Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,004 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    What absolute nonsense. A silly rant. Just look at the UK where there have been similar delays and warnings. This Delta variant is a real risk, especially to those partially vaccinated 60-69 year olds.

You and Francie would be giving out if they were ignoring the medical advice, now because the advice is changing, you are blaming the government. Stop playing silly politics.

Make the decision if a decision needs to be made STOP the woeful communicating. Stop messing with people in a vain effort to be popular. Get rid of the celeb medical advisors and TD's playing with the public and their egos.

Understand the point being made please blanch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Not the issue I alluded to.

The issue is basic communications.

The issue you have changes like the wind so pointless trying to discuss it. Every thread is the same. Get an opinion and stick to it would be a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What absolute nonsense. A silly rant. Just look at the UK where there have been similar delays and warnings. This Delta variant is a real risk, especially to those partially vaccinated 60-69 year olds.

You and Francie would be giving out if they were ignoring the medical advice, now because the advice is changing, you are blaming the government. Stop playing silly politics.

You are the one playing politics afraid of your life that this will destroy the government and may see the opposition get in. Get way out of that you have no creditibility after the things you have supported and liked on here. Your hatred is clouding your judgement.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Ah they are not the only one, there a few others on here who are defending this latest shambles and it is purely selfish reasons for it because they won't have a bad word said about the government. Shocking really that their hatred of the opposition has clouded their judgement so much

'It's all the Shinners/PBP/de people's fault in 5...4...3..2..1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,962 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Make the decision if a decision needs to be made STOP the woeful communicating. Stop messing with people in a vain effort to be popular. Get rid of the celeb medical advisors and TD's playing with the public and their egos.

You ranted for months on here about the Government not following the medical advice, now you want them to ignore it. That is the definition of playing silly politics.

Understand the point being made. Your outrage is politically driven, not policy driven or concern for wellbeing. Naked populist political opportunism.

• Advertisement

ineedeuro wrote: »
    The issue you have changes like the wind so pointless trying to discuss it. Every thread is the same. Get an opinion and stick to it would be a help.

Read it again so. Here is my post on 'the issue'.
    Still no clarity and every Tom Dick and Harry speculating and kiteflying and hinting.

Said this a year ago.

Why not shut one of these two up - The Government or NPHET - let one of them do the communicating.
    Shut Ministers and those privy to deliberations up - stop them playing 'look at me' in the media. (I'm looking at you Harris, Ryan, Varadkar, Holohan etc)

NPHET make their deliberations, give their advise - government meets to discuss and make final decision - THEN AND ONLY THEN - talk to the media? (oh yeh...stick to the decisions when you make them)

Seems fairly simple if you want to avoid confusion.

You ranted for months on here about the Government not following the medical advice, now you want them to ignore it. That is the definition of playing silly politics.

Understand the point being made. Your outrage is politically driven, not policy driven or concern for wellbeing. Naked populist political opportunism.

Where did I say, I want them to 'ignore it'?

Lies and misrepresentation again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Read it again so. Here is my post on 'the issue'.

Yet a few weeks ago you wanted something different, and a few weeks before that, and before

Most people have an opinion and that might change over time but not on a weekly basis depending on what a political party does. As I said get an opinion and stick to it. Then you can join a debate

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Yet a few weeks ago you wanted something different, and a few weeks before that, and before

WHERE did I want something different. You are, like blanch, lying to deflect from the issue.

Where did I say, I want them to 'ignore it'?

Do you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It is fear of making that decision

Do you ?

I want them all to do their jobs properly. The idea that government are fully following NPHET has been shot to hell over the pandemic. If the government are going to 'consider' the advice and implement some of it, they need to stop the leaks and kite-flying from 'look at me' ministers, they need to tell NPHET to stop confusing the issues and not to pre-empt the decision makers (NPHET work for the government they are not autonomous rivals to government)

Those simple measures would stop the incompetent shambles this has turned into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

"WHY CAN'T WE BE MORE LIKE AUSTRALIA?" they said.
    June 29th 2021- millions in 2-week lockdown

I want them all to do their jobs properly. The idea that government are fully following NPHET has been shot to hell over the pandemic. If the government are going to 'consider' the advice and implement some of it, they need to stop the leaks and kite-flying from 'look at me' ministers, they need to tell NPHET to stop confusing the issues and not to pre-empt the decision makers (NPHET work for the government they are not autonomous rivals to government)

The question was Do you want the government to not fully align with Nphet advice ?
    Yes or No ?
    (I'm a yes btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

If they were all keeping quiet until a decision is made, like you are suggesting, and there were rumours circling around in public of a potential delayed reopening, you'd be up in arms anyway about a lack of clarity.

The question was Do you want the government to not fully align with Nphet advice ?
    Yes or No ?
    (I'm a yes btw)

The government have never fully aligned with NPHET advice. This was pointed out again and again while Varadkar's government and it's defenders adamantly claimed it was, at the beginning. Then that changed to the government only considers the advice and follows the parts it thinks appropriate. (Don't believe me? Read the early threads on here)

I have given up expecting them to be honest about this. They will say they are just following advice when it suits.

I think they should follow 'health' advice and clearly communicate it, first and foremost.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    If they were all keeping quiet until a decision is made, like you are suggesting, and there were rumours circling around in public of a potential delayed reopening, you'd be up in arms anyway about a lack of clarity.

A 'rumour' is different to 'look at me leaks' and kiteflying by a government too afraid to make clear rational decisions.

Rumours abound everywhere about everything.

"WHY CAN'T WE BE MORE LIKE AUSTRALIA?" they said.
    June 29th 2021- millions in 2-week lockdown

Yes, I remember that chorus. The usual suspects on here gave it loads. They also followed Zero Covid for a while.

They change like the wind, always looking for some angle so that the Government is wrong. The Government haven't got everything right, but on the whole have done a competent job handling the crisis. As a result the perpetual naysayers have made fools of themselves, being wrong more often than right.

I think they should follow 'health' advice and clearly communicate it, first and foremost.

So that's a yes then
    They in your opinion should follow NPHET advice
    We'll see what NPHET advice is so and we'll know what you agree with and apply that to decoding your comments henceforth
    So a divergence from SF from you,who don't agree with indoor dining for fully vaccinated only
    Interesting

Yes, I remember that chorus. The usual suspects on here gave it loads. They also followed Zero Covid for a while.

They change like the wind, always looking for some angle so that the Government is wrong. The Government haven't got everything right, but on the whole have done a competent job handling the crisis. As a result the perpetual naysayers have made fools of themselves, being wrong more often than right.

Give a couple of quotes from 'the usual suspects'.

Nah, that would be being honest and not mis-representing.

By the way, why are you getting so triggered when people come on here to discuss those things 'the government are getting wrong'? In respect of communications - getting it wrong again and again.

• Advertisement

So that's a yes then
    They in your opinion should follow NPHET advice
    We'll see what NPHET advice is so and we'll know what you agree with and apply that to decoding your comments henceforth
    So a divergence from SF from you,who don't agree with indoor dining for fully vaccinated only
    Interesting

They should follow 'health advice' if that is what they say they are doing.

Stop messing with people's heads by one day saying you are taking decisions based on health advice and the next day saying they are only part of what government has to consider.

In short, stop hiding behind things.

They should follow 'health advice' if that is what they say they are doing.

Stop messing with people's heads by one day saying you are taking decisions based on health advice and the next day saying they are only part of what government has to consider.

In short, stop hiding behind things.

Why are you refusing to say follow NPHET advice and why are you putting health advice in inverted commas?
    Your language is looking like the sin you're railing against
    Can you not be concise too? Practice what you preach like?
    Following NPHET advice in full good?
    Not Following it,compromising bad etc

Why are you refusing to say follow NPHET advice and why are you putting health advice in inverted commas?
    Your language is looking like the sin you're railing against
    Can you not be concise too? Practice what you preach like?
    Following NPHET advice in full good?
    Not Following it,compromising bad etc

Health advice...which has varied from HSE advice, WHO advice, NPHET advice etc.

When Leo was having a go at NPHET and Tony Holohan he specifically said they (NPHET) had not sought HSE advice.

Leo set the parameters here, not me. If they say they are 'following health advice' which they have said numerous times (Usinf those 3 words - not specifying NPHET alone) then they should do that.

And to get off the tangent/deflection, be clear about communicating that, without the bewildering and confusing leaking/kiteflying/posturing and look at me phalanx of ego's.

When Leo was having a go at NPHET and Tony Holohan he specifically said they (NPHET) had not sought HSE advice.

Leo set the parameters here, not me. If they say they are 'following health advice' which they have said numerous times (Usinf those 3 words - not specifying NPHET alone) then they should do that.

And to get off the tangent/deflection, be clear about communicating that, without the bewildering and confusing leaking/kiteflying/posturing and look at me phalanx of ego's.

You certainly have changed position dramatically. Not for the first time.

The fact that you as a discusser here are doing exactly in your language what you're complaining the government is doing is very relevant
    Your refusal to recognise NPHET's position as the chief medical experts for Ireland and to instead slide around looking for all available language options to use them only when it suits you being a case in point
    Its rank hypocrisy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Business sector led up the garden path again by Govt. Will the evidence which alleges these new 700k cases be released today for peer review by other experts. Or will it be behind a veil of secrecy. A total outlier now in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I love that the coalition of chaos is going to end their first year in office with another week of utter confusion and kite flying (leaks). The hospitality industry are furious due to the late data/decision and it's now suggested they will have to screen for vaccinated patrons only. Totally unworkable at present and easily manipulated.

A meaningful July but only for over 40s?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Business sector led up the garden path again by Govt. Will the evidence which alleges these new 700k cases be released today for peer review by other experts. Or will it be behind a veil of secrecy. A total outlier now in Europe.

On Friday we will be the only country in Europe not allowing indoor dining.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

You certainly have changed position dramatically. Not for the first time.

Bull**** again and not backed up.

Here is a quick search result, criticising Leo for 'confusing' the issue doing exactly what I mentioned this morning, 'leaking and playing 'look at me' games with people, their health and their businesses EIGHT MONTHS AGO.
    Anyway, I see Leo is back to talking about a lockdown having pointlessly confused
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114891796&postcount=1508

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

On Friday we will be the only country in Europe not allowing indoor dining.

Other countries are trying to live with this virus, our reaction is lock everything down and hope it goes away.

Advertisement