply prevalent in the history of the power swap sadly.

I am confused. Is that a mod intervention? Are you now a mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Same with not wanting to upset the church. Add to that Flanagan and Varadkar looking to honour the tans/ric. Simpering self involved charlatans.

Advertisement