Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Again, you’re the one bringing up pregnancy, not me.

i didn’t comment on them as they’re not Irish politicians.

But if you think a senior minister should be doing crap like that in the current times then I think I just expect a little more from my politicians than you do.

Tell me why she’s so wonderful then and of all her great accomplishments. Please do. I’m open to changing my mind on her if you can convince me she’s the greatest thing since sliced bread like you seem to think.

And again, you’re the only one bringing this up. Have you any comment other than this? Genuinely?

Its gas the way they let stephen donnolly take the flak and answer qs on the childrens hospiteal,while they wipe their hands of it......when its a fiacso that is entirely of FG ownership

Its difficult to believe,this is the party,that is intending to brand itself "the adults in the room" for the next election

I’m happy to debate all night, but you’re the one running away.

How do you feel about Leo’s treatment of female colleagues, specifically Kate O’Connell? Will you answer this? I assume not.

No, I didn’t bring it up as a dig. I brought it up as one of a number of examples of what she is spending her time doing - and subsequently spending more time across social media in her search for any Avenue of self-promotion - rather than the more seniors work her portfolio demands.

Are you seriously saying that her opening a kitchen is the best use of the Minister for Justice’s tine?

• Advertisement

Avoiding my questions on Leo’s treatment of women and best use of a senior Minister’s time I see? As well as when I asked for some details of Ms. McEntee’s achievements. Interesting.

Right, heading to bed before I’m accused of running away when I don’t reply IF you actually answer any of my questions, but I suspect you won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Please Don't 😁 this will go on for days, we've just moved on from old stats , reports, Index's that no one gives a Toss about 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Ha ha ha......even your most dyed in wool FGer dont think she is a particularly good politian (nor particularly bad-simply bland).....its merely a desperate throw of dice,by HQ, to play identity politics as their support among woman began to tank about 4 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

ROFL typical deflection going on. Devalue the word misogyny rather than spit out what it is this Minister has achieved in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Arent there two Irish Parliaments? Yes, she is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You brought her pregnancy as a pejorative. That is sexist and misogynistic. Just own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

The problem is, as demonstrated by Varadkar's rant in the Dail, that FG is led by a petulant man-child. Varadkar has led FG to election defeat after election defeat. It seems that the only people left defending him are FG true believers on Social Media. FG politicians seem very reluctant to defend him and appear to be planning for a post-Varadkar FG. That Ring report into FG's performance in the 2020 GE shows that the seats of 4 out of 5 of FG's TDs are vulnerable and this seems to be concentrating the minds of FG TDs as they stand to lose their political careers.

Under Varakdar's reign of error, SF has gone from being the least supported party of the Big Three (SF/FF/FG) to the most supported (FG went the other way and was at 35% in June 2020) and, according to at least one opinion pollster, SF's support is now more than the combined support of FF and FG. It isn't just a perfect storm of events (Covid, the war in Ukraine, Housing).

FG has a major problem with its leadership. It was funny how FG PR flacks tried to spin this as Varadkar being tough and taking the fight to SF. That didn't work. Then the FG's SF attack Dossier story appeared in the Indo. Then it was walked back. Now, it is claimed that Varadkar was standing up to bullies and then all this stuff about various female FGers being bullied is brought up. The longer Varadkar stays as leader, the better it gets for SF and FF.

Regards...jmcc

Post edited by jmcc on

Tbh SF played a political masterstroke stroke,not pushing for his removal over leaking documents,

i dislike it,as i feel whats best for country,should come above party politics in the dail.....but as political attacks,go,they have left him holed below waterline,he clearly lost support of the backbench,and is relying on,more & more extreme rethoric to simply stand still in the polls......the bloke famous for petty political stunts (leaked letter to that sf td and baby,openly undermining martin&ryan,presenting turf to kate oconnoll, milkshaked, all the schemes pulled vs coveney and mcentee as they overtook him in popularity etc)

now running about claiming pearse doherty was bullying him........the man is out of control,and the fact the media endulge this clown unquestioned,begs the qs,why

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Usually when Health Ministers or Taoiseach visit Galway A&E the staff are asked to hide the trolley patients for the 'surprise' walkthru. Not this time it seems.

Minister’s unannounced visit to see chaos at University Hospital Galway – Connacht Tribune – Galway City Tribune:

The Health Minister paid an unannounced visit to the Emergency Department at University Hospital Galway – amid claims that patients had to lie on the ground with blankets thrown over them.

The chaos at Galway’s public hospital was raised yet again in the Dáil this week.

A patient wrote to Galway West TD Catherine Connolly after the Saolta Hospital Group insisted that the closure of St Monica’s Ward – the main gynaecological ward at UHG, serving one million people from Donegal to Galway – was having no consequences.

Deputy Connolly raised the closure of St Monica’s in the Dáil after the Galway City Tribune revealed that the ward could not operate because of a lack of staff cover.

This week she raised the issue again, after being informed that the ward had in fact been closed since March 23 – three months ago, rather than the three weeks as she had previously been informed by the Health Service Executive (HSE).

----------

And here's me thinking we had a superior nurse-bed ratio.

Coalition of chaos.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

This is what happened when Leo visited Galway's A&E. It was the same for Brian Cowen a few years previously.

Yes this is the level that we have to endure. This is the level of governance.

Hospital denies ‘hiding’ patients on trolleys for Taoiseach’s visit – The Irish Times

Saolta University Health Care Group has denied that patients on trolleys in University Hospital Galway's emergency department were "hidden" for the visit of Taoiseach Leo Varadkar last week.

According to figures from the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation (INMO), there were 42 patients on trolleys on Tuesday, 58 on Wednesday, but just 26 on Thursday for Mr Varadkar’s visit. The figure rose again to 36 on Friday.

Independent TD Catherine Connolly, who was at the hospital on Thursday, said it was “a miracle” that the numbers dropped for Mr Varadkar’s visit.

“I walked through the hospital on Thursday, and I noticed that it was quiet,” she told RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta. “I got calls then afterwards, to tell me that it was all a pretence, that there were patients there but that they had been hidden.

“I suspected something myself too, because there were 42 patients on trolleys on Tuesday, 58 on Wednesday, and then a miracle on Thursday only 26.”

INMO spokeswoman Anne Burke said “great efforts” were made to get patients off trolleys, but added she was “bemused” at the sudden reduction in numbers.

------------------------

How do people accept such mediocrity with their vote?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

They have done away with covid restrictions and are covering up the numbers

Surely it would be obvious,we need increase hospiteal capacity by 40% to deal better with these waves,if they arent going to even attempt to slow it down

It wouldn't have been right for SF to push for his removal. Varadkar was installed as leader by the FG parliamentary party. The FG grassroots voted overwhelmingly for Coveney. Apart from a few mistakes, Coveney has been a much better politician than Varadkar. The attempt by FG's PR people to spin Varadkar's time as leader of FG as "presidential" has been a bit of a disaster and the quality of some of the FG members of cabinet hasn't been the best. Varadkar should have been gone after FG's 2020 GE disaster but Covid and FF kept him in place. The longer he stays as leader of FG, the better it is for FF and the Greens. It will be interesting to see if Varadkar and the FFG government makes it to December.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

"now running about claiming pearse doherty was bullying him."

The word "bullying" has been used by Leo a lot more than you think. He was accused of it first, and seemingly didn't like it and has used it against others loads since. No capacity to think for himself.

He is a petulant brat though. The tantrums and the way he can take no blame.

A few days ago he laid the housing crisis firmly on FF's door, claiming that they (FG) have been trying to fix them. Today O'Brien pointed out that FG were in power for a decade and the highest budget the housing got in a year was €400m in 2015. This year it is €1.4bn.

They have been sitting on that money all along watching things getting way out of hand, and budgeting relatively small amounts to patch over any issues (if you could even call it that). And these last few years the money is flowing to all the wrong places, including these ludicrous wages all over. Suddenly there is an abundance for money for everything. If they had been using that money correctly initially, we wouldn't have 1/4 of the problems, let alone an ill-placed childrens hospital that could end up costing more than a country the way that scam is going. Trump and Leo refusing to accept the public vote at their respective countries last elections, and both throwing tantrums. More similarities there too,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I'm not fan of Donnelly but fair play to him turning up unannounced in the hospital to see for himself what is really going on. It's the only way to truly see what is going on and depending on HSE management or inept Civil Servants for the details. More ministers should do this. I would have loved to see the face on the hospital admistrators when they were told that the minister for health is on the premises.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Is Varadkar the only sitting Taoiseach in the history of the state not to be elected on the first and also not able to bring in a running mate?

Think so. Though party leaders will generally try to bring in a running mate, Varadkar only got elected on the fifth count and an SFer (Donnelly) topped the poll. Donnelly hadn't even been a TD before the GE. The FG spin was that Varadkar was trying to bring in the running mate but this was a bad election for FG. Party leaders often get a vote boost from the fact that they are party leaders.

In 2016, Varakar managed to top the poll and was elected on the third count.

What must be worrying FG TDs is that their electoral prospects will be affected by Varadkar's continuing problems. Varadkar was supposed to be the great new hope for FG and a replacement for Kenny's gombeenism. Every election that FG contested under Varadkar resulted in FG losing seats. FG's problem is Varadkar not SF.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Your response is completely nothing to do with my comment.

I've no issues. You took the 3bn Martin took from the magic money tree and abused the plight of the Ukrainians to try score cheap shots you didn't even bother trying to back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Again, I've no problem with Ukrainians. You used them to deflect for Martin pulling 3bn out of his arse when we've been told countless times, there's no money.

You trying to say people who've issues with immigrants are okay with Ukrainians being raped and killed is disgusting.

I think (actually know) a large % of the residents of Northern Ireland would have a huge problem with you terming the Northern Ireland Assembly as "Irish". For someone so quick to take offence on other's behalf it seems you're fairly adept at offending an entire community.

Also, you knew exactly what I meant by Irish politicians, i.e. Irish Politicians who are members of the Dáil.

Oh dear.

Sorry to break this to you but.....

Ms. is a neutral title for a woman, regardless of whether or not she is married. Ms. is the female equivalent of the male Mr. Just as Mr. can be used for both married and unmarried men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Did any one list anything McEntee achieved of note during her ministerial roles yet, or are they too distracted trying to play phoney sexism cards, misogyny cards, or the pointless, pedantic and utterly puerile "correction" of a Miss v Ms title.

It's a well rehearsed tactic, probably an official party tactic.

You can't be critical of any female FG rep or the above gets played out, it's possible to be critical of a politician because they're beyond useless y'know?

Their gender is irrelevant.

Advertisement