Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Its worrying that he thinks things are getting better (but too slowly).

The FG experiment at being young and trendy must come to an end. At least the old FG model was a more honest dislike of the Irish public.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Over a decade in power, and they've f**ked it up so badly that people will probably vote in Sinn Fein next time round. I mean, imagine how badly you have to f**k up for that to hppen.

And this was all signposted at the last electon. SF's huge improvement was basically down to one reason - housing. They've had 2 and a half years to focus on that one real issue, and you couldn't imagine a more comprehensive and spectacular failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

What have the scriptwriters been doing since 2008 as the governments since t hen have failed us?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Based on Sinn Fein performance in DCC from 2014 - 2019 then yes they can be a lot worse.

If DCC was building houses instead of blocking houses during that period would we have such a huge backlog?

It's a bit odd this is not discussed on the government thread as it was already raised? no sure it needs a thread on its own. The interview behind the comment is the mundane interview politicians do all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Go back and watch Eoin O'Broin debate with Darragh O'Brien on Prime Time and see do you still actually believe this. SF haven't a clue when it comes to housing.

• Advertisement

In 2014 Sinn Fein had a majority in DCC and had a great article on it's website saying it was now running DCC as it had the majority and was going to spent the next 5 years building houses.

The next 5 years the numbers are terrible,

The article which was on Sinn Fein website till recently was deleted with the spurge of all the pro-Russian content.

So anyone thinking SF can do about housing are sadly mistaken, their record in the North is terrible as well, this is what they done in the North on renters, to me would contradict what they are telling people in the Republic

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-60652822

FG and FF had more seats, a FG housing and local authority minister, oh and the government behind them. Time you put that shite to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,031 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Well now there was another real issue in fairness for those 2 1/2 years.

Housing has been a sht show since the Tiger and to be honest I don't think any of them will solve it because too many of the "I'm alright Jack" crowd are more worried about their own property (home back in the day) decreasing in value than anyone young people ever getting a house.

Incorrect and local elections are available on the web. 16 seats for Sinn Fein, 9 FF, 8 FG and 8 Lab

Sinn Fein had majority and the article was shared here many times till the purge. SF telling everyone how they would build houses as that is what people voted them in to do.

Then what happened? 😂

Time you put that shite to bed. 😂

Just a pity Sinn Fein can't delete all articles off the web like they do on their website

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/elections/sinn-fein-to-take-control-of-dublin-city-council-30303069.html

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TagoMago

I guess this is the attitude that comes from knowing there will be 0 consequences from failing at your job? Even when SF do get elected (being the preceding Taoisech/Tainiste to this happening should be considered a monumental cock up considering where SF were even 20 years ago), Varadkar is pretty much guaranteed to retain his seat until whenever it is he decides to retire and enjoy his sizeable pension

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

One solution is to limit (kick out) freeloading dodgy immigrants and facebook asylum shoppers. I include many Ukrainians in that too.

So they all want to solve the housing issue, but they steadfastly REFUSE to mention that 80,000 (soon to be more, no limits) war refugees and various benefit shoppers are being housed ahead of Irish Citizens. We are FULL UP.

I haven't heard any party suggest that we should take a step back, draw a breath and focus on our own for change. Ah no, not a single one of them. So make no mistake they will all promise the sun moon and stars but will not mention the elephant in the room ever.

I have no faith in any of them looking after Irish Citizens, second class in our own land now.

I suppose this post will be deleted. Just because I have a view that is not allowed to be said out. The Emperor's new clothes indeed. They are all the same.

If you don't like it being discussed here then why comment on here? Do you not like a light that portrays your precious Leo in a bad light been shone? By discussing it on here we can do that without having to focus too much on the current government as this problem goes back to not when Leo first became Taoiseach but further back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,031 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Thats the spirit. Now we get to the real reason these threads appear in this swamp and not politics with the grown ups

I must remind you I have never voted for Leo or his party and never will. It is a standard run of the mill interview done every day by TD's so not sure why it would warrant a thread of it own, especially when the topic is already on the government thread.

Was just a question anyway?

it merits a thread of it's own as the issue goes so far back we will not be commenting on the current government. This is a serious issue that needs to be discussed properly.

THe serious issue is the amount of housing blocked by parties for political gain.

I provided information before on the long lists of housing all over Ireland blocked by all parties which has resulted in the mess we are in today. One of the main offenders is of course Sinn Fein.

If you are so concerned about housing have you ever contacted Sinn Fein and asked them why they continue to blocks houses/apartments for people on a regular basis?

The government has already asked for ALL parties to work together in this crisis but we have yet to see that happen.

No political party should be blocking houses. Do you not agree?

9 + 8 = 17.

FF and FG have the most seats currently. Have they sorted housing in Dublin? Or is this were we get told the council don't make policy?

You are the person coming in to a thread about a Leo interview regarding housing to talk about SF on DCC several years ago and ask us why we are bothering to discuss an interview Leo gave.

Seems you don't want it discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Can we have another go at an election please Leo?

Why not +8 for labour based on that logic? probably because it has no logic.

Sinn Fein as per the article on the newspaper and their own website ran DCC between 2014-2019

I know you hate it when anything bad about Sinn fein is posted but this is a thread about housing and someone tried to point out Sinn fein would be better. I am just giving an excellent example of how terrible they are when given some power. Along with the recent vote in the North AGAINST renters it really doesn't bode well for people if Sinn Fein come into government. Total disaster based on their performance in DCC

Made up babbling school yard banter.

FF/FG haven't solved housing in DCC. They've made it worse. Talking shite horse.

So whats your opinion on Leo's belief that housing is improving, albeit slowly? Do you agree, disagree? He seems to be deluded or lying to me.

• Advertisement

Made up babbling school yard banter.😂

Housing is improving, houses are getting built all the time. We need more of course

• Registered Users Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Correct, FF caused it. FFG have made it much much worse.

A Housing Disaster.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This 100% and now to add insult we have a FF Junior Minister playing fast ans loose with the rules while making a fortune on housing/property.

I hope they last the full term because there is going to be some carnage for FF FG come an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Wondered how long it would take shrodringers Local Gov to be mentioned. In one area objecting is bad. Then an another FG run constituency stops apartments crickets. Wonder if Mr Varadkar has talked to the minister that does not look after housing about this. There is a sticky wicket at the moment ABP under the microscope. Cant see them getting much work done with the place being turned over.

DCC must be a model for housing policy considering FF/FG have so many seats. Not to mention in other FF/FG areas.

Completely laughable carry on. I can see the kind of beliber votes for Leo alright.

We'd be better off if FF/FG and their family and friends on the planning board just stopped at this stage. There was one plucky neck like a jockeys bollocks came in to say blocking is warranted sometimes, on foot of FF and the Green blocking apartments. Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭NiceFella

Housing is absolutely not improving at an acceptable rate for a large portion of the electorate. I would have been in the never sinn fein camp but FFG have been so obsenely poor on this issue that there must be consequences for making this disaster which is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

A this stage I would not be surprised if the objections are that no one owns property in that zone. Rather than an Actual objection. 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Build Up

Advertisement