Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

blanch152 wrote: »
    The next election is a long way away.

(1) Leo will be Taoiseach, a far better communicator than Martin
    (2) Green policies will be having a real positive effect

I hate SF, but I'd never be able to get to the place that some people have, which is delusional support for the other side.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Poor Marc seems to have forgotten Fianna Fail are in Government? :confused:

https://twitter.com/MarcMacsharryTD/status/1409850227717251073

• Registered Users Posts: 27,962 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I hate SF, but I'd never be able to get to the place that some people have, which is delusional support for the other side.

How is pointing out the differences between now and then "delusional support for the other side"? If there is an election tomorrow, I will vote Green, it is most likely they get my vote the next time out as well.

In fact, if anything was delusional, it was the statement that "the next GE will be a FF FG bloodbath."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Really? apart from the usuals who seem to lose the plot at every announcement, most people at this stage would prefer to just get the pandemic over & done with. Not having a meal inside for a few weeks is not going to massively affect them

It's affecting ograFG. They're calling for a demo.
    More Shinners now on the anti govt bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

blanch152 wrote: »
    The next election is a long way away.

(1) Leo will be Taoiseach, a far better communicator than Martin
    (2) Green policies will be having a real positive effect

I think Varadkar's biggest problem is shooting his mouth off and undermining colleagues. It's his leaking or commenting out of school causes much of the confusion. He seems to want to be seen as apart from the very government he's in.
    Be years before we see any slim benefits from the Green watered down plans. There won't be any Green minister in office by that point.

• Advertisement

Shebean wrote: »
    I think Varadkar's biggest problem is shooting his mouth off and undermining colleagues. It's his leaking or commenting out of school causes much of the confusion. He seems to want to be seen as apart from the very government he's in.
    Be years before we see any slim benefits from the Green watered down plans.

In fairness he has got rep for #leaks. So much so that the Gardai are investigating.
    #notanormalparty

• Registered Users Posts: 69,003 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A possibility of being in jail or a possibility of being Taoiseach.

Sums up this government

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Fann Linn wrote: »

What has "Shinners" got to do with ograFG?
    Wasn't it FF making the announcement this afternoon in terms of the pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I expected to see something like that from the opposition , he's effectively feeding them a narrative that could be easily run with.

Didn't help Leo's comments yesterday makes them all look bad be interesting to see the blow back from this and if it will herald the end of NPHET in it's current form.

Poor lad is rightly getting hammered, complaining when you are a TD in government about what the government are doing is very very stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Poor lad is rightly getting hammered, complaining when you are a TD in government about what the government are doing is very very stupid.

Varadkar made a good career out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

UK at 22,000 cases today, up from 1600 3 weeks ago. With pubs open the Euros and D-variant ot will be at 40,000 plus inside 2 weeks.
    The right call to keep pubs closed given the new knowledge on variants

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's not surprising.

Seems like only last year* someone from ogra FG wanted to sacrifice the old and vulnerable do as he could get drinking and get up to some general tomfoolery with his pals.

*Actually it was.

Martin was actually very good on Six One there
    Explaining,levelling and answering well
    The logic seems clear

Several countries shown on the same programme to be implementing a digital covid cert style entry to indoor dining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

The logic seems clear

Several countries shown on the same programme to be implementing a digital covid cert style entry to indoor dining

Do a lot of those not allow an antigen test if you're not vaccinated. Therefore anyone can get a cert. Here, your under 40 and haven't jumped the vaccine queue you can stay outside. It's a slight but important difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

The logic seems clear

Those would be the countries that planned well in advance for it and didn't leave it until the week before indoor dining was due to open to decide they might try do something about it.

What has "Shinners" got to do with ograFG?
    Wasn't it FF making the announcement this afternoon in terms of the pandemic?

FF in govt with FG last I heard.Are ye trying to make some distance?
    And as for the 'Shinners' remark, appears to be a consensus around these parts that anyone who objects to FFG is actually in SF.

Those would be the countries that planned well in advance for it and didn't leave it until the week before indoor dining was due to open to decide they might try do something about it.

This .
    Donnelly was all at sea today at one. Hadn't a breeze on how it would be done. Hapless.

FF in govt with FG last I heard.Are ye trying to make some distance?
    And as for the 'Shinners' remark, appears to be a consensus around these parts that anyone who objects to FFG is actually in SF.

Im not in SF and I object to items FFG put forward, not all but some. I don't see that consensus at all you refer to, but I do see a lot of Sinn Fein supporters who seem to think the World is against them. It's the press one day and the next it is everyone in Ireland who is not a SF supporter.

It is good to see that ograFG can go against the older members of the party and if they want they should march against them. You see above a FF TD is also going against the party. That is political and everyone can have different opinions. In the case of the FF TD he really should have posted what he had done to stop the new regulations.

It seems to me Sinn Fein TD's and supporters seem to think they have to churn out the party political broadcast and if they don't they are the enemy.

This .
    Donnelly was all at sea today at one. Hadn't a breeze on how it would be done. Hapless.

That might be because Nphet sprung it on him last night....
    Have you decided whether you're in favour of being in full alignment with nphet advice yet?
    I've asked a few times

• Advertisement

Have you decided whether you're in favour of being in full alignment with nphet advice yet?
    I've asked a few times

Problem with Nphet advice appears to be that only the cabinet have access to it. There have been calls for the last 48 hours for Nphet to publish it's data for peer review. They won't.

Nphet are against Antigen testing yet never read the Govt independent review of same. Wasn't too long ago Nphet was against masks, now they are almost mandatory. Then AZ was good for OAPs, then it wasn't, then it was no use for 50 year olds, but okay for those aged 40.

A representative body suggested that the Data be released to the ECDC or WHO for their analysis. A fair comment I would have thought considering the way we are operating in contrast to our EU neighbours. Will it happen? No. We'll just be left with daft Nphet advice that says it's okay for an unvaccinated 20 something to serve me a meal, but not okay for that same person to eat their own lunch on the same premises.

It's a good day for the conspiracy theorists when they are rightly justified in saying that the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

I've asked a few times

Ah...so it's NPHET's fault something that has been touted, kiteflown for a while now has not been looked at?

Okey dokey. :eek:

I give you my answer yesterday to the question.

The government should follow the health advice they receive.

There is no onus or responsibility on me, an ordinary citizen to be in full alignment with NPHET or the government. (nor you either, as it happens)

Problem with Nphet advice appears to be that only the cabinet have access to it. There have been calls for the last 48 hours for Nphet to publish it's data for peer review. They won't.

Nphet are against Antigen testing yet never read the Govt independent review of same. Wasn't too long ago Nphet was against masks, now they are almost mandatory. Then AZ was good for OAPs, then it wasn't, then it was no use for 50 year olds, but okay for those aged 40.

A representative body suggested that the Data be released to the ECDC or WHO for their analysis. A fair comment I would have thought considering the way we are operating in contrast to our EU neighbours. Will it happen? No. We'll just be left with daft Nphet advice that says it's okay for an unvaccinated 20 something to serve me a meal, but not okay for that same person to eat their own lunch on the same premises.

It's a good day for the conspiracy theorists when they are rightly justified in saying that the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

You'd be forgiven for thinking Nphet are modeled on the politburo with Tony as President

aa-Cover-iss492mpkj8bbr8fg1dsq0e9a1-20171025013050.Medi.jpeg

Ah...so it's NPHET's fault something that has been touted, kiteflown for a while now has not been looked at?

Okey dokey. :eek:

I give you my answer yesterday to the question.

The government should follow the health advice they receive.

There is no onus or responsibility on me, an ordinary citizen to be in full alignment with NPHET or the government. (nor you either, as it happens)

I didn't ask if you should be in alignment with the governments health advisors
    I asked you if the government should be
    Again no reference to nphet in the answer in case it slows maximimum warp giving out for you
    Its a clever but unfortunately see through use of plausible obfuscation

I will say one other thing about today's announcement, there was no time for discussion as clarity on decision-making was the priority
    Damned if they do
    Damned if they don't
    Who'd be a government eh?
    Nothing but hassle

I didn't ask if you should be in alignment with the governments health advisors
    I asked you if the government should be
    Again no reference to nphet in the answer in case it slows maximimum warp giving out for you
    Its a clever but unfortunately see through use of plausible obfuscation

I will say one other thing about today's announcement, there was no time for discussion as clarity on decision-making was the priority
    Damned if they do
    Damned if they don't
    Who'd be a government eh?
    Nothing but hassle

Clarity on decision making?

You didn't hear Donnelly's car crash at One obviously.

Clarity on decision making?

You didn't hear Donnelly's car crash at One obviously.

I'm not a fan
    But regardless, no one could have answers for the more contentious elements of the nphet advice without consultation
    He really should have been saying that
    Yes there's clarity, the government have said here's the position, make of it what you can restaurateurs because it's what Nphet suggests

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ElektroToad

Can't see the FFG getting much of the under 40's vote next GE.

The ongoing housing crisis is bad enough, but now they're trying to ban the same age cohort from having a meal or drink indoors this summer? :pac:

The problem they have is they have been far to slow on the rollout and its reached a natural conclusion, the haves versus the have nots.

No matter what they do they are onto a loosing battle. It was always going to be a hard sell as soon as summer hit and the sun came out.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/young-people-to-be-left-on-the-outside-looking-in-as-nation-gets-partitioned-40595414.html

Could they have done it better is down to perspective, this government has relied on putting minimal effort and resourcing into it. They need the likes of NPHET as they need a scape goat but i don't think they will get away unscathe.

I'm not a fan
    But regardless, no one could have answers for the more contentious elements of the nphet advice without consultation
    He really should have been saying that
    Yes there's clarity, the government have said here's the position, make of it what you can restaurateurs because it's what Nphet suggests

Sure.
    Donnelly was saying at One that when indoor dining resumes, the customers will be vaccinated the staff not.

Crystal clear. :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Went and listened to that interview, definitely a car crash. All over the place and not knowing what to say just say something anything to stop the questions.

At one point had said they are following European protocol and travel but they actual prefer Nphets recommendation but they wouldnt be implementing it. Its like they want to have a shield for anything that could go wrong.

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/news-at-one/podcasts/

Advertisement