Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

UDAWINNER wrote: »

Why does the graph stop in 2016? Also was there not some kinda recession going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1406521529559572480?s=19

Explains why Leo wants a united Ireland, and to build 40k gaffs all of a sudden.... Could've sworn the likes of those statements were populist cack when the shinners say it. :D

https://twitter.com/Trickstersworld/status/1406528516909416452?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

McMurphy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1406521529559572480?s=19

Explains why Leo wants a united Ireland, and to build 40k gaffs all of a sudden.... Could've sworn the likes of those statements were populist cack when the shinners say it. :D

https://twitter.com/Trickstersworld/status/1406528516909416452?s=19

Same with the magic money tree comment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

UDAWINNER wrote: »

The same people criticising the government now for not building back in 2011 would have criticised them back in 2011 if they were building loads of houses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

The same people criticising the government now for not building back in 2011 would have criticised them back in 2011 if they were building loads of houses.

Wasn't it around that time people shouted and roaring about ghost estates and wanted them knocked down.

I always thought that was absolutely nuts but the people got what they wanted. They should have taken all those houses and given to the local council to use...but no knock them down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The next election will be the first ever that SF are treated as equals to the legacy parties FF and FG.
    Up until 2016, they were very much treated as a minority party and often did not get debate invites.
    It will be very interesting to watch how that plays out. SF will plan the next election to the nth degree.
    I cant wait to see how FFG try and wrestle back the power swap.

My rough prediction for GE.Next is
    SF = 46
    FG = 33
    FF = 28
    SDs = 12
    Lab = 10
    SD-PBP = 6
    GP = 3
    INDs = 22

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The next election will be the first ever that SF are treated as equals to the legacy parties FF and FG.
    Up until 2016, they were very much treated as a minority party and often did not get debate invites.
    It will be very interesting to watch how that plays out. SF will plan the next election to the nth degree.

SF = 46
    FG = 33
    FF = 28
    SDs = 12
    Lab = 10
    SD-PBP = 6
    GP = 3
    INDs = 22

You know how it is in Ireland, its all remedial right now because what matters will be the election performance. SF had better plan to the nth degree they do not need anything linking them to violence or to past violence's.

The party members need to take lesson from the David Cullinane incident and assume that everyone has a multimedia recording centre in their pocket.

There had better not be any big damaging faux pas between now and then because it will all be brought out during the election campaign.

Calhoun wrote: »
    You know how it is in Ireland, its all remedial right now because what matters will be the election performance. SF had better plan to the nth degree they do not need anything linking them to violence or to past violence's.

The party members need to take lesson from the David Cullinane incident and assume that everyone has a multimedia recording centre in their pocket.

There had better not be any big damaging faux pas between now and then because it will all be brought out during the election campaign.

Yeah I agree. I find Cullinane extremely hard to listen to. He was on again this morning with this boring/monotone voice. He was talking about stopping the nuns running the new maternity hospital which I agree with but but his 'end of the world' repetitive delivery just makes me completely tune out. I find him very scripted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

SF = 46
    FG = 33
    FF = 28
    SDs = 12
    Lab = 10
    SD-PBP = 6
    GP = 3
    INDs = 22

On what basis have you predicted this?

The current polls show nothing like that. They show the current government having a clear increased majority, heading for 90 seats between them. Your prediction shows 64.

To say the post lacks credibility would be an understatement.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/poll

Social Democrats on 2%, yet you give them 12 seats. All independents/SD/PBP combined are on 13%, yet you give them 25% of the seats.

Fantasy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »

The current polls show nothing like that. They show the current government having a clear increased majority, heading for 90 seats between them. Your prediction shows 64.

Social Democrats on 2%, yet you give them 12 seats. All independents/SD/PBP combined are on 13%, yet you give them 25% of the seats.

Fantasy stuff.

It's a prediction blanch, just like 'FF and FG will coalesce with one another' in perpetuity is a prediction.

It could be the predicted reaction in a GE to FF and FG being honest about the fact they will do whatever it takes to cling to power, who knows.

• Advertisement

It's a prediction blanch, just like 'FF and FG will coalesce with one another' in perpetuity is a prediction.

It could be the predicted reaction in a GE to FF and FG being honest about the fact they will do whatever it takes to cling to power, who knows.

We can all play fantasy politics or fantasy football, but if someone is making a "prediction" that is completely out of line with current reality, I am interested in the reasoning, if any, behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Fantasy stuff.

Mail on Sunday poll has a different spread also - curious how you went straight with the times' poll. Because it puts FG & FF closer to SF perhaps?

We can all play fantasy politics or fantasy football, but if someone is making a "prediction" that is completely out of line with current reality, I am interested in the reasoning, if any, behind it.

These "predictions" all seem to have something in common, demise of most parties except for Sinn Fein.

timmyntc wrote: »
    Mail on Sunday poll has a different spread also - curious how you went straight with the times' poll. Because it puts FG & FF closer to SF perhaps?

Maybe because you can find one of these polls which will back up the point you want to make. Which would suggest these polls are not 100% correct

Well, your reasoning seems to be that FF and FG will always coalesce to cling to power, just because.

It's clear that is based on fantasy if you listen to possible future leaders of FF wh have no issues looking elsewhere for coalition partners.

So your eternal coalition is a bit of a fantasy too.

Well, your reasoning seems to be that FF and FG will always coalesce to cling to power, just because.

It's clear that is based on fantasy if you listen to possible future leaders of FF wh have no issues looking elsewhere for coalition partners.

So you eternal coalition is a bit of a fantasy too.

You are making things up, just to be contrary once again.

There are opinion polls, they point to the likely make-up of the Dail, they allow for reasonable predictions of how many seats each party might get. That is all I am saying.

Fantasy predictions, without any basis, are just being queried by me. If there is some other way that the poster can point to a rationale of independents with 13% of the opinion poll picking up 25% of the seats, let us hear it.

You are making things up, just to be contrary once again.

There are opinion polls, they point to the likely make-up of the Dail, they allow for reasonable predictions of how many seats each party might get. That is all I am saying.

Fantasy predictions, without any basis, are just being queried by me. If there is some other way that the poster can point to a rationale of independents with 13% of the opinion poll picking up 25% of the seats, let us hear it.

He/she is making a prediction based on his/her guess at the next GE election voting figures, not an opinion poll?...just a wild guess. :rolleyes:

He/she is making a prediction based on his/her guess at the next GE election voting figures, not an opinion poll?...just a wild guess. :rolleyes:

You seem to know their thoughts, I don't, hence I am asking questions.

You seem to know their thoughts, I don't, hence I am asking questions.

No, you passed judgement blanch. It was obvious the poster was 'predicting' the result of the next election.

No, you passed judgement blanch. It was obvious the poster was 'predicting' the result of the next election.

Maybe, the poster could answer the question?

• Advertisement

ineedeuro wrote: »

It seems they hired a spokesperson.

They already did, in their post.

It's a rough prediction of the next GE results.

They already did, in their post.

It's a rough prediction of the next GE results.

In an effort to reach your level of pedantry, that tells us nothing in response to the question about the rationale and logic (if any) behind the fantasy prediction.

In an effort to reach your level of pedantry, that tells us nothing in response to the question about the rationale and logic (if any) behind the fantasy prediction.

All I offered was, it is not based on an opinion poll. You are the one predicting the result of the next election based on that, and a putative continuation of the current coalition, which is fine but also only a prediction like Cleudo Monopoly's.

There is no guarantee that a FF/FG coalition will be possible or desirable to the partners.

All I offered was, it is not based on an opinion poll. You are the one predicting the result of the next election based on that, and a putative continuation of the current coalition, which is fine but also only a prediction like Cleudo Monopoly's.

There is no guarantee that a FF/FG coalition will be possible or desirable to the partners.

A prediction founded in logic and rationale carries more weight than one based on fantastical dreaming. I am open to be corrected on the latter point, but it seems you don't have an answer.

A prediction founded in logic and rationale carries more weight than one based on fantastical dreaming. I am open to be corrected on the latter point, but it seems you don't have an answer.

You have been told that basing an opinion on an 'eternal coalition' of FF/FG is also an fantasy.
    Political sense says it is a whimsical fantasy because it signals the decline of one of those parties one way or another.

FF lied to the electorate last time about going into coalition because of this reality.

It's a very early prediction Blanch - Don't get your knickers in a twist :)

I am not basing it on a random poll you might love. I am basing it on where public sentiment will be in 1-2 years time. I am projecting to what people will really be bothered about e.g. the housing crisis (getting worse every month!), the economy and unemployment rates post Covid, the cost of Covid, the review of the Covid response including the meaningful Christmas, the ongoing abysmal handling of the Mother and Baby home investigation, etc etc

FG made Brexit a big deal at the last election and nobody gave a fiddlers about Brexit.

Don't worry, I'll make more predictions for you as we get closer to an election.

These "predictions" all seem to have something in common, demise of most parties except for Sinn Fein.

Ah...SDs and Labour doubled their seats.

You have been told that basing an opinion on an 'eternal coalition' of FF/FG is also an fantasy.
    Political sense says it is a whimsical fantasy because it signals the decline of one of those parties one way or another.

FF lied to the electorate last time about going into coalition because of this reality.

Nobody based an opinion on an "eternal coalition" of FF/FG.

Indeed a previous opinion poll which put a FG/Green/SD/Labour coalition on 40% offered other options.

The key point is that Sinn Fein have never had serious government discussions with any party because not a single party has ever wanted to enter government with them (unless you include PBP).

• Advertisement

Ah...SDs and Labour doubled their seats.

That's why I said "most".
    Look across all of these threads and these similar predications are all been made tell a very similar story. You are just the latest so I wasn't specifically talking about yours.

Personally this far out from an election I wouldn't bother predicting anything, especially with the ability of all parties to be the next bad headline.

Advertisement