Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,003 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Calhoun wrote: »
    Went and listened to that interview, definitely a car crash. All over the place and not knowing what to say just say something anything to stop the questions.

At one point had said they are following European protocol and travel but they actual prefer Nphets recommendation but they wouldnt be implementing it. Its like they want to have a shield for anything that could go wrong.

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/news-at-one/podcasts/

Neither I nor Bryan Dobson could figure out what he was saying. Dobson tried his best to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

He's gonna be on Prime Time tonight also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Can't see the FFG getting much of the under 40's vote next GE.

The ongoing housing crisis is bad enough, but now they're trying to ban the same age cohort from having a meal or drink indoors this summer? :pac:

If anyone it’s older people who want to go into a nice pub/restaurant and have a pint and meal, not sit outside in made up areas for pints and grub

Young people don’t give a crap and it’s just pints

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

He would want to get his **** in order, clear understandable message and he will be somewhat ok.

Having glaringly obvious gaps in his plan or trying to hide behind Nphet wont do him any favors.

Sure.
    Donnelly was saying at One that when indoor dining resumes, the customers will be vaccinated the staff not.

Crystal clear. :pac::pac:

It would seem fairly simple to me. I dont know but I would think this is the reasoning.

If someone in the restaurant is infected it would be a member of the staff because the customers are all injected. So they will pass to other members of staff. But any public that come in will not be infected.

If people without both injections went into the restaurant and a staff member had the virus then you infect the staff and also the customer. Which means you are spreading the virus further and further. Also the customer could bring in and infect the staff

By just allowing the possibility of staff in a restaurant without both jabs it massively reduces the risk. Plus you would expect the restaurant can just keep a track of staff to see if sick/running temp etc. The customers are no longer a risk as they have both jabs

How are people so baffled by this decision? is it intentional or are people actually not able to work this out themselves?

• Advertisement

To be fair ,Holohan could advise that only expert carrot cake bakers should enter Ireland on the DCC and the government couldn't implement it
    The qualifications for DCC is EU competency
    Hence Donnelly would have been factually correct that they might like the no pcr idea but cannot do that

ineedeuro wrote: »
    It would seem fairly simple to me. I dont know but I would think this is the reasoning.

If someone in the restaurant is infected it would be a member of the staff because the customers are all injected. So they will pass to other members of staff. But any public that come in will not be infected.

If people without both injections went into the restaurant and a staff member had the virus then you infect the staff and also the customer. Which means you are spreading the virus further and further. Also the customer could bring in and infect the staff

By just allowing the possibility of staff in a restaurant without both jabs it massively reduces the risk. Plus you would expect the restaurant can just keep a track of staff to see if sick/running temp etc. The customers are no longer a risk as they have both jabs

How are people so baffled by this decision? is it intentional or are people actually not able to work this out themselves?
    To be fair ,Holohan could advise that only expert carrot cake bakers should enter Ireland on the DCC and the government couldn't implement it
    The qualifications for DCC is EU competency
    Hence Donnelly would have been factually correct that they might like the no pcr idea but cannot do that

Both of you...if that is what he meant (and I doubt it, he just didn't fecking know what he was talking about, again) he should have said that.

You are proving the point, the government's communications have and still are woeful due to incompetent ministers in key roles who are not on top of their briefs.

Both of you...if that is what he meant (and I doubt it, he just didn't fecking know what he was talking about, again) he should have said that.

You are proving the point, the government's communications have and still are woeful due to incompetent ministers in key roles who are not on top of their briefs.

To be fair to me,I've never said Donnelly is competent
    Don't know why he's a minister
    To get one up.on his Greystones rival I'd say
    He's by a country mile the weakest minister in any government in a long time in my humble opinion and that of a lot of people who'd support this government
    Nothing new there
    You may aswell tell us it was warm today:)
    My point earlier simply was,you can't give out about what can't be changed and that's DCC requirements

On Holahan,he put the pcr comment in there to cover his ar5e,I should imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Gone to shît since the SCU got torn asunder by FF, Leo can't be happy with Michaél for that act of treachery tbh.

This was announced days ago that the restaurants would only be people who have both injections. Today was the confirmation.
    I don't have time an have better thing to do than sit around all day waiting for someone on tv or radio to tell me what they mean, bit of cop on people. It's fairly simple.

If you have 2 jabs, go out for dinner in restaurant. If you don't then you can't. Whats the confusion?

• Advertisement

He's by a country mile the weakest minister in any government in a long time in my humble opinion and that of a lot of people who'd support this government
    Nothing new there
    My point earlier simply was,you can't give out about what can't be changed and that's DCC requirements

Donnelly just part of the problem. The other ego's out leaking and kiteflying are to blame too.

Nothing new there

Everyone knows he is over his head, so why sit around waiting to listen to an interview and then complain about him. 12 months ago it was clear he wasn't right for the role, are people suddenly expecting today he was going to roll out a master class?

This was announced days ago that the restaurants would only be people who have both injections. Today was the confirmation.
    I don't have time an have better thing to do than sit around all day waiting for someone on tv or radio to tell me what they mean, bit of cop on people. It's fairly simple.

If you have 2 jabs, go out for dinner in restaurant. If you don't then you can't. Whats the confusion?

I think you are confused. None of that is confirmed yet. Cancel the taxi and the babysitter!

Donnelly just part of the problem. The other ego's out leaking and kiteflying are to blame too.

To blame for what?
    The government implemented Nphet advice practically immediately
    Utter clarity

To blame for what?
    The government implemented Nphet advice practically immediately
    Utter clarity

For chaotic communication.

But sure it's alright according to ineedeuro - we all knew Donnelly was incompetent.

Dear lord, the stretching.

I think you are confused. None of that is confirmed yet. Cancel the taxi and the babysitter!

I haven't even had my first, let alone my second. But I have no problem sitting outside, actually prefer the banter outside than in a stuffy pub with drunks falling all over you trying to get to a bar....
    It's standard in Europe to sit outside so nothing new to me.

I haven't even had my first, let alone my second. But I have no problem sitting outside, actually prefer the banter outside than in a stuffy pub with drunks falling all over you trying to get to a bar....

'I'm alright jack?'...Ok. :rolleyes:

For chaotic communication.

But sure it's alright according to ineedeuro - we all knew Donnelly was incompetent.

Dear lord, the stretching.

Martins 1pm speech was chaotic?
    Did he fall down the steps while I blinked or something?
    Decision immediate
    Here's what Nphet says you can work with
    We know it's not ideal for you
    Make what you can with it or stay as you are

Stop trying to be disingenuous and stop spinning your square peg,
    Square yokes don't

Have you come to a position yet by the way on whether you agree with the government's decision being aligned to Nphet's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

We don't generally have the weather for that between wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Although it pains me to say it the thing is I firmly believe SF would follow Holohan's and Donnelly's idiotic advice also.

• Advertisement

Martins 1pm speech was chaotic?
    Did he fall down the steps while I blinked or something?
    Decision immediate
    Here's what Nphet says you can work with
    We know it's not ideal for you
    Make what you can with it or stay as you are

Stop trying to be disingenuous and stop spinning your square peg,
    Square yokes don't

Have you come to a position yet by the way on whether you agree with the government's decision being aligned to Nphet's ?

Hey Marine...I posted about this at 10am yesterday.

*and I answered your question...yesterday.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Although it pains me to say it the thing is I firmly believe SF would follow Holohan's and Donnelly's idiotic advice also.

What option would they have? go against it and people die?

What option would they have? go against it and people die?

Or get further advice considering his track record.

Maybe so, would the communications be as chaotic though.

Hey Marine...I posted about this at 10am yesterday.

*and I answered your question...yesterday.

Obliquely, Francie
    I'm sure I complained
    My question was today btw unless I'm gone doolally or you're in Serbia
    I'm probably gone doolally regardless;)

Obliquely, Francie

Nothing oblique about it. You just didn't get the answer you wanted.
    I'm sure I complained
    My question was today btw unless I'm gone doolally or you're in Serbia
    I'm probably gone doolally regardless;)

You've lost me with this.

They'd probably follow Holohan's
    Like everyone we are all exhausted with this pandemic though and Even though there's loads of positive parameters now in Ireland, God knows what curve ball is coming next
    We just don't know
    I'd keep my eye on the seatbelt and helmet

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    We don't generally have the weather for that between wind and rain.

The rain in ireland is generally not that heavy, it’s misty sh*t that just never stops. The wind is easily stopped

Maybe so, would the communications be as chaotic though.

I heard Donnelly's incoherent ramblings today at 1.00 and he was pathetic. However, the options that are being given out now by Nphet are so off the wall and contradictory that I don't think anyone could really believe them and communicate them out to a wider audience.

Where would I like to see a difference? For a start they could demand a bit more efficiency in getting the data released and debated and certainly not handed into a Minister of Health half an hour before a cabinet meeting.

Secondly, Donnelly was at pains to day to state that he was going to meet reps from the hospitality sector ASAP. Someone from the industry made the point later today that he hadn't met them to date.

So you're right Francie, nobody in all of DE including the Healy Rae's and Mattie McGrath could be as poor as Stephen Donnelly if they were in charge of the Health portfolio.

• Advertisement

Or get further advice considering his track record.

From? I don’t think any organisation is going to come in without weeks reviewing and say they are wrong. Again people dying

Advertisement