Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Doesn't change the story. Thankfully we are not reliant on the mainstream media to break a story and we have social media to give them a push were needed.

Back in the day, during the Haughey years especially, journalists were afraid, had their phones tapped and Garda sent around. Government can't control the narrative and its a good thing. We just have to watch they don't go after social media....

I do not believe he didn't think that house counted because he had sold it before the year was out. If he does his own books, which I doubt, he's either a fool or a liar for a client.

Like every politician of his ilk we are left to decide if they are incompetent or crooked. These are the only options they leave us time and again.

Politicians dealing in property during a housing crisis of their own making, should be raising eyebrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

You'd almost long for the days where we had 3 agri ministers in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Riddle me This BA, you seem more concerned about talking about a very successful SM Platform rather than the actual Robert Troy Matter, why is this exactly 🤔

I seen some ludicrous suggestion about LinkedIn, which is a Business, peer to peer platform so to speak, it shares no news as such, apart from business topics, employment opportunities etc

I don't think anything is Trending, I know it is, check for yourself.

Verification of Twitter accounts like many other SM platforms has its faults of course, there's a feature involving obtaining a blue sticker, difficult to get, primarily for business users, Tech subscribers etc but it's quite easy to check a posters history, previous tweets, when they joined etc and I don't believe I'm an exception in checking a person who follows me (I'm terribly boring, about 20 followers but I'm not a big user. I've see silly comments about lots of numbers after a name, this unfortunately is as a result of Twitters success, very difficult to choose a user name now, particularly a users full name, I was assigned mine in 2020.

But again have you anything at all to say about the Troy story or just here to talk about Twitter 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I'm expecting the 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th secret of fatima to be released by Friday by the Ditch 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Sorry but you posted a number of times trying to tell everyone this was important because it is trending on twitter.

The problem with twitter is that, when it comes to an election, some person sitting at home with 50 fake accounts on twitter making something trend can't bring those 50 fake accounts to vote. 🤝

Slagging off a platform because it is not full of fake/bot accounts 😂

Of course I'll be cautious in my interpretation of Troys Misinterpretation's but even Philp Ryan from the Indo perplexed this morning, he put it beautifully actually, "Troy giving an impression he was being Charitable when selling one property at a massive profit to Westmeath County Council, who it now transpires were paying him Rent prior to the sale",

what's actually extraordinary about the sale of this, particular property in Mullingar (which I know of well) all that was required was a tiny Parcel of access land , effecting 2 properties to a site the council own. Some experts saying at most €10k to each house would have resolved the matter. Instead hundreds of thousands, not including rent and possibly the house initially could have been purchased from CAB directly for a fraction of the price they ultimately paid, sure its only taxpayers money after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

We know your opinion on twitter. Any opinion on Robert Troy?

Don't apologise, I'm just trying to understand what you want to actually discuss, the topic or a SM Platform

If you actually look at my posts again, I answered, reasonably questions put to me, and it's actually you slagging off a SM platform not me, perhaps it's because of its success, I don't know, but I can't add anymore to this particular conversation I'm afraid it's going way of topic, don't you think.

You mentioned twitter numerous times and the fact it was trending, not me.

I have pointed out that twitter is full of fake accounts, I also pointed out the multi billion sale of twitter was stopped partly because of fake accounts. Research has been done to point out twitter has over 19% of fake accounts. That is not "slagging off". That is providing information which is available to everyone.

Anyway I will leave it at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Is there any chance you could even use the word "Troy" in your reply as requested? Any chance you could offer an opinion on the story and the 7 omissions? Any chance? Troy? FF?

😉

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

O please BA, Move on, I was responding to questions which I did respectively and reasonably, I'm not going to carry on this deflection can we get back to Robert Troy or anything FFG related, I've dealt with the context and questions many times, no more

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Government always have confidence in ministers until they don't and they are otherwise saying it is a SIPO problem. It just makes up Martin's mind for him in the reshuffle. He seems, so far, to be within the regulations and it will be three months to the changeover when they come back so on balance they'd probably much rather leave him there.

It's just the latest outrage, like most people in Ireland I really couldn't care less. Tomorrow it will be something else and it will be the same reaction.

I am more interested in how many people are working away going over all the TD's receipts/personal information trying to find any small issue they might have so it can be splashed all over the internet and made to "trend" by the same bot/fake accounts

How many thousands or millions is been burned by these people to come up with these stories?

I am sure if you do a forensic audit on every single TD in government you will find something. It would seem this organisation is only interested in certain parties as well which puts a massive question mark over everything they are doing. One of the core principles of journalistic ethics and standard is impartiality. Something which is clearly lacking in these articles.

It's not real in the sense that very many people on Twitter have an online persona that would not be recognisable IRL. It's pure reaction, rage a lot of the time, with indiscriminate and random sharing of tweets and it's very hard to shut someone up unless there is a pile-on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

So the Ditch did a forensic audit now?

While, seeing as you think the Ditch are biased against the poor oul gubberment, what then of the other news organisations that are now running with it?

---

"...like most people in Ireland I really couldn't care less."

You're doing an awful lot of not caring on here about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So Robert didn't do what was reported? It's all a fabrication?

P.S. 'Other' parties do not have Ministers with responsibilities for amongst other things Business Regulation.

We get it, you don't care about such trivial matters. Scroll on by then, stop trying to deflect.

I won't disagree entirely with that, but I'm seeing more disgust and astonishment and indeed from very unlikely sources. What's actually intriguing and I can't explain it, Leo now getting as much flack as Troy.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

Its their thousands or millions why do you give a shite, you should be thankful they chose to fcuk their money around.

• Advertisement

True but he said much, much more, rather foolish I think. And now a new spat over some proposals they are kite flying re the budget, FF & Greens having none of it, I'm presuming the 30% inequitable tax band idea of Leo's gone off the agenda too 🤔 he's not having a great week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

It is disruptive posting rather than anything else (same as before). Instead of dealing with the impact of Troy and his activities on FFG, the aim seems to be to deflect to Twitter and try to drag the thread off-topic.

Regards...jmcc

Not sure what point you are trying to make here?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

It's not necessarily a case of what Troy did to the ditch, but maybe someone from within the government parties leaked the initial info on him, which got the ball rolling.

There's form for leaking from within current govt members in fairness.

A FF minister pulling strokes, right after getting back into govt after that last crash (and hot on the heels of the last AIB scandal)? Well I never. The longer he's kept there to shore up a truly rotten govt the better for us all in the long term.

I will say it again “double standards”

If they carried out this investigation on all parties then yes it would be applauded, this is clearly not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

It gets into very iffy territory if it was a leak from within FFG that started it off. It may be that the journos in The Ditch are good enough to develop their own stories and leads. For FFG, who are more used to dealing with press release recyclers and a generally friendly media, that's a terrifying prospect.

Regards...jmcc

It's just the latest outrage, ...........

Tomorrow it will be something else and it will be the same reaction

Isn't that the problem? It wasn't the messengers looking shady with property deals.

You are dismissing an awful lot of problems out of hand and ones that haven't even surfaced yet. Will you be this easy going on ministers if FF are out next government?

Can you give a source or show the data where you got 'most people in Ireland don't care'?

'The people are wrong to be giving out, if there's that many of them giving out anyway'. Nice.

Leo describes Troy as being Top class, Simon Harris calling for stronger legislation re declarations of interest in the same article yesterday in the Indo 🤔 you'd have to wonder what is going on when FG are left to defend Troy, it's extraordinary.

• Advertisement

Even Wikipedia have updated Troy's page, He joins a rather large amount of Irish Politicians with a dedicated "Controversies" section.

Well Done Minister

Albeit I anticipate the Page will require updating shortly 🤔

Advertisement