Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

votecounts wrote: »

Ah yeah but you see he is not SF so that's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Why wouldn't they give out about an expensive vanity project with taxpayers money? If they SCU was the right thing to do they wouldn't have got rid of it.

LOL, just lol.

You have burnt through a few keyboards the past few months yourself, giving out about the lack of solid and unified communication from the government, yet you are quick then to give out about any attempts to improve communications as a 'vanity' project.

I guess good communication in a pandemic is a vanity project alright! :P:P:P:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,993 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    LOL, just lol.

You have burnt through a few keyboards the past few months yourself, giving out about the lack of solid and unified communication from the government, yet you are quick then to give out about any attempts to improve communications as a 'vanity' project.

I guess good communication in a pandemic is a vanity project alright! :P:P:P:rolleyes:

Why was it shelved if it was that 'good'?

There hasn't been good communication and the SCU would not, even with its budget, have been able to gloss over why. Incompetence and jostling egos.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,961 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There hasn't been good communication and the SCU would not, even with its budget, have been able to gloss over why. Incompetence and jostling egos.

It was shelved because FF were against it from their time as the kneejerk opposition.

The SCU is exactly the kind of thing you are calling for in wanting better communications, but because it was a FG initiative you can't bring yourself to support it.

• Advertisement

Because of politics, like the Irish Language Act in the North.
    If that was so good, why wasn't it enacted? :D

How do you know that? You don't and are simply bluffing.

Because of politics, like the Irish Language Act in the North.
    If that was so good, why wasn't it enacted? :D

Jeepers, no shame there Mark.

How do you know that? You don't and are simply bluffing.

How do you assess incompetence and jostling egos? By observing what is happening.

:) Fair point from Caul.
    Also the irony of Leo criticising Doherty for talking over the bell and then doing it himself. Smacks of Leo and his food parcel gaff. Not to mention the accusation of being obsessed with social media presence. :):)

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1410567215775203329

Jeepers, no shame there Mark.

You were caught out more like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

:) Fair point from Caul.
    Also the irony of Leo criticising Doherty for talking over the bell and then doing it himself. Smacks of Leo and his food parcel gaff. Not to mention the accusation of being obsessed with social media presence. :):)

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1410567215775203329

Yes defending TD's acting like ignorant pigs in the work place is what we should do.

• Advertisement

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Yes defending TD's acting like ignorant pigs in the work place is what we should do.

Yeh, like no-one ever raised their voice in the Dàil before...them nasty Shinners.

Mick Caul is posting the usual to his like minded followers
    Shock horror
    Those who are not like minded have a different opinion of Leo's comments
    I think in this thread twitter dumping opinions of people whose opinion we already know isn't discussion
    My post count has now increased by one
    I may cut down on this.

You were caught out more like it.

No Mark. It was a lowball refusal on your part to see a difference between anti Irish bigotry and a government party shamed into not wasting money. The reason they didn't pursue it.
    Those looking for an equal status for the Irish language act didnt drop it in shame.

Mick Caul is posting the usual to his like minded followers
    Shock horror
    Those who are not like minded have a different opinion of Leo's comments
    I think in this thread twitter dumping opinions of people whose opinion we already know isn't discussion
    My post count has now increased by one
    I may cut down on this.

It was a tweet wirh comment by me on it. If you have an issue, report the post. It will save your post count.

It was a tweet wirh comment by me on it. If you have an issue, report the post. It will save your post count.

No problem at all with it
    Opinions do vary,mine is that quoting pointless tweets and indeed making them is digital mirror gazing
    In Cauls case content puffing for his group of mirror talkers
    My opinion there,thanks for asking,has raised my post count by two now
    This is fantastic

Opinions do vary,mine is that quoting pointless tweets and indeed making them is digital mirror gazing
    This is fantastic

Here's a novel way to increase your post count...comment on the issues raised and don't try to censor?

Just an idea. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Yeh, like no-one ever raised their voice in the Dàil before...them nasty Shinners.

Any TD from any party. If they can’t act with respect then get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

There wont be too many TDs volunteering for the weekend radio shows this weekend. The govt are losing public confidence. Again.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Here's a novel way to increase your post count...comment on the issues raised and don't try to censor?

Just an idea. ;)

Where did I not comment and where did I censor?
    Realise people not like minded with you see through the twitter dumps for what they are
    Mirror gazing
    Theres a much better idea...

I was never a fan of Alan Kelly but he has been a good Labour leader to date. He can pack a punch.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0701/1232341-coronavirus-ireland/

Decision on delaying reopening was 'chaos' - Kelly
    "It's embarrassing ... It was chaos ... unacceptable", Deputy Kelly said, where Cabinet ministers "either didn't understand what was in front of them" or "they were misled. It's either one or the other."

• Advertisement

They really don't like you this week Francie...which can only mean one thing...full damage limitation mode ;)

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0701/1232502-ibec-warns-reopening-delay-could-damage-wider-recovery/

Ibec warns reopening delay could damage wider economic recovery

The chief executive of the employers' group Ibec has warned that a lack of clarity on plans for a further reopening of the economy could materially impact the economic recovery.
    "Much greater certainty and information is needed for all businesses on the Government's modelling data, timelines and milestones for the revised vaccine rollout, the use of antigen testing, and the GDPR issues for employers generally on requesting and holding information in relation to vaccination status," Danny McCoy said.

"The Government must improve its communications to business. The events of this week clearly illustrate that a more effective stakeholder engagement model is badly required."

Lack of clarity on plans? There was only 1 half baked plan and absolutely no risk mitigation plans. Unbelievable.

Now we have a working group...

Where did I not comment and where did I censor?
    Realise people not like minded with you see through the twitter dumps for what they are
    Mirror gazing
    Theres a much better idea...

A tweet with a comment is no different to a snippet from a newspaper with a comment or a radio programme.

Looking for action on 'twitter dumps' is an attempt to stop the posting of comment = censorship. Comments I suspect you don't like.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0701/1232502-ibec-warns-reopening-delay-could-damage-wider-recovery/

Ibec warns reopening delay could damage wider economic recovery

The chief executive of the employers' group Ibec has warned that a lack of clarity on plans for a further reopening of the economy could materially impact the economic recovery.

Lack of clarity on plans? There was only 1 half baked plan and absolutely no risk mitigation plans. Unbelievable.

Now we have a working group...

Would you have opened indoor dining in the current circumstances?
    I don't think the soc dems would or SF
    Everyone has been blind sided by Delta and Nphet's job
    A large outbreak in Dungarvan according to Nphet today began in a pub there
    The good news is there's brilliant news from South Africa today on the efficacy of the 1 shot jaansen on delta and AstraZeneca is going to a 1 month gap
    We will be looking at a different story in a month or two
    Most adults will have a DCC
    I don't like the delay either but events again are neck and neck with decisions

A tweet with a comment is no different to a snippet from a newspaper with a comment or a radio programme.

Looking for action on 'twitter dumps' is an attempt to stop the posting of comment = censorship. Comments I suspect you don't like.

Nonsense
    I just called you out on the mirror gazing of it
    You're annoyed at that
    Vent away as far as I'm concerned if it's your thing
    I'd have thought pointing out people like me of a firmly different opinion just gloss over mirror gazing twitter dumps would be helpful to you learning how to punch through a point
    Obviously not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,961 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I don't think the soc dems would or SF
    Everyone has been blind sided by Delta and Nphet's job
    The good news is there's brilliant news from South Africa today on the efficacy of the 1 shot jaansen on delta and AstraZeneca is going to a 1 month gap
    We will be looking at a different story in a month or two
    Most adults will have a DCC
    I don't like the delay either but events again are neck and neck with decisions

There is no satisfying some people.

The same posters who were complaining at Christmas that the government opened too fast are now complaining that the government is opening too slowly. They are taking their cue from equally clueless opposition politicians.

Nonsense
    I just called you out on the mirror gazing of it
    You're annoyed at that
    Vent away as far as I'm concerned if it's your thing
    I'd have thought pointing out people like me of a firmly different opinion just gloss over mirror gazing twitter dumps would be helpful to you learning how to punch through a point
    Obviously not :)

You don't like twitter we get it.

What does 'mirror gazing' mean?

Caul made the point that it is hypocritical for Leo, who has had to apologise in the Dáil and is under a Garda investigation at this very moment to accuse anybody else of disgracing it or mis-using it.

Do you agree with that or disagree.

You don't like twitter we get it.

What does 'mirror gazing' mean?

Caul made the point that it is hypocritical for Leo, who has had to apologise in the Dáil and is under a Garda investigation at this very moment to accuse anybody else of disgracing it or mis-using it.

Do you agree with that or disagree.

I don't think Leo could ever be accused of bullying in the workplace so of course I disagree with the mirror gazing tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

Don’t know about a pub but cases stemmed from a funeral that had people attending that returned from the uk with no quaritine

• Advertisement

This is fantastic

Twitter dumps are one of my pet peeves. Especially when they originate from someone like Caul!

Advertisement