Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

• Registered Users Posts: 27,962 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Shebean wrote: »
    It's not a conspiracy theory. It's not happening, currently. It could easily.

It's happened in the past. Just occurred to me if it became subject to redevelopment they'd be at each others throats trying to snag it. It's their nature, based on past events.

Seriously, dude?

What sort of stuff are you reading?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Seriously, dude?

I think it is called www.sinnfein.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Seriously, dude?

Dude?

I just had a thought regarding government parties doing what they do.
    Didn't mean to upset or touch nerves.
    It's not like FF/FG ministers on the take or engaging in shady property deals never happens.
    ineedeuro wrote: »
    I think it is called www.sinnfein.ie

There's a world beyond obsessing over Sinn Fein.

Dude?

I just had a thought regarding government parties doing what they do.
    Didn't mean to upset or touch nerves.
    It's not like FF/FG ministers on the take or engaging in shady property deals never happens.

There's a world beyond obsessing over Sinn Fein.

Are you accusing me of been obsessed over Sinn Fein?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Are you accusing me of been obsessed over Sinn Fein?

Are you not threadbanned from this thread? Pretty sure you are, just under a different username.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/public-is-being-conditioned-for-a-delay-to-indoor-dining-as-politicians-back-off-from-nphet-before-a-row-can-begin-40580834.html

Interesting if this is true, they could safe face on this a little by shutting down indoor dining in hotels but if they delay this opening there is going to be some rage from publicans and restauranters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/0625/1231416-landlords-tenants-housing-pet-rent/

What happens when your focus is on making your market attractive for foreign funds to make money they start ripping off people.

A wonder then why we have such a demand for housing, people trying to get away from rip off ****e like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

https://twitter.com/paulodonoghue93/status/1409137696040181768

That's a lot of informed groups who are against the Housing Plan, wonder is it well thought out.
    For the sake of a lot of younger people the last thing we need is further increases in house prices. I say this as person who owns their house.

votecounts wrote: »

That's a lot of informed groups who are against the Housing Plan, wonder is it well thought out.
    For the sake of a lot of younger people the last thing we need is further increases in house prices. I say this as person who owns their house.

We have vested interests and their elected lackeys, some with backgrounds in teaching and running a pub, telling us these institutions are mistaken. What could go wrong?

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »

What's that Diana Ross song? I'm still waiting?

What's that Diana Ross song? I'm still waiting?

Not a huge surprise. Poor old Paddy is a bit of a clown

votecounts wrote: »

If its wrong it should be stopped, building houses which will just increase the price is idiotic. If the Central Bank are against it why are the government going against them and what have Central Bank said is the best method?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,004 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yet again the unnecessary confusion about re-opening and the government having to succumb to pressure.

I can't understand how they haven't gotten a system for making clear decisions and communicating those decisions, right. Always the chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Yet again the unnecessary confusion about re-opening and the government having to succumb to pressure.

I can't understand how they haven't gotten a system for making clear decisions and communicating those decisions, right. Always the chaos.

Just a pointless rant. Another they're wrong if they do wrong if they don't scenario.
    Do you think they should ignore the medical advice this time?
    That has changed in the last couple of weeks too.

The Axis of Me Feinery ignore medical and health advice when it suits.
    A very sensible solution would be to set a re-opening date and two or three weeks before have a deadline for assessing the situation. State if it will or will not be going ahead in those two/three weeks advance so people can prepare or not waste money.
    What we have is politicians playing politics not wanting the responsibility or accountability.

Just a pointless rant. Another they're wrong if they do wrong if they don't scenario.
    Do you think they should ignore the medical advice this time?
    That has changed in the last couple of weeks too.

They need to be clear and gve people the information they need to run businesses.

You have Harris out kiteflying and no clarity on what is to happen. They say they are meeting on Thursday then pull it back to an emergency earlier meeting because once again they ****ed it up.

Chaos again and no need for it.

The Axis of Me Feinery ignore medical and health advice when it suits.
    A very sensible solution would be to set a re-opening date and two or three weeks before have a deadline for assessing the situation. State if it will or will not be going ahead in those two/three weeks advance so people can prepare or not waste money.
    What we have is politicians playing politics not wanting the responsibility or accountability.

That's all people are asking for...clear information.

So Francie wants them to reopen despite new data about the Delta variant? Or is it that Francie wants them to magic up data before it is available? Or simply just oppose for the sake of opposing?

That's all people are asking for...clear information.

And they are getting clear information when the information is available.

Government: We are worried about the indicators around the Delta variant. This may delay re-opening

Silly ignorant opposition: We want clear information and a decision, and we want that decision now.

Government: We will make a decision when the full information is available and NPHET have had a chance to assess it.

Silly ignorant oppoistion: But we want a decision now, we will stamp our feet and protest until we get one.

Government: You can't have a decision until there is information. The information and assessment are awaited.

Silly ignorant opposition: We don't care, we just want to shout and protest and complain and whinge.

• Advertisement

And they are getting clear information when the information is available.

Government: We are worried about the indicators around the Delta variant. This may delay re-opening

Silly ignorant opposition: We want clear information and a decision, and we want that decision now.

Government: We will make a decision when the full information is available and NPHET have had a chance to assess it.

Silly ignorant oppoistion: But we want a decision now, we will stamp our feet and protest until we get one.

Government: You can't have a decision until there is information. The information and assessment are awaited.

Silly ignorant opposition: We don't care, we just want to shout and protest and complain and whinge.

Government kiteflyng every time a deadline approaches. Nothing to do with the opposition

Still no clarity and every Tom Dick and Harry speculating and kiteflying and hinting.

Said this a year ago.

Why not shut one of these two up - The Government or NPHET - let one of them do the communicating.
    Shut Ministers and those privy to deliberations up - stop them playing 'look at me' in the media. (I'm looking at you Harris, Ryan, Varadkar, Holohan etc)

NPHET make their deliberations, give their advise - government meets to discuss and make final decision - THEN AND ONLY THEN - talk to the media? (oh yeh...stick to the decisions when you make them)

Seems fairly simple if you want to avoid confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Government kiteflyng every time a deadline approaches. Nothing to do with the opposition

I hope you're need for an explanation has been satisfied.
    There's no clear path and the situation is still fluid so good governance following health advice has led to a change in the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I hope you're need for an explanation has been satisfied.
    There's no clear path and the situation is still fluid so good governance following health advice has led to a change in the situation.

Get way out of that. They need to set a clear agenda and open up ridiculous carry on at this stage and now they are kite flying with the suggestion on only opening up indoor dining for vaccinated people. This carry on is wrong and only someone with their head up their arse would not see that. Imagine putting this out to gauge what the reaction is with people livelihoods on the line and modelling from NPHET that hasn't been independently verified. An absolute shambles.

Word of the day is: "kite flying"

At this stage is everyone not aware that a pandemic is hard to predict? especially when a new variant seems to pop up every few months and throw everything up in the air again. I think yesterday was the most vaccines in a day yet, so it seems the HSE are on top of that program which is good. Thank God they didn;t allow the HSE IT department to run it

At this stage is everyone not aware that a pandemic is hard to predict? especially when a new variant seems to pop up every few months and throw everything up in the air again. I think yesterday was the most vaccines in a day yet, so it seems the HSE are on top of that program which is good. Thank God they didn;t allow the HSE IT department to run it

Ah get your head out of your arse. Saying we are considering allowing indoor dining for vaccinated people is nothing more than kite flying to gauge the reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Fair play to you for sticking at it - even in the covid threads, everyone unanimously agrees that NPHET are out of order and that the govt should go ahead with July reopening.

You are the only person to defend the announcement/NPHET/Govt today.

Not the issue I alluded to.

The issue is basic communications.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Get way out of that. They need to set a clear agenda and open up ridiculous carry on at this stage and now they are kite flying with the suggestion on only opening up indoor dining for vaccinated people. This carry on is wrong and only someone with their head up their arse would not see that. Imagine putting this out to gauge what the reaction is with people livelihoods on the line and modelling from NPHET that hasn't been independently verified. An absolute shambles.

What absolute nonsense. A silly rant. Just look at the UK where there have been similar delays and warnings. This Delta variant is a real risk, especially to those partially vaccinated 60-69 year olds.

You and Francie would be giving out if they were ignoring the medical advice, now because the advice is changing, you are blaming the government. Stop playing silly politics.

• Advertisement

timmyntc wrote: »
    Fair play to you for sticking at it - even in the covid threads, everyone unanimously agrees that NPHET are out of order and that the govt should go ahead with July reopening.

You are the only person to defend the announcement/NPHET/Govt today.

Ah they are not the only one, there a few others on here who are defending this latest shambles and it is purely selfish reasons for it because they won't have a bad word said about the government. Shocking really that their hatred of the opposition has clouded their judgement so much

Advertisement