Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I don't think Leo could ever be accused of bullying in the workplace so of course I disagree with the mirror gazing tweet

'bullying in the workplace'??? :):)

Oh dear. That made my evening, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

'bullying in the workplace'??? :):)

Oh dear. That made my evening, thanks.

Anything to avoid answering the question that is being asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

It's quite clear, again, the Government are incapable of leading. They are hiding in bushes to avoid accountability and wanting to pounce and steal each others thunder.
    They made an arse of things again.

'Lads, we hope to open on July 14th. On July 1st we'll tell you if that's going ahead or not based on medical and health advice at that time.'
    Very easy. They don't want to lead and take ownership incase it damages them in the polls.
    They've no business in government.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Anything to avoid answering the question that is being asked.

The video showed vradakar commenting on bullying in the workplace whilst the tweeter talked about something unrelated that he's interested in
    So yes, I did answer the question with my viewpoint and I thank you for yours which of course I don't agree with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blanch152 wrote: »
    What a silly post.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0701/1232422-who-covid-spread/

"The World Health Organization (WHO) has said Covid cases were on the rise again in Europe after two months of decline and warned a new wave would come "unless we remain disciplined.""

So we have NPHET, WHO and the Government on the one side urging caution, and we have SF and others wanting unvaccinated young people to be able to drink indoors on the other. Stunning behaviour from them. Oh, and Alan Kelly who has forgotten his previous Zero Covid stance.

"Kluge said that the average vaccine coverage in the WHO's European region was 24%, and half of elderly people and 40% of healthcare workers were still unprotected."

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0701/1232408-covid-blog/

"HSE CEO @paulreiddublin says 67% of the population have been given a first dose of Covid-19 vaccination, and 45% are fully vaccinated."

Looks like we are performing well above the EU average there, too.

So it seems that the clear unequivocal medical advice is get people vaccinated as quickly as possible and be careful on lifting measures, and this is what the Government is doing.

But sure, the communications should be better, but if you ask me, I prefer to be alive with bad communications than dead and being efficiently told I am gone!!!

No problems with lockdowns etc. My only issue is LV making decisions and then saying,'it wasn't me it was him that done it'.
    That's the cowardly sleeveen way Blanch.
    He's getting paid the Tanaiste's wage, he should be man enough to stand over it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Fann Linn wrote: »
    No problems with lockdowns etc. My only issue is LV making decisions and then saying,'it wasn't me it was him that done it'.
    That's the cowardly sleeveen way Blanch.
    He's getting paid the Tanaiste's wage, he should be man enough to stand over it.

Leo is tanaiste as you say. Normally nobody cares about the tanasite, a lot of times people will struggle to name who they are, but it’s full on here Leo love in.

Poor old Michael and Eamonn not getting a look in from Sinn Fein for the hate.

The video showed vradakar commenting on bullying in the workplace whilst the tweeter talked about something unrelated that he's interested in
    So yes, I did answer the question with my viewpoint and I thank you for yours which of course I don't agree with

Varadkar like yourself was deflecting. Without any selfawareness of how he has behaved or his current predicament with the law of the land.

He was called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You don't like twitter we get it.

What does 'mirror gazing' mean?

Caul made the point that it is hypocritical for Leo, who has had to apologise in the Dáil and is under a Garda investigation at this very moment to accuse anybody else of disgracing it or mis-using it.

Do you agree with that or disagree.

But the comment was made on Twitter. Impossible to understand comments written in English on a social media platform. Impossible to respond to the actual comment. Nobody in government used Twitter. :D

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Leo is tanaiste as you say. Normally nobody cares about the tanasite, a lot of times people will struggle to name who they are, but it’s full on here Leo love in.

He is also Taoiseach in waiting if he avoids prosecution.

He is also Taoiseach in waiting if he avoids prosecution.

So? When he is Taoiseach will these pages be full of comments about Eamonn & Michael?

• Advertisement

But the comment was made on Twitter. Impossible to understand comments written in English on a social media platform. Impossible to respond to the actual comment. Nobody in government used Twitter. :D

Never said I don't like twitter
    Most governments just use twitter as an announcement tool and let the barely sentient do what they do on threads after that, mirror gazing mostly
    Someone on minimum wage or a little above is probably left to monitor it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Shebean wrote: »
    It's quite clear, again, the Government are incapable of leading. They are hiding in bushes to avoid accountability and wanting to pounce and steal each others thunder.
    They made an arse of things again.

'Lads, we hope to open on July 14th. On July 1st we'll tell you if that's going ahead or not based on medical and health advice at that time.'
    Very easy. They don't want to lead and take ownership incase it damages them in the polls.
    They've no business in government.

Michael Martin has taken a tough and unpopular decision in the face of high impending risk. Ireland is no outlier in in this regard. The populists can spin away for their own gain but MM has acted in the best interests of the country.

LISBON, July 1 (Reuters) - A night-time curfew will be imposed in several Portuguese municipalities, including the capital Lisbon and the city of Porto, as authorities scramble to bring under control a surge in COVID-19 infections, the government said on Thursday.
    The 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew, which starts on Friday, will be in place in 45 high-risk municipalities, including tourist magnet Albufeira in the sunny southern Algarve region.Cases in Portugal, which faced its toughest battle against the coronavirus in January, jumped by 2,449 on Thursday, the biggest increase since mid-February. Daily coronavirus deaths, in single digits, remain well below February levels, however.
    "We are not in any circumstances to claim that the pandemic is in control," Cabinet Minister Mariana Vieira da Silva told a news conference. "This is a time to follow the rules, avoid gatherings, avoid parties, and seek to contain the numbers."New cases are being reported mostly among unvaccinated younger people. Authorities are speeding up the vaccination campaign to tackle the surge, with those aged 18 to 29 receiving their jabs from next week.
    People living in Lisbon's metropolitan area, where most new cases are concentrated, must still present a negative coronavirus test or a vaccination certificate to leave or enter the region at the weekend.Across the 45 municipalities where the night-time curfew will be implemented, remote work is compulsory whenever possible, restaurants and cafes must close at 10.30 p.m. and weddings may go ahead only under capacity rules.In 19 of the 45 municipalities, including Lisbon and Albufeira where the risk of contagion is "very high," restaurants, cafes and non-food shops must close at 3:30 p.m. over the weekend.

Authorities and health experts in Spain have called for prudence and responsibility amid a surge in cases among young people who are still waiting to be vaccinated after more than 1,000 Covid cases across the country were traced back to an end-of-year school trip to Mallorca. Although more than a third of Spain’s 47 million people have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, case numbers have been rising over recent days – most notably among younger people still waiting to get their shots.
    On Wednesday evening, the number of cases per 100,000 people across Spain over the past fortnight stood at 117.7, up from 92.57 the previous week. However, the number of cases among those aged 12-19 was 287.8 per 100,00 – up 44 on the previous day – while the proportion among those aged 20-29 was 293.3 (up 42).
    “We’re at a stage of the pandemic when we’re getting closer and closer to the end, but we can’t let our guard down,” the health minister, Carolina Darias, said on Wednesday evening. “We have to follow the rules.”
    Spain’s self-governing regions, which run their own health systems, have already begun accelerating their plans to vaccinate the under-30s and are aiming to begin offering them jabs this month. The government says the vaccination programme has reached “cruising speed” and is on track to reach its target of having 70% of the population vaccinated by the end of the summer.

But efforts have been complicated by the arrival of variants of the virus and by the Mallorca outbreak, which has infected at least 1,176 people and left 4,796 in quarantine across Spain. On Thursday, about 170 students who had tested negative after being confined to a hotel on the Balearic island since last Saturday were allowed to begin their journey home. Another 70 students remain in quarantine in the hotel.
    “These are important figures that demand our attention,” Spain’s health emergencies chief, Fernando Simón, said earlier this week. “We need to be very clear that it’s the unvaccinated groups that are at greatest risk.”
    Rafael Bengoa, a co-director of the Institute for Health and Strategy in Bilbao and a former health systems director at the WHO, said events in Mallorca and elsewhere had been completely predictable.
    He warned that the conviviality and many small fiestas of the Spanish summer holiday season were also bound to fuel a rise in transmission. The country recorded a second wave of the virus last autumn after the country’s strict, three-month lockdown was lifted during summer and people rushed to get back to their former lives.
    Bengoa, who is also a former health minister in the Basque regional government, said mixed messaging from Spain’s autonomous regional authorities – and a general yearning to get back to normal – would only compound the situation.“The curve is going back up and it’s not only related to one super-spreader event in Mallorca,” he said.
    “People are beginning to relax and there’s a lot of complacency because the signals from the administrations are that we’re now beginning to de-escalate. They’re sending signals of normality while we’re still very far away from anything that looks like herd immunity.”

A resurgence of COVID cases could lead to France having a fourth wave, a top scientist has warned.
    The French government's leading scientific adviser Professor Jean-Francois Delfraissy said the Delta variant first found in India could see cases continue to rise.
    Medical experts in France have voiced concerns that a new wave could hit the country by September or October and pressure has been growing on the government to introduce tougher safety measures.

UK
    A further 26,068 Covid-19 cases has been recorded in the UK, the highest daily figure since 29 January and sending the seven day-tally up 70% on the week before, according to official data.
    Despite the surge in new infections, daily fatality figures have remained in low double digits. Fourteen deaths were reported today, down from 23 the day before.
    That compares with the more than 1,000 fatalities that were repeatedly reported per day at the height of Britain's worst wave in the pandemic, in January this year.

Scientists have said the trend suggests the rapid vaccine rollout has weakened the link between infections and deaths. The seven-day tally for people being admitted to hospital was up 6%, to a daily figure of 263.
    The data showed that 84.9% of adults have had a first vaccine while 62.4% have had both.
    Meanwhile, the number of Covid-19 patients on ventilators in England's hospitals has climbed to its highest level for more than two months, according to figures. Analysis by the PA news agency shows that the average number of patients in hospitals in England is also climbing, with younger people driving the rise.

Austria is relaxing most coronavirus restrictions on July 1st despite heightened concern surrounding the Delta variant. But what do the experts say?
    Since midnight, many of the remaining Covid-19 restrictions in Austria have been eased, but some politicians and experts are asking if it’s too soon – especially as the Delta variant continues to spread.
    Although 3-G (tested, vaccinated or recovered) still applies for hospitality and many cultural and leisure activities, late night venues can open again and it is no longer mandatory to wear an FFP2 mask in retail.
    FFP2 masks still have to be worn in hospitals and aged-care homes in Vienna, but in essential retail spaces like supermarkets and pharmacies and on public transport, only a cloth mask is required.
    At the same time, cases of the Delta variant, which is more transmissible than the Alpha variant and can potentially bypass some immunity, is increasing in Austria.
    This has led to concerns about the relaxation of restrictions, with Vienna taking a different path to the rest of the country by banning the use of self-tests and introducing a mandate that children from the age of 6 need proof of a negative test or vaccination.
    What do the experts say?
    The Local spoke to Fabian Valka, Researcher Mathematical Modeling and Machine Learning at vektorraum, about the 1st July Lockerungen (relaxation of measures) and the Delta variant.
    Fabian said: “The proportion of Delta variant cases among all cases in Austria is rapidly growing, like in many other countries.

The current data also suggests that the Delta variant cases are probably already growing exponentially in Austria.
    “Any lifting of current interventions, like mask mandates, has the potential to further accelerate that growth.”

Anyone who doesn't know the taoiseach or tanaistes name is either a fool or apathetic.

Varadkar like yourself was deflecting. Without any selfawareness of how he has behaved or his current predicament with the law of the land.

He was called out on it.

Nope that's your opinion, coming from a similar set that espoused it, a mirror gaze
    Leo was talking about one thing and the tweeter talking about something unrelated
    A curious tactic to puff up the timeline for the like minded followers
    Thing is as I pointed out, other opinions are available usually from people who don't give a toss about yours or that tweeters on this particular matter at any rate

Anyone who doesn't know the taoiseach or tanaistes name is either a fool or apathetic.

What do you call someone who doesn’t understand the difference in the Taoiseach and Tanaiste?

What do you call someone who doesn’t understand the difference in the Taoiseach and Tanaiste?

Google is >>>>if you're looking for a lesson in either Civics or English.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

There was a lad (who sometimes masqueraded as a lad-y too) on here who was a fairly prolific poster in political threads who didn't even realise that the Ceann Comhairle automatically retained their seat in an election.... That's the level of intelligence you would be dealing with on here. I certainly am getting a sense of Déjà Vu, I can tell you that for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Is it a TD? :D

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1323688323114799104

Nope that's your opinion, coming from a similar set that espoused it, a mirror gaze
    Leo was talking about one thing and the tweeter talking about something unrelated
    A curious tactic to puff up the timeline for the like minded followers
    Thing is as I pointed out, other opinions are available usually from people who don't give a toss about yours or that tweeters on this particular matter at any rate

Lovely little philosophical treatise that that might be, Leo attacked the 'poster' and didn't address the issue at hand. His attack lacked the self awareness of the both what he has done himself for which he had to apologise and the fact that he is a subject of a Garda Criminal Investigation.

He was called out on that. Have you ANYTHING to say on the issue he was called out on.

Or will we get another dissertation?

One might say ineedeuro asked for that! :) Good one. :):)

• Advertisement

Would you have opened indoor dining in the current circumstances?
    I don't think the soc dems would or SF
    Everyone has been blind sided by Delta and Nphet's job
    A large outbreak in Dungarvan according to Nphet today began in a pub there
    The good news is there's brilliant news from South Africa today on the efficacy of the 1 shot jaansen on delta and AstraZeneca is going to a 1 month gap
    We will be looking at a different story in a month or two
    Most adults will have a DCC
    I don't like the delay either but events again are neck and neck with decisions

The government never did any contingency planning. Delta is around for months and all variants come to Ireland.
    Only now are they doing contingency planning. The mismanagement is astounding. The chaos and communication are as expected.
    Only yesterday did they create "working groups" to look into antigen testing and green certs. The entire hospitality sector are utterly sickened by their nonsense this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

The government never did any contingency planning. Delta is around for months and all variants come to Ireland.
    Only now are they doing contingency planning. The mismanagement is astounding. The chaos and communication are as expected.
    Only yesterday did they create "working groups" to look into antigen testing and green certs. The entire hospitality sector are utterly sickened by their nonsense this week.

Around May last year NPHET recommended MHQ and look how long it took them to bring it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

One might say ineedeuro asked for that! :) Good one. :):)

Still walking into haymakers I see.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Around May last year NPHET recommended MHQ and look how long it took them to bring it in.

I would have a lot more respect for the chaos coalition if they said that a delay in opening was required because of data projections and that contingency plans were never considered for whatever reason. Instead we have arrived at some half way house scenario where they are going to patronise the public and hospitality industry by saying they cannot open but they will look at ways to half open so that they don't lose face. We all know the working groups will dilly dally until their bright ideas are irrelevant.

Show some leadership, show some bottle.

I would have a lot more respect for the chaos coalition if they said that a delay in opening was required because of data projections and that contingency plans were never considered for whatever reason. Instead we have arrived at some half way house scenario where they are going to patronise the public and hospitality industry by saying they cannot open but they will look at ways to half open so that they don't lose face. We all know the working groups will dilly dally until their bright ideas are irrelevant.

Show some leadership, show some bottle.

Same here. No issue at all if advice says whatever. It is the appalling handling month in month out.
    Had a restaurant ring today to cancel a July booking, the absolute depressed bewilderment was palpable. What are they doing to people, hard working people?

Same here. No issue at all if advice says whatever. It is the appalling handling month in month out.
    Had a restaurant ring today to cancel a July booking, the absolute depressed bewilderment was palpable. What are they doing to people, hard working people?

Yep exactly and yesterday they brought in hospitality industry leaders to patronize them further or ask them whether they have any good ideas. Just for optics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Yep exactly and yesterday they brought in hospitality industry leaders to patronize them further or ask them whether they have any good ideas. Just for optics.

The hospitality industry has been closed for the guts of 15 months now and only now the government are talking to them.

The government have gone for the usual fudge and making half a decision and just making themselves look incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Lovely little philosophical treatise that that might be, Leo attacked the 'poster' and didn't address the issue at hand. His attack lacked the self awareness of the both what he has done himself for which he had to apologise and the fact that he is a subject of a Garda Criminal Investigation.

He was called out on that. Have you ANYTHING to say on the issue he was called out on.

Or will we get another dissertation?

Did Leo have a go at some of the precious SF TDs today? Is that the reason for the outrage tonight?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Did Leo have a go at some of the precious SF TDs today? Is that the reason for the outrage tonight?

I think the discussion here is because somebody had a go at Leo for his behaviour today and a number of posters want to nuke Twitter. They don't like their boy to be dissed, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

No Mark. It was a lowball refusal on your part to see a difference between anti Irish bigotry and a government party shamed into not wasting money. The reason they didn't pursue it.
    Those looking for an equal status for the Irish language act didnt drop it in shame.

Yes, because we know the biggest issue in the North right now is the Irish Language....

The SCU was a good idea, but the populists and moaners just like a good ol moan. They never have to think of the bigger picture.

Advertisement