Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Strange. My local pharmacy is well organised and has been taking bookings for the last week or so. Absolutely no problems.

Do you have accommodation? Maybe there's no housing problem.

Strange. My local pharmacy is well organised and has been taking bookings for the last week or so. Absolutely no problems.

Ditto here in Arklow
    You can even register on line to enter the queue if you are 18 to 49
    This booking tool was live this morning already for example
    Extremely efficient

https://www.dunnepharmacies.ie/covid-vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

Ditto here in Arklow
    You can even register on line to enter the queue if you are 18 to 49
    This booking tool was live this morning already for example
    Extremely efficient

https://www.dunnepharmacies.ie/covid-vaccine

Word hasn't reached the border counties. I'm not joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mattser wrote: »

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Not for 18-34.

Pharmacies were only allowed give vaccines to straggler over-50s since mid June. Janssen only. Very low numbers were availing because most already vaxxed.

They will now be able to give them to 18-34 from 5th July.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Not for 18-34.

Pharmacies were only allowed give vaccines to straggler over-50s since mid June. Very low numbers were availing because most already vaxxed.

Maryanne is 'confused'. Who'd have thought it!

There's a report on RTE the National Director of the HSE asking the public to be patient with Pharmacies because of limited supplies.
    No geographical specifics.
    What are you basing this on?

Its only participating pharmacies
    You can search your county here

https://www2.hse.ie/apps/services/pharmaciesservicelist.aspx

Theres rakes in Louth, I know that
    I'll bet the non participating are getting bombarded

Its only participating pharmacies
    You can search your county here

https://www2.hse.ie/apps/services/pharmaciesservicelist.aspx

Theres rakes in Louth, I know that
    I'll bet the non participating are getting bombarded

There are participating pharmacies in all border counties. What is mattser on about one wonders?

Not for 18-34.

Pharmacies were only allowed give vaccines to straggler over-50s since mid June. Janssen only. Very low numbers were availing because most already vaxxed.

18 to 34s can book in readiness for next week. They are doing so, with no problems.

• Advertisement

18 to 34s can book in readiness for next week. They are doing so, with no problems.

You're welcome. The can 'book' from today and do you know how they book?

The fact is that pharmacists need to do annual training on how to administer the flu vaccine. Every single year they do this training. You would think they should have been involved in the vaccine rollout since Day 1.

Pharmacists and their representatives have been begging for the opportunity to administer vaccines for nearly a year now. They are at a loss on why it has taken so long. Finally on June 14th they were given the straggler over-50s group. Low numbers. But today, in order to try and get the chaos coalition out of a PR hole, 750 pharmacies have been given permission to vaccinate 18-34s from 5th July. Far too late, far too dis-organised. The booking system isn't even online.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0702/1232712-pharmacy-vaccines-covid/
    The HSE National Director for the vaccine roll-out has urged people to be "patient" with pharmacies with regard to booking vaccine appointments, and pharmacies ability to offer vaccines.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/accelerated-vaccine-rollout-will-not-alter-outlook-for-july-august-glynn-1.4609811
    The accelerated rollout of the vaccine programme to younger people will not “materially alter” what the country will be dealing with in terms of Covid-19 in July and August, deputy chief medical officer Dr Ronan Glynn has said.

You're welcome. The can 'book' from today and do you know how they book?

My lad picked up his phone and actually made a phone call to the pharmacy. Simples.

My lad picked up his phone and actually made a phone call to the pharmacy. Simples.

Indeed yes, super efficient. Much better than that online registration portal that captures all your important credentials in advance.

Indeed yes, super efficient. Much better than that online registration portal that captures all your important credentials in advance.

There’s no satisfying some people 🙄

So you'd understand why Pharmacies not prepared would feel bombarded by phone calls? If you recall that's what you are arguing against as your Pharmacy is grand by all accounts.
    You do realise your local Pharmacy isn't any evidence or comment on every Pharmacy in the country?
    I don't personally know anyone homeless, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in it or will argue it doesn't exist.

I'm confused now. He did this last week then?

There’s no satisfying some people 🙄

You miss the big picture as usual.

The vaccination centres will end up doing the vast majority of the 18-34s anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Maryanne was the poster that lived in an area that was rife with Irish Water infrastructure projects too back in the day. Miles and miles of shiny new pipes as far as the eye could see, worked on by efficient and professional Irish water employees God had fashioned in his own image.

Now Maryannes local pharmacy has been taking vaccination registrations over the phone days and days (for the last week or so) over the phone before it even was announced you could do so.

Never stop believing utopia exists. Maryanne is a resident it would seem.

Man with two pints on every corner I bet.

You miss the big picture as usual.

The vaccination centres will end up doing the vast majority of the 18-34s anyway.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    Maryanne was the poster that lived in an area that was rife with Irish Water infrastructure projects too back in the day. Miles and miles of shiny new pipes as far as the eye could see, worked on by efficient and professional Irish water employees God had fashioned in his own image.

Now Maryannes local pharmacy has been taking vaccination registrations over the phone days and days (for the last week or so) over the phone before it even was announced you could do so.

Never stop believing utopia exists. Maryanne is a resident it would seem.

Man with two pints on every corner I bet.

What’s this? Snipe at Maryanne day because they’re upset that the government is doing a good job and some pharmacies are very efficiently run?

• Advertisement

What’s this? Get Maryanne time?

The government are doing a great job in very difficult circumstances. Get over to it.

Not get Maryanne time, no.

It's more a case of you posting what is quite clearly nonsense. Your local pharmacy can't have been taking phone calls with vaccination registrations for the 18-34 groups for the last week or so, because it wasn't even a thing then.

Simples as you'd say yourself.

What’s this? Snipe at Maryanne day because they’re upset that the government is doing a good job and some pharmacies are very efficiently run?

No, it's jealousy Maryanne. I want to know how your young fella was able to get this 'for the last week' as you said your local pharmacy was doing?

No, it's jealousy Maryanne. I want to know how your young fella was able to get this 'for the last week' as you said your local pharmacy was doing?

Damned if I know. When he’s finished work I’ll grill him. Date, time, etc.

I said that the pharmacy was taking bookings for the last week or so. I didn’t say that he was first to book.

Whole families, adults and teenagers have been vaccinated by doctors in my area.

Jeez, aren’t I lucky to live where I do!

Damned if I know. When he’s finished work I’ll grill him. Date, time, etc.

I said that the pharmacy was taking bookings for the last week or so. I didn’t say that he was first to book.

Whole families, adults and teenagers have been vaccinated by doctors in my area.

Jeez, aren’t I lucky to live where I do!

Not hard to say you just rushed to defend and bluffed Maryanne.

If mattser would account for his bit of 'info' now that would clear everything up.

Not hard to say you just rushed to defend and bluffed Maryanne.

If mattser would account for his bit of 'info' now that would clear everything up.

Don’t like hearing positive things about the government, do you?

You needed to bluff/lie about the government.

The pharmacies that weren't taking bookings to vaccinate the 18-34 year olds "for a week or so" despite you trying to claim they were, aren't the government Maryanne.

Surely to God someone who shills so much in blind defence of the government would know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Why the hell does every single FFG supporter bring up SF in this thread? I dont care about SF hence I don't go into SF threads. I also dont care about NI. This is the government thread. Why do ye insist on deflecting?

It seems to me that the more the government is screwing up, the more people fill this thread with SF.

Didn't you know it's SF's fault that we have a housing crisis. A SF that is not in government in the south and who is not the leading party in any of the Dublin county councils.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Great news on the vaccine front with that Romanian deal. 1 million doses would be a gamechanger to the rollout. Credit to Martin and all involved in the discussions with the Romanian government.

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Great news on the vaccine front with that Romanian deal. 1 million doses would be a gamechanger to the rollout. Credit to Martin and all involved in the discussions with the Romanian government.

It's called contingency planning. Something I have been criticising the government throughout their handling of the pandemic. And rightly so.

As an aside, I wonder why so many Romanians refuse to take the vaccines.

Advertisement